La Roche-Posay Effaclar Toner Astringent Lotion

3.3

Water, Alcohol Denat., Glycerin,sodium Citrate, Propylene Glycol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Capryloyl Salicylic Acid, Citric Acid, Salicylic Acid, Fragrance.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I accidentally put my review for this toner in the wrong place because the photo on that page was for Effaclar, even though the reviews were for the alcohol free, more gentle toner (which I also use but in winter). I use Effaclar in the warm, humid weather of Southern Ontario summers. It is so refreshing and cuts through grease and grime, making it really great to use for a quick clean up after a run or a day in a hot, stuffy classroom when my otherwise normal skin can turn into an oil slick. Packaging is "bare bones" and practical and the price is good too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Okay so when I purchased this on a whim I went and started searching for the reviews, and on here I found it rated so poorly that I was reluctant to try it. However, I stifled the bad reviews and tried it anyways and I'm happy I did. As much as it may not work for other people's skin, this works beautifully for mine and has helped clear up my acne so much that it is almost non-existent. Very worthwhile product in my opinion and will certainly be repurchasing. If you have olive skin tone, oily, sensitive, acne prone skin then this just may be for you but I can understand how this may not be a product for everyone, especially dry skin beauties. :)

Three words: AD-DIC-TED. I purchased this after watching one of my favorite beauty bloggers swear by it, and now, I'm addicted to it. I used it twice a day - in the morning (followed by the La Roche Posay Spring Water mist) and at night, after Cetaphil cleanser. I've either found the perfect combination of skin care products, or this stuff alone is awesome. I hadn't used a toner in many years, but this product feels gentle enough not to dry out and strip my skin, yet hard working enough to pick up any stubborn residue left behind after the Cetaphil. It is a great product and well worth keeping as a staple in a skin cleansing regime.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

i have been using this product in combination with the foaming cleanser and mattifying lotion for a month now.
This is a secret weapon in stopping break outs it won't work on it's own but is exceptional when used with the cleanser in particular. I'll be repurchasing this for sure.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I purchased this for $20-25 CAD for a 200 mL bottle. I thought this was an excellent toner; it has a light smell, not over powering like some other brands and did not sting. It definitely helped to remove excess make up and oil on my oily skin, without drying. I have huge pores and blackheads on my nose and it has helped to unclog, tighten minimize the pores. The small amount of salicyic acid has helped to prevent future break outs, which is a definite. plus The packaging is a clear plastic bottle (I like to see how much product I have left) with a press on cap which was convenient for travelling. For those who left negative reviews/say it does not work, I am sorry to say this alone will NOT eliminate your acne, nor does it claim to!
The product has lasted me 8 months with everyday use, sometimes twice a day. I recommend it!

I often had problems with clogged pores and oily skin till well up to the age of 35. As if this wouldn`t be enough my skin also has gone haywire if confronted with too harsh products. I tried numerous series for akne-prone skin from high-end to low-end to ecological to doctors` brands. Some landed in the bin two days later some seemed to do a quite good job intitially and failed later. Had I just discovered the Effaclar series earlier this would have saved me a lot of money. A part of my daily routine for almost 4 years now has been this cleanser and it really workes wonders. No blackheads anymore. After application, skin is squeaking clear without being dried out too much. Pores get hardly noticeable. Neither perfume-containing nor chemically smelling. Efficient, practical plastic dispenser. Economical, mild and nevertheless highly effective product that doesn`t make out to be more than it actually is. And inexpensive at that. Wonderful in combination with the foaming cleanser and the Duo creme. Highly recommendable for akne-prone and likewise sensitive skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

My skin hyperpigments very easily (after any skin irritation). After I pluck stray hairs from my face, I must apply a toner or salicylic acid to the area or it will hyperpigment. My hyperpigmentation marks either do not go away or take at least a year to go away. This works quite well. Doesn't sting or smell overly strong. I just apply some to a cotton ball and then wipe over the areas I'm treating. Since I only use this maybe twice a month, my bottle is going to last a very long time. Some may find this expensive for a toner but it's worth it. I highly recommend this if you hyperpigment easily like I do.

Also, I have large pores on my nose. This helps them appear much smaller after I do a mask. Skin is left nice and smooth. I highly recommend.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

very nice toner ..it leaves my skin very clear and refreshed !i have oily skin andbthe pores are looking smaller

Yes, this toner is an *astringent*, meaning it has a high alcohol content (#2 ingredient!). Yes, alcohol is not the best thing to put on your skin. However, I've realized that sometimes my skin *needs* an astringent. I've been in the midst of yet another breakout (food-and-product-related), and after switching up my cleanser (to Clinique Rinse Off which is awesome so far) and adding this astringent into my routine...my acne is clearing up *fast* (2 days to do what nature would only accomplish in 1-2 weeks). This smooths my skin, and tightens my pores ("gentle" or "alcohol-free" toners really just make my skin worse I've found, so in my day to day routine I usually don't use one). It also makes my skin kind of glowy (due to the LHA microexfoliant, I assume). It does dry my skin out though. I use a good moisturizer (Renewed Hope in a Jar - wonderful wonderful stuff) but I still find my oil production somewhat amped up with this, so I am planning to cut back to once per day once this breakout is cleared, and maybe just use it at night. I think it will do a good job at preventing breakouts that way. The bottle is just ok, with a flip top cap, but I wish they'd sell a version with one of those cool pumps that you press the cotton round on. I'm only on day 3 of using this so if things change, I'll update.

This is drying my skin so it is not for daily use. I use it twice a week and it is good for my acne-prone skin. After using this product only on my forehead and acne I use some good moisturizer. I have it for 5months and its on half bottle