La Roche-Posay Effaclar Toner Astringent Lotion

3.3

Water, Alcohol Denat., Glycerin,sodium Citrate, Propylene Glycol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Capryloyl Salicylic Acid, Citric Acid, Salicylic Acid, Fragrance.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

My skin hyperpigments very easily (after any skin irritation). After I pluck stray hairs from my face, I must apply a toner or salicylic acid to the area or it will hyperpigment. My hyperpigmentation marks either do not go away or take at least a year to go away. This works quite well. Doesn't sting or smell overly strong. I just apply some to a cotton ball and then wipe over the areas I'm treating. Since I only use this maybe twice a month, my bottle is going to last a very long time. Some may find this expensive for a toner but it's worth it. I highly recommend this if you hyperpigment easily like I do.

Also, I have large pores on my nose. This helps them appear much smaller after I do a mask. Skin is left nice and smooth. I highly recommend.

This is a good product, though it's really much lighter than most astringents.

This has a pleasant and non-offensive smell, and if you need a relatively light toning product, this is good.

It will not remove excess makeup residue, nor is it an oily skin workhorse, imo.

If you need a workhorse to help with sebum problems, remove stubborn makeup, or can tolerate a stronger product, try DDF 10 percent glycolic.

The astringent description on this is a bit misleading -- I think it's a bit mild, but if you have oily skin that is also very sensitive, this is probably good for you.

This is an effective toner if you need something milder but effective, and also have a hypersensitivity to chemical smells.

Will repurchase, though I need something stronger much of the time, as my skin's not overly sensitive.

I often had problems with clogged pores and oily skin till well up to the age of 35. As if this wouldn`t be enough my skin also has gone haywire if confronted with too harsh products. I tried numerous series for akne-prone skin from high-end to low-end to ecological to doctors` brands. Some landed in the bin two days later some seemed to do a quite good job intitially and failed later. Had I just discovered the Effaclar series earlier this would have saved me a lot of money. A part of my daily routine for almost 4 years now has been this cleanser and it really workes wonders. No blackheads anymore. After application, skin is squeaking clear without being dried out too much. Pores get hardly noticeable. Neither perfume-containing nor chemically smelling. Efficient, practical plastic dispenser. Economical, mild and nevertheless highly effective product that doesn`t make out to be more than it actually is. And inexpensive at that. Wonderful in combination with the foaming cleanser and the Duo creme. Highly recommendable for akne-prone and likewise sensitive skin.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

At first, I really like this toner. It made my pores look a bit smaller and didn't cause any breakouts. It made me feel really clean as well. The only problem I had with it, was that it made my skin really dry, especially on my nose which I can't stand. My nose started burning and flaking. I returned it immediately. I don't feel like this is worth the money and it's supposed to control the oilies but I don't want dry skin either! Will not repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I bought this when I went to the drugstore and they didn't have my usual HG (Clinique Acne Solutions) and I was impatient. I wanted something NOW.
This "astringent" is really not effective,as such. It's about as effective as witch hazel, which for me sucked...I do not like witch hazel. This toner smelled really nice and the color matched my bathroom, but truly it's an underwhelming product and actually made my skin oilier. Then the millia started and it went back. Back to the drugstore after a week, and back to my HG. Effaclar was not for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I purchased this for $20-25 CAD for a 200 mL bottle. I thought this was an excellent toner; it has a light smell, not over powering like some other brands and did not sting. It definitely helped to remove excess make up and oil on my oily skin, without drying. I have huge pores and blackheads on my nose and it has helped to unclog, tighten minimize the pores. The small amount of salicyic acid has helped to prevent future break outs, which is a definite. plus The packaging is a clear plastic bottle (I like to see how much product I have left) with a press on cap which was convenient for travelling. For those who left negative reviews/say it does not work, I am sorry to say this alone will NOT eliminate your acne, nor does it claim to!
The product has lasted me 8 months with everyday use, sometimes twice a day. I recommend it!

I went to shoppers drug mart hoping to find a great product to help clear the breakout I was having since none of the stuff I used at home worked. I saw this La Roche-Posay Effaclar kit which came with 5 little bottles of different acne treatments ; a gel 15 mL, Effaclar A.I. 15 mL, this toner 15mL, lotion 5mL, and an anti-redness lotion 5mL. All these bottles we're smaller then my pinky finger for $20.
I used this toner on my acne and it didn't help at all. I was disappointed because I thought this would definitely work considering La Roche-Posay is a pretty expensive brand but nooope it didn't.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

Did not like this at all.
It did not help my acne, it did not help my skin be less oily and it irritated my skin.
Stopped using it.
Waste of money.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

i have been using this product in combination with the foaming cleanser and mattifying lotion for a month now.
This is a secret weapon in stopping break outs it won't work on it's own but is exceptional when used with the cleanser in particular. I'll be repurchasing this for sure.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i feel refresh when i applied it but if u put an excess for product on the pad , it will dries up your skin . i will not buy it again .