Soap & Glory Flake Away Spa Body Polish

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Soap & Glory Flake Away Spa Body Polish
Soap & Glory Flake AwaySoap & Glory Flake Away Body PolishSoap & Glory Flake Away Body Polish

4.6

Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Maris Sal (Sea Salt), Sucrose, Glyceryl Stearate, Polysorbate 20, PEG-100 Stearate, Parfum (Fragrance), Prunus Persica (Peach) Seed Powder, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Dipropylene Glycol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, BHT, Geraniol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone.

on 4/1/2016 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My skin feels amazing after using this scrub. Like all soap and glory products it's really good value for money. Have also tried the scrub of your life, but this product is much better. Have gone through so many tubs and will continue to repurchase.

Flake Away is my HG body scrub. I cannot recommend this enough!
I suffer from keratosis pilaris on my upper arms and after I use this, my arms are dramatically softer & smoother. I use this twice a week and can really see my skin has improved since using it. It is abrasive yet doesn't irritate or leave me raw. It is moisturising enough for me so sometimes I can even skip body lotion if I am in a rush. It has the signature S&G scent which I love. The best body scrub I've ever used. I highly recommend!

on 4/15/2014 11:40:00 AM

This scrub is pretty decent, being a relatively abrasive salt scrub that does a great job of smoothing out any dry, flaky bits or scaly limbs. It's a little oily, and does leave a very slight layer on your skin but not in an uncomfortable, greasy way - some oil-based scrubs leave a horrible slippery film behind meaning having to use shower gel afterwards to degrease - not cool! This doesn't do that but you can feel it slightly on the skin after rinsing, but for me it's more of a moisturising glow than an oily film, and it doesn't leave you too greasy that you can't use lotion after. Indeed, if you use The Righteous Butter from the same range afterwards your neighbours will probably smell you through the walls! It's VERY perfumed, with same scent as the other products in the 'Original Pink' range, and Flake Away is, to me anyway, the most strongly scented. I have quite reactive skin but this doesn't cause any undue sensitivity despite the strong fragrance and saltiness - though don't use it on any cuts or scratches as that salt will STING! Price is reasonable (in the UK at least, currently 8) as the larger tub probably lasts a while - I used the travel-size to try it out but may well buy the full-size tub in the future.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've yet to find an S&G product which I can say I really like. I think one of the major issues for me is their signature scent which seems to span most of their range, but which I find quite off-putting. To me it smells musty, like wet clothes that have been left someplace dark to fester. But never one to be put off, I decided to try again and give this a go...

First off, this became known in our house as the body scrub that wouldn't die; no matter how much and how often I used it, it just didn't seem to go down any. I used to go into the bathroom every morning and stare at it accusingly, resenting the fact that it was taking up bathroom space other products could be using. There was even the suggestion that it magically replenished itself during the night, but I think the husband had been watching too much Harry Potter at that point!

Joking aside though, as body scrubs go this is a better-than-average one. The signature scent is still there, but the texture and exfoliating properties are actually pretty good. I tend to use this kind of exfoliator on my arms and legs as I find these are the parts that require it the most, and this did a pretty respectable job of getting rid of my flaky bits.

Application is also easy - take a handful, slap it on, rub it in to exfoliate, then rinse off. The mixture of shea butter, sweet almond oil, peach seed powder, sea salt and sugar left my skin feeling lovely and soft, which meant I didn't need to moisturise my skin after use either.

A note of warning - this does leave a residue along with a little pile of grains behind in the bath/shower, meaning the surface under foot can get VERY slippery after use. I think this is due to the oils in the product, which is a good sign that they're not just being washed straight down the drain, but could result in an 'incident' if you're clumsy like me.

on 9/21/2012 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Best scrub I have ever used! Really exfoliates and softens my super dry skin that is prone to keratosis pillars and ingrown hairs.

this smells great and does the job really well. it's great if your legs and arms are feeling a bit dry. this smoothens, softens and makes them more supple. although a bit expensive i might treat myself to this over the summer.

on 9/14/2010 6:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Great body scrub. Some people have commented on the oily feel left behind, but I actually like it-it adds moisture to my legs before ever getting out of the shower. It has a nice scent, nothing overwhelming and the granules are nice: nothing too harsh, but large enough to do their job. I would repurchase.

This product does a fantastic job and I would definitely buy it again - however I really dislike the smell. The smell reminds me of a cheap nail varnish remover - the Great Shakes hand cream smells the same. However, as I said, it does a really good job and leaves the skin feeling ultra smooth so just have to hold my nose!!

on 6/20/2010 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

wonderful product. Works amazingly and MAINLY smells divine. It actually smells (at least on my skin) exactly like Miss Dior Cherie perfume. LOVE LOVE

on 4/12/2010 5:54:00 AM

what an amazing exfoliator! i haven't had results this good since using lush's buffy (which is a little more expensive), and will definitely be buying it again! it has the gorgeous soap and glory smell which stays long after use and leaves my skin silky! it also gets rid of those tiny red bumps at the top of my arms without making it flare up, which is lovely :) the only problem i have with it is, if i have used it in the bath, i need to shower myself down to get all the exfoliating bits off my skin! because it leaves an oil after use they're quite hard to get off, but it's totally worth the effort for looking, smelling and feeling polished as can be!!