Soap & Glory Flake Away Spa Body Polish

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Soap & Glory Flake Away Spa Body Polish
Soap & Glory Flake AwaySoap & Glory Flake Away Body PolishSoap & Glory Flake Away Body Polish

4.2

Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Maris Sal (Sea Salt), Sucrose, Glyceryl Stearate, Polysorbate 20, PEG-100 Stearate, Parfum (Fragrance), Prunus Persica (Peach) Seed Powder, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Dipropylene Glycol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, BHT, Geraniol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I have mixed feelings about this scrub.

On one hand I love it; it smells lovely and leaves my skin feeling super soft. On another I don't feel like the scrub...scrubs enough. See I like my scrubs to really do a heavy job and tend to go for sugar scrubs to really slouch away my dry skin. Sometimes I'll even make my own scrub at home with some good ole' fashioned granulated & brown sugar (sometimes I'll mix in some olive oil and coffee grinds), but I wanted to get a scrub that I don't have to make myself (and hey, it looks pretty!). I heard so much about Soap & Glory and I liked the fact that this scrub had nourishing oils in it to make the skin soft.

Upon use my first thought was "is this doing anything?". The salt just didn't seem enough to really scrub my skin. Then I rinsed and towel dried and to my surprise, my skin felt soft & smooth and it smelled SO GOOD. I love it when a product's scent lingers like this does. It even makes my entire bathroom smell great. So, it's got that going for it.

Overall though I just think that the salt that is in the scrub doesn't do nearly enough to satisfy me. The oils are really what make the skin feel as smooth as it does, which isn't a bad thing! They're also not super oily and don't leave a residue, it's just enough oil. I just think once I'm done with this I won't repurchase and I'll go back to my favorite scrub from Shea Moisture (love!). But for now I'll enjoy it!

on 5/20/2015 7:48:00 PM

Best scrub ever! This scrub transformed my skin after one use! I had very dry skin from the cold weather and after one use my skin was smooth and soft again. I now use this once or twice a week in spring & summer to keep my skin super silky. I also use the matching body wash and body lotion. In autumn & winter I use the smoothie star & breakfast scrub products. The scent of Flake Away is very sweet & fresh with a lovely fruity floral smell.

on 6/21/2013 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

I'm the kinda girl who on the day wants to spoil herself at the spa will automatically go for the body scrub. Ok, it's not as exciting as a mani/pedi and yeah, it can cost a bit more to get a scrub at the spa, but I love feeling freshly body polished, moisturizing body lotion smoothed on for me and being touchable soft for my man to spoil him a bit, too. :)

Personally, I like salt scrubs, the coarser the better, it makes me feel like it's really getting the job done and no wimpy fine barely there coarseness in a scrub would do the trick for me.

So to get the results at home when I don't have the $$$ or time to go to the spa to get this done, this Flake Away exfoliator is my go to brand for me. It has that coarse salt scrub consistency I love, it melts away with warm water and afterwards the moisturizing components make my skin feel smooth even before you add more lotion afterwards.

Once again, I'm big on reading ingredients and I was happy to see some lovely good for you stuff (peach seed powder, grape seed oil, Shea Butter (big yay from me on that one!), and Sweet almond oil.

I happen to like the scent as well, for me I would describe it as a combo of "clean and girlie" smelling.

In terms of price, it is around $18 at Shoppers Drug Mart, so I can't buy it all the time. Shea butter is more expensive so probably because this product has some good ingredients that's why it costs a bit more. Overall, that's still cheaper than a trip to the spa, when you want to treat yourself!

I've been using it for over a month now and I absolutely love it. It is quite coarse so I can't use it every day but it made my skin super soft and smooth after just one use. I had to take off a lippy however because unlike everyone else I can't use it before shaving. I'm not sure if I'm not washing the scrub off properly or if it's dry skin but my razor clogs up so fast with this yellow residue that I can't seem to wash out, and I can't shave properly so I'm left with stubble patches or red bumps. I've started exfoliating after shaving instead, which surprisingly works well, but it is still frustrating not being able to exfoliate properly before. Besides that, I'm in love with this product!

on 11/3/2012 12:09:00 PM

Love this scrub! Leaves me with soft and smooth skin. I use this with exfoliating gloves as this makes my legs even softer. Will definitely be buying this again!

on 11/2/2011 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I originally bought this for my daughter. I had tried the scrub of your life before and found the skin dryness afterwards outweighed the exfoliating benefits. my daughter, however, loved it for her oily skin. Anyhow, she ran out, and I had read such great reviews on flake away that I thought we'd try it. I AM SOOOO GLAD I DID!!!! I tried it on my face before moisturizing before bed. It is the most intense and effective exfoliater I've ever used.. and after rinsing, my skin was soft and NEW- yeah, that's the best way to describe it! My skin felt as soft and new as a baby's! Problem i can't get past with it is how mucky it leaves the tub, and it is extraordinarily difficult to fully rinse off. I will keep looking for that elusive grail scrub for dry skin.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Brill scrub. Better than the salt scrub from Sanctuary, and from memory it's slightly cheaper. Will definitely buy again.

am i the only one who thinks this stuff smells like old lady perfume? it doesn't smell like miss dior cherie at all in my opinion. i really just think it stinks to be honest. but it really could just be me, most of the people reviewing this product say they like the smell, even my mom likes the smell. i don't know, go smell if for yourself. besides the smell, i absolutely adore this product. it makes my skin sooo soft and glowy too! i will repurchase, even though it smells awful it works wonders.

I must have got a bad batch of this, because after 2 or so months, it became bad! It became runny and there was a nasty film over this (and i closed it tight!) It was a nice exfoliant and wasnt harsh, but im sad that it went bad on me so soon. Did this happen to anybody else? I will look around for another exfoliant for my body, but if i cant find one, ill give this another try

on 5/13/2010 9:51:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this scrub! The tiny grains are amazing at exfoliating but at the same time are not too sharp or irritating. My skin is so smooth and soft afterwards, and when I apply some lotion it feels just amazing. The scent is also very yummy :) I highly recommend this product!
Just one thing: it can be a little tough to rinse off with just water (especially in a shower) because of the oils it contains, so what I do is use a loofa and some shower gel to make sure all the scrub is gone.