Soap & Glory Flake Away Spa Body Polish

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Soap & Glory Flake Away Spa Body Polish
Soap & Glory Flake AwaySoap & Glory Flake Away Body PolishSoap & Glory Flake Away Body Polish

4.3

Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Maris Sal (Sea Salt), Sucrose, Glyceryl Stearate, Polysorbate 20, PEG-100 Stearate, Parfum (Fragrance), Prunus Persica (Peach) Seed Powder, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Dipropylene Glycol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, BHT, Geraniol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really love a lot of Soap & Glory's products, but this one did not work for me. I didn't feel like it was gritty enough to do an effective job of scrubbing. It did smell nice, which is a positive, but there are other scrubs that I like better that do a more effective job for my skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've had this bodyscrub for over a year. You don't need a lot of product when you use it, but the salt and "scrubbiness" in this is very mild and not enough for my skin when I have to exfoliate away selftan. I mostly use it for when I have a few bumps on my skin from sweating or if I am a tiny bit sunburned.
The smell is divine and on the skin it lingers like pancakes.
I love the packagaing, of course! The bright pink jar is cute, and I have never had troubles with putting on the lid with my soapy hands in the shower.
I do prefer Pulp Friction over this, though, as it is a tube, and the scent is more fresh than warm.

on 3/4/2017 7:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Smells delightful, lightly exfloiates. I pretty much just use it for places like my arm pits, not as an all over scrub but it's nice for sensitive skin.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I have mixed feelings about this scrub.

On one hand I love it; it smells lovely and leaves my skin feeling super soft. On another I don't feel like the scrub...scrubs enough. See I like my scrubs to really do a heavy job and tend to go for sugar scrubs to really slouch away my dry skin. Sometimes I'll even make my own scrub at home with some good ole' fashioned granulated & brown sugar (sometimes I'll mix in some olive oil and coffee grinds), but I wanted to get a scrub that I don't have to make myself (and hey, it looks pretty!). I heard so much about Soap & Glory and I liked the fact that this scrub had nourishing oils in it to make the skin soft.

Upon use my first thought was "is this doing anything?". The salt just didn't seem enough to really scrub my skin. Then I rinsed and towel dried and to my surprise, my skin felt soft & smooth and it smelled SO GOOD. I love it when a product's scent lingers like this does. It even makes my entire bathroom smell great. So, it's got that going for it.

Overall though I just think that the salt that is in the scrub doesn't do nearly enough to satisfy me. The oils are really what make the skin feel as smooth as it does, which isn't a bad thing! They're also not super oily and don't leave a residue, it's just enough oil. I just think once I'm done with this I won't repurchase and I'll go back to my favorite scrub from Shea Moisture (love!). But for now I'll enjoy it!

Flake Away is my HG body scrub. I cannot recommend this enough!
I suffer from keratosis pilaris on my upper arms and after I use this, my arms are dramatically softer & smoother. I use this twice a week and can really see my skin has improved since using it. It is abrasive yet doesn't irritate or leave me raw. It is moisturising enough for me so sometimes I can even skip body lotion if I am in a rush. It has the signature S&G scent which I love. The best body scrub I've ever used. I highly recommend!

on 4/15/2014 11:40:00 AM

This scrub is pretty decent, being a relatively abrasive salt scrub that does a great job of smoothing out any dry, flaky bits or scaly limbs. It's a little oily, and does leave a very slight layer on your skin but not in an uncomfortable, greasy way - some oil-based scrubs leave a horrible slippery film behind meaning having to use shower gel afterwards to degrease - not cool! This doesn't do that but you can feel it slightly on the skin after rinsing, but for me it's more of a moisturising glow than an oily film, and it doesn't leave you too greasy that you can't use lotion after. Indeed, if you use The Righteous Butter from the same range afterwards your neighbours will probably smell you through the walls! It's VERY perfumed, with same scent as the other products in the 'Original Pink' range, and Flake Away is, to me anyway, the most strongly scented. I have quite reactive skin but this doesn't cause any undue sensitivity despite the strong fragrance and saltiness - though don't use it on any cuts or scratches as that salt will STING! Price is reasonable (in the UK at least, currently 8) as the larger tub probably lasts a while - I used the travel-size to try it out but may well buy the full-size tub in the future.

on 11/10/2013 7:06:00 AM

BEST FACE SCRUB EVER!!! I've tried this on my body and the results were kinda disappointing...I think it's too gentle for my body skin, even though it's dry...so I said why not try it on my face? BUT first I checked the ingredients and so I concluded it's absolutely acne-prone skin friendly! there are no comedogenic ingredients, so I used it on my face and I fell in LOVE with it! my skin felt so soft (due to the high amount of glycerin in it), supple and clean...and u get 300 gr for a ridicolous price, so it's a pretty great value for a face scrub! definitely gonna keep repurchasing it and use it only for my face...I'm not gonna repurchase expensive face scrubs ever again! the packaging is so cute..also there's written the PAO is of 24 months so u've got enough time to use it up before it expires, that also means it's kinda resistant to bacteries! amazing product, big amount for a small price! <3 THANK YOU SOAP & GLORY!

UPDATE: I keep using it once a week, no break outs! :)))

on 6/21/2013 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

I'm the kinda girl who on the day wants to spoil herself at the spa will automatically go for the body scrub. Ok, it's not as exciting as a mani/pedi and yeah, it can cost a bit more to get a scrub at the spa, but I love feeling freshly body polished, moisturizing body lotion smoothed on for me and being touchable soft for my man to spoil him a bit, too. :)

Personally, I like salt scrubs, the coarser the better, it makes me feel like it's really getting the job done and no wimpy fine barely there coarseness in a scrub would do the trick for me.

So to get the results at home when I don't have the $$$ or time to go to the spa to get this done, this Flake Away exfoliator is my go to brand for me. It has that coarse salt scrub consistency I love, it melts away with warm water and afterwards the moisturizing components make my skin feel smooth even before you add more lotion afterwards.

Once again, I'm big on reading ingredients and I was happy to see some lovely good for you stuff (peach seed powder, grape seed oil, Shea Butter (big yay from me on that one!), and Sweet almond oil.

I happen to like the scent as well, for me I would describe it as a combo of "clean and girlie" smelling.

In terms of price, it is around $18 at Shoppers Drug Mart, so I can't buy it all the time. Shea butter is more expensive so probably because this product has some good ingredients that's why it costs a bit more. Overall, that's still cheaper than a trip to the spa, when you want to treat yourself!

on 9/21/2012 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Best scrub I have ever used! Really exfoliates and softens my super dry skin that is prone to keratosis pillars and ingrown hairs.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Love, love, love this product. I bought it when doing a bit of retail therapy half thinking that it would be a waste of money, but how wrong I was. I absolutely love this scrub. First of all it has the classic Soap and Glory smell - deliciousness in a bottle! Second of all, it actually works! A lot of scrubs I find far too gentle but this one really does exfoliate well leaving your body feeling soft, smooth, revealing brighter looking skin. I use this once a week and I've found that make fake tan adheres much better after using this. Great work Soap and Glory!