Soap & Glory Flake Away Spa Body Polish

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Soap & Glory Flake Away Spa Body Polish
Soap & Glory Flake AwaySoap & Glory Flake AwaySoap & Glory Flake Away Body PolishSoap & Glory Flake Away Body Polish

4.2

Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Maris Sal (Sea Salt), Sucrose, Glyceryl Stearate, Polysorbate 20, PEG-100 Stearate, Parfum (Fragrance), Prunus Persica (Peach) Seed Powder, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Dipropylene Glycol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, BHT, Geraniol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I agree with other reviewers that this body polish is just not gritty enough to do much exfoliation. I use and like Tree Hut brand sugar scrubs weekly on my legs before I shave with great results. This Flake Away body polish gave the lightest scrub and left a heavy oil film on my skin. Has a strong perfume scent that I dislike.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think this is a perfect scrub to try the oil in it is perfectly moisturizing. It smells great and leaves your skin smooth and amazing. A while tub of 300ml goes a long way.
Read my review on body scrubs.

on 9/30/2014 10:33:00 AM

I was debating whether I should give this product 3 or 4 lippies but ultimately decided on 3 because I found it ok and would probably not repurchase. Its quite gritty in a thick oily paste which does not rinse off completely with water. In a way that's nice because you don't need to reapply moisturizer afterwards, but its not the nicest feeling residue (kind of gummy), and it doesn't seem to really help keep you moisturized very well or very long. In terms of exfoliation, it does an ok job - I feel like if it wasn't in such a oily paste that makes the product slide around so easily, it would probably exfoliate better. Its definitely scented, and not in the most subtle ways so smell before you buy in case you do not like the smell. It comes in a pot that you have to unscrew, and use your fingers to dig out the product. I would have preferred a tube. When I'm handling the pot in the shower, water gets inside, and the product gets under my fingernails, and it all just gets a bit clumsy. I'll keep looking for something better.

This is a so-so salt body scrub. I like salt scrubs because they help detoxify and tone your skin. In fact, I used to make a lot of my own salt scrubs when I was broke and I really enjoyed them. Now that I have some money and next to no down time, I thought I'd indulge with this fairly inexpensive scrub from sephora. The thing I like most about this scrub is the scent. I can barely describe it, maybe a musky, sweet floral? You'll have to smell it yourself.

Anyway, I do love the smell, but the actual scrub is a bit lacking since it gets rather melty in the shower. Obviously salt dissolves in water, which is why they suspended the salt in oil, but I find that it starts to melt too soon. I'll get in the shower, get wet, then grab the scrub to slather myself in and it's already a bit sloppy. Once you get the mixture on your skin, though, you don't have to scrub too vigorously since it is decently coarse. After a few minutes the salt will melt and you're left with the oil, which doesn't quite rinse off. If you like being a bit oily, then you'll like this scrub, but I find it to be a little too oily for my liking. I'd prefer something that rinsed just a tad cleaner. Also, keep in mind that salt in any cut or wound is going to sting like a bitch. Be careful with your nipples!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am always on the look for the right body scrub and since I heard of so many good things about this Soap and Glory scrub I bought it and to be honest it's not that great.
I didn't really see much of a difference when it comes to my skin.
I think it's cheaper to just make your own scrub using brown sugar, olive oil and honey.

I won't buy this again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've yet to find an S&G product which I can say I really like. I think one of the major issues for me is their signature scent which seems to span most of their range, but which I find quite off-putting. To me it smells musty, like wet clothes that have been left someplace dark to fester. But never one to be put off, I decided to try again and give this a go...

First off, this became known in our house as the body scrub that wouldn't die; no matter how much and how often I used it, it just didn't seem to go down any. I used to go into the bathroom every morning and stare at it accusingly, resenting the fact that it was taking up bathroom space other products could be using. There was even the suggestion that it magically replenished itself during the night, but I think the husband had been watching too much Harry Potter at that point!

Joking aside though, as body scrubs go this is a better-than-average one. The signature scent is still there, but the texture and exfoliating properties are actually pretty good. I tend to use this kind of exfoliator on my arms and legs as I find these are the parts that require it the most, and this did a pretty respectable job of getting rid of my flaky bits.

Application is also easy - take a handful, slap it on, rub it in to exfoliate, then rinse off. The mixture of shea butter, sweet almond oil, peach seed powder, sea salt and sugar left my skin feeling lovely and soft, which meant I didn't need to moisturise my skin after use either.

A note of warning - this does leave a residue along with a little pile of grains behind in the bath/shower, meaning the surface under foot can get VERY slippery after use. I think this is due to the oils in the product, which is a good sign that they're not just being washed straight down the drain, but could result in an 'incident' if you're clumsy like me.

I've been using it for over a month now and I absolutely love it. It is quite coarse so I can't use it every day but it made my skin super soft and smooth after just one use. I had to take off a lippy however because unlike everyone else I can't use it before shaving. I'm not sure if I'm not washing the scrub off properly or if it's dry skin but my razor clogs up so fast with this yellow residue that I can't seem to wash out, and I can't shave properly so I'm left with stubble patches or red bumps. I've started exfoliating after shaving instead, which surprisingly works well, but it is still frustrating not being able to exfoliate properly before. Besides that, I'm in love with this product!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this! I use it once a week to make my skin smooth and it really works. I like how it's quite oily too so it doesn't leave your skin dry afterwards. It smells delicious as the classic Soap and Glory scent. It's good value for money and the packaging is nice as usual. I have no complaints about this!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This products is amazing, it leaves your skin perfectly moisturized and soft, and the scent is so super girly and lovely! I really recommend this if you want to treat yourself!! The package is also wonderful, and fits perfectly into every girls bathroom :-)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I just want to say WOW! When it comes to body scrubs I am not very fussy, after all it just has to have some nicely sized exfoliating beads to create some friction and exfoliate your skin, right? But after I used Flake Away I could definitely tell the difference between a so so body scrub and a good one. This stuff is amazing. It got rid of all the dead skin, made my skin baby smooth, moisturized just right, and the lovely scent lasted all day long. I do not feel the need to wear perfume when I use this. Will definitely, absolutely, surely re purchase!