Soap & Glory Flake Away Spa Body Polish

Filtered by hair type : Other
Soap & Glory Flake Away Spa Body Polish
Soap & Glory Flake AwaySoap & Glory Flake Away Body PolishSoap & Glory Flake Away Body Polish

4.4

Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Maris Sal (Sea Salt), Sucrose, Glyceryl Stearate, Polysorbate 20, PEG-100 Stearate, Parfum (Fragrance), Prunus Persica (Peach) Seed Powder, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Dipropylene Glycol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, BHT, Geraniol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone.

on 4/1/2016 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My skin feels amazing after using this scrub. Like all soap and glory products it's really good value for money. Have also tried the scrub of your life, but this product is much better. Have gone through so many tubs and will continue to repurchase.

on 9/29/2015 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this due to raving reviews from many websites and am i impressed?
Yes !!! The texture seems a little too mild for my skin at first as i am used to coarser scrubs so there i was thinking what a waste of money this is and i was so wrong...When i rinsed off everything and pat dry my skin with a towel, i was greeted with the smoothest and softest skin...Plus it has none of that disgusting oily residue that some scrubs have...I still miss my loreal exfotonic scrub after it dc but this is something that i already love after 1 use...Might have to work a little longer on kneecaps and the bottom of the butt though...But i would definitely recommend this.

on 2/3/2014 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Once again, I got suckered in to buying S&G because of the cute packaging! I think most S&G products have a weird scent that I find hard to describe - kind of chemical but it's light so it's not really unpleasant but definitely not pleasant either. I was very excited to give this product a try because I heard great things. I used it on my legs to exfoliate my dry winter skin. It felt a little harsh as I rubbed it on my legs but I didn't think much of it but as I began washing it off - my legs started burning horribly. I got off as much as product as I could, patted dry, and saw that I had painful red bumps all over. Obviously I had a bad allergic reaction that isn't necessarily characteristic of this product - but sensitive skinned people beware! Test this product on a small area prior to regular use (good general rule to follow anyway) just to be sure you won't had a bad reaction.

on 1/4/2013 9:43:00 PM

oh! Soap & Glory Flake Away, you smell sooo good!
This is a fine scrub, that's a little liquidy. When you open the package you immediately can smell its sweetness. I'm a big fan of Lush's Ocean Salt, but hated always having to mix it and...the cost of it. Flake Away is more reasonable and correct me if I'm wrong, a bigger container. Smells great and leave no residue. My skin feels super soft!

on 9/21/2012 12:16:00 AM

This is the best body scrub I've tried so far, and I've tried a LOT of scrubs. The scent is an exact dupe of Miss Dior Cherie. It has fine scrubby particles along with what seems like sand, that gently but effectively exfoliates. I love the texture of it. It is slightly moisturizing but not greasy, and the scent is pretty long lasting. Kind of expensive at $18 a jar, but I can see a jar lasting (for me) at least 3-4 months if not longer. Would definately reccomend to anyone who likes Miss Dior Cherie and is looking for a luxurious body scrub.

on 7/24/2012 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Great standard body scrub - big grains a proper scrub.

I bpught mine on 3 for 2 at Boots and just getting to the bottom ofmy first. Last ages even my husband pinches it but at this amount and price I dont mind. I think body scrubs / exfoliators you really dont need to spend alot, as longas they are not scratching your skin, I think only a fool (sorry) would pay even like 15+ for a single tube/tub. There are certain things that are not worth buying high end and this fits the bill without paying lots of money.

There are plenty of granules and they are quite big also as they are salt which is good because you can always make this into a milder one by either adding water to it or adding it to a shower gel if you want.
I just use it on dry skin, add a little water and use longer movements. Do not literally scrub - its not a verb its a noun because if you do your skin will be sore afterwards.

I then jump innthe shower rinse of and because i follow with a shower gel i dont get the oily feeling although i dont think its oily but more of a moisturised sheen.

The only thing i dont like is the scent its a little cloyingly sweet &sickly which is why I dont use any of the body lotions/cream, but follow with my own one.

Use this once a fortnight or once a week during summer especially before epilating

on 9/14/2010 6:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Great body scrub. Some people have commented on the oily feel left behind, but I actually like it-it adds moisture to my legs before ever getting out of the shower. It has a nice scent, nothing overwhelming and the granules are nice: nothing too harsh, but large enough to do their job. I would repurchase.

This product does a fantastic job and I would definitely buy it again - however I really dislike the smell. The smell reminds me of a cheap nail varnish remover - the Great Shakes hand cream smells the same. However, as I said, it does a really good job and leaves the skin feeling ultra smooth so just have to hold my nose!!

The first thing I noticed about this scrub was its unique texture. It is more of a scrub in gel form and very solid unlike oil/salt mixtures.
The scent is light and peachy/floral. I'm sensitive to fragrances but didn't have any problem with this one.
Generally I don't mind when a scrub leaves behind an oily residue but this one left me a bit too greasy. It also always leaves a gross ring of foam/salt around my bathtub. Although the price tag is good and I would buy again, I'm still in the market for something better.

on 4/17/2010 7:22:00 PM

I bought this scrub for the smell. I went through a Soap & Glory phase last summer and I had to have everything to layer the scent. This was part of the layering.

What I liked:
-the smell
-it left my skin feeling silky and smooth, with a nice sheen

What I didn't like:
-makes a mess in the shower (leaves a slippery oily film which must be cleaned up right away, which adds a lot of time to the shower)
-sometimes difficult to rinse all the grains off the skin in the shower. I'd often be towelling off and find bits that somehow escaped all the rinsing
-label got wet in the shower and fell off
- comes in a plastic tup with a screw top lid, which I found was a pain when my hands were slippery with product and also being a tub, water would inevitably get into it and I'd have to be careful to drain it back out so the scrub wouldn't get watered down.

But overall the reason I wouldn't buy it again is that I can easily and inexpensively make oil-based scrubs at home using sea salt, sugar or brown sugar mixed with any of the oils I have hanging around (olive, cocoa butter, grapeseed, almond, etc) . Sure, they won't have that great S&G smell, but I still have some of their body butter and the spray-on lotion for when I'm feeling a little Soap & Glory.