Soap & Glory Flake Away Spa Body Polish

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Soap & Glory Flake Away Spa Body Polish
Soap & Glory Flake AwaySoap & Glory Flake AwaySoap & Glory Flake Away Body PolishSoap & Glory Flake Away Body Polish

4.3

Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Maris Sal (Sea Salt), Sucrose, Glyceryl Stearate, Polysorbate 20, PEG-100 Stearate, Parfum (Fragrance), Prunus Persica (Peach) Seed Powder, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Dipropylene Glycol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, BHT, Geraniol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone.

on 4/15/2014 11:40:00 AM

This scrub is pretty decent, being a relatively abrasive salt scrub that does a great job of smoothing out any dry, flaky bits or scaly limbs. It's a little oily, and does leave a very slight layer on your skin but not in an uncomfortable, greasy way - some oil-based scrubs leave a horrible slippery film behind meaning having to use shower gel afterwards to degrease - not cool! This doesn't do that but you can feel it slightly on the skin after rinsing, but for me it's more of a moisturising glow than an oily film, and it doesn't leave you too greasy that you can't use lotion after. Indeed, if you use The Righteous Butter from the same range afterwards your neighbours will probably smell you through the walls! It's VERY perfumed, with same scent as the other products in the 'Original Pink' range, and Flake Away is, to me anyway, the most strongly scented. I have quite reactive skin but this doesn't cause any undue sensitivity despite the strong fragrance and saltiness - though don't use it on any cuts or scratches as that salt will STING! Price is reasonable (in the UK at least, currently 8) as the larger tub probably lasts a while - I used the travel-size to try it out but may well buy the full-size tub in the future.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've yet to find an S&G product which I can say I really like. I think one of the major issues for me is their signature scent which seems to span most of their range, but which I find quite off-putting. To me it smells musty, like wet clothes that have been left someplace dark to fester. But never one to be put off, I decided to try again and give this a go...

First off, this became known in our house as the body scrub that wouldn't die; no matter how much and how often I used it, it just didn't seem to go down any. I used to go into the bathroom every morning and stare at it accusingly, resenting the fact that it was taking up bathroom space other products could be using. There was even the suggestion that it magically replenished itself during the night, but I think the husband had been watching too much Harry Potter at that point!

Joking aside though, as body scrubs go this is a better-than-average one. The signature scent is still there, but the texture and exfoliating properties are actually pretty good. I tend to use this kind of exfoliator on my arms and legs as I find these are the parts that require it the most, and this did a pretty respectable job of getting rid of my flaky bits.

Application is also easy - take a handful, slap it on, rub it in to exfoliate, then rinse off. The mixture of shea butter, sweet almond oil, peach seed powder, sea salt and sugar left my skin feeling lovely and soft, which meant I didn't need to moisturise my skin after use either.

A note of warning - this does leave a residue along with a little pile of grains behind in the bath/shower, meaning the surface under foot can get VERY slippery after use. I think this is due to the oils in the product, which is a good sign that they're not just being washed straight down the drain, but could result in an 'incident' if you're clumsy like me.

I've been using it for over a month now and I absolutely love it. It is quite coarse so I can't use it every day but it made my skin super soft and smooth after just one use. I had to take off a lippy however because unlike everyone else I can't use it before shaving. I'm not sure if I'm not washing the scrub off properly or if it's dry skin but my razor clogs up so fast with this yellow residue that I can't seem to wash out, and I can't shave properly so I'm left with stubble patches or red bumps. I've started exfoliating after shaving instead, which surprisingly works well, but it is still frustrating not being able to exfoliate properly before. Besides that, I'm in love with this product!

on 2/22/2013 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

The best exfoliator I have used. Smells amazing has large granules so works great on legs and I also use it in the bikini line area. Leaves my skin really smooth after I wash it off as it has oils in it which my skin soaks up. I love it

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I just want to say WOW! When it comes to body scrubs I am not very fussy, after all it just has to have some nicely sized exfoliating beads to create some friction and exfoliate your skin, right? But after I used Flake Away I could definitely tell the difference between a so so body scrub and a good one. This stuff is amazing. It got rid of all the dead skin, made my skin baby smooth, moisturized just right, and the lovely scent lasted all day long. I do not feel the need to wear perfume when I use this. Will definitely, absolutely, surely re purchase!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've already raved enough about soap and glory

This brand and this product has honestly saved my dry rough skin and transformed it into beautifuly soft and touchable. I could not reccomend it enough. If you suffer from very dry, rough and sometimes sensetive/reactive skin..Please consider giving this a go!

added points for the cute packaging.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE this scrub! Best i've found. I use about once a week and it keeps my skin extra soft and smooth. The smell is great! Some other reviews said it left skin oily, but i did not notice this at all. I would try if you're looking for a good clean scrub.

on 9/14/2010 6:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Great body scrub. Some people have commented on the oily feel left behind, but I actually like it-it adds moisture to my legs before ever getting out of the shower. It has a nice scent, nothing overwhelming and the granules are nice: nothing too harsh, but large enough to do their job. I would repurchase.

The first thing I noticed about this scrub was its unique texture. It is more of a scrub in gel form and very solid unlike oil/salt mixtures.
The scent is light and peachy/floral. I'm sensitive to fragrances but didn't have any problem with this one.
Generally I don't mind when a scrub leaves behind an oily residue but this one left me a bit too greasy. It also always leaves a gross ring of foam/salt around my bathtub. Although the price tag is good and I would buy again, I'm still in the market for something better.

I have incredibly sensitive skin. I generally use Simple products for my skin as they aren't fragranced or anything and don't sting me.
But I got this stuff for christmas and decided to give it a go and it is so amazing! It smells fantastic and I have struggled with horrible, dry upper arms for years and never quite been able to control them but this stuff used once a week with Soap and Glory's Righteous Body Butter is just brilliant! My skin is so soft and smooth all the time. When my tub runs out I will definitely repurchase.