Soap & Glory Flake Away Spa Body Polish

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Soap & Glory Flake Away Spa Body Polish
Soap & Glory Flake AwaySoap & Glory Flake AwaySoap & Glory Flake Away Body PolishSoap & Glory Flake Away Body Polish

4.1

Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Maris Sal (Sea Salt), Sucrose, Glyceryl Stearate, Polysorbate 20, PEG-100 Stearate, Parfum (Fragrance), Prunus Persica (Peach) Seed Powder, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Dipropylene Glycol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, BHT, Geraniol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I agree with other reviewers that this body polish is just not gritty enough to do much exfoliation. I use and like Tree Hut brand sugar scrubs weekly on my legs before I shave with great results. This Flake Away body polish gave the lightest scrub and left a heavy oil film on my skin. Has a strong perfume scent that I dislike.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I had never tried any Soap & Glory products before, but recently I was at Target, browsing the cosmetics aisles and bought this on sale because of the fragrance.
As soon as I opened the jar to smell it I was happily surprised to find that the scent is a total, perfect dupe for the (quite expensive) perfum I used to wear as my "signature scent" Miss Dior Cherie! So, if you love that wonderful perfum its really worth your money to get some of this scrub!
The scrub itself is a pretty mild scrub. The base is a highly fragrenced slippery, hydrating creme cleanser, with some gentle exfoliant grains. I just bought it and Ive only used it a few times so far but my skin seems to like it. Its not a very powerful scrub, but I love the scent so much! I love that my whole bathroom smells wonderful when I use it. I think the kitchy Benefit-esque packaging is really cute too.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really love a lot of Soap & Glory's products, but this one did not work for me. I didn't feel like it was gritty enough to do an effective job of scrubbing. It did smell nice, which is a positive, but there are other scrubs that I like better that do a more effective job for my skin.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I have mixed feelings about this scrub.

On one hand I love it; it smells lovely and leaves my skin feeling super soft. On another I don't feel like the scrub...scrubs enough. See I like my scrubs to really do a heavy job and tend to go for sugar scrubs to really slouch away my dry skin. Sometimes I'll even make my own scrub at home with some good ole' fashioned granulated & brown sugar (sometimes I'll mix in some olive oil and coffee grinds), but I wanted to get a scrub that I don't have to make myself (and hey, it looks pretty!). I heard so much about Soap & Glory and I liked the fact that this scrub had nourishing oils in it to make the skin soft.

Upon use my first thought was "is this doing anything?". The salt just didn't seem enough to really scrub my skin. Then I rinsed and towel dried and to my surprise, my skin felt soft & smooth and it smelled SO GOOD. I love it when a product's scent lingers like this does. It even makes my entire bathroom smell great. So, it's got that going for it.

Overall though I just think that the salt that is in the scrub doesn't do nearly enough to satisfy me. The oils are really what make the skin feel as smooth as it does, which isn't a bad thing! They're also not super oily and don't leave a residue, it's just enough oil. I just think once I'm done with this I won't repurchase and I'll go back to my favorite scrub from Shea Moisture (love!). But for now I'll enjoy it!

on 1/4/2016 5:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Just gorgeous stuff. I have tried loads of scrubs to be honest, cheap and pricier. The most expensive scrub I have tried was a body shop one at around £15. I find this product at £10 to be fairly pricey but it's definitely worth it! firstly i find most scrubs that I have tried are jut not scrubby enough. When I like to scrub I want something that is going to really get all the dead skin off. This is one of the few that is abrasive enough in that it get off all the dead skin without irritating my skin. It is so much more effective than just say a body polish that just won't do the trick. So although it's £10 I will treat myself to it due to a lot of the others I have tried just not cutting it! Also smells lush.

What can I say that hasn't already been said? This scrub is truly a life saver and confidence builder, especially as I had horrendously dry skin on my face. A little bit goes a long way with this product and it removes every tiny bit of dry skin on your body - you can use it on your face as long as you gently apply it; if you apply it too hard your skin will become really, really tight and by more prone to dryness.

on 5/20/2015 7:48:00 PM

Best scrub ever! This scrub transformed my skin after one use! I had very dry skin from the cold weather and after one use my skin was smooth and soft again. I now use this once or twice a week in spring & summer to keep my skin super silky. I also use the matching body wash and body lotion. In autumn & winter I use the smoothie star & breakfast scrub products. The scent of Flake Away is very sweet & fresh with a lovely fruity floral smell.

Hello,, this is my FAVE scrub ^^
+ Did not make skin drying and cracking,, because i have sensitive skin and very dry body skin, so i really appreciate this scrub that heals my cracked hand
+ i think it is good for healing scars, because it works on me
+ the scent is sooo girly,,,not a natural, a little bit to strong at the first time but now i like it :)
+ feel smooth, clean, and fresh after use it.
- the sugar scrubs somehow seem too big, so i am worried that will iritate the skin. So i use it after i wash my body so it can melt with water.
- the price is a little expensive.. but worthy ^^
+the packaging, i love tge colour, so girly !
+ i think it is save to use it everyday with a slow and soft message in dry area, and i have tried it on my face too, there is no irritation in my sensitive skin ^^
For those who want to get rid of dull skin, give it a try!

on 9/30/2014 10:33:00 AM

I was debating whether I should give this product 3 or 4 lippies but ultimately decided on 3 because I found it ok and would probably not repurchase. Its quite gritty in a thick oily paste which does not rinse off completely with water. In a way that's nice because you don't need to reapply moisturizer afterwards, but its not the nicest feeling residue (kind of gummy), and it doesn't seem to really help keep you moisturized very well or very long. In terms of exfoliation, it does an ok job - I feel like if it wasn't in such a oily paste that makes the product slide around so easily, it would probably exfoliate better. Its definitely scented, and not in the most subtle ways so smell before you buy in case you do not like the smell. It comes in a pot that you have to unscrew, and use your fingers to dig out the product. I would have preferred a tube. When I'm handling the pot in the shower, water gets inside, and the product gets under my fingernails, and it all just gets a bit clumsy. I'll keep looking for something better.

on 6/29/2014 2:48:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I found this scrub to harsh for my skin. Because the grit was so harsh I never scrubbed for very long and my skin did not feel much different afterwards. The smell is ok, not really my favorite. I just make sure not to wear perfume the day I use this as it will be overwhelming. Won't purchase this again.