Soap & Glory Flake Away Spa Body Polish

Filtered by skin type : Other
Soap & Glory Flake Away Spa Body Polish
Soap & Glory Flake AwaySoap & Glory Flake AwaySoap & Glory Flake Away Body PolishSoap & Glory Flake Away Body Polish

4.2

Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Maris Sal (Sea Salt), Sucrose, Glyceryl Stearate, Polysorbate 20, PEG-100 Stearate, Parfum (Fragrance), Prunus Persica (Peach) Seed Powder, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Dipropylene Glycol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, BHT, Geraniol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone.

on 6/21/2013 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

I'm the kinda girl who on the day wants to spoil herself at the spa will automatically go for the body scrub. Ok, it's not as exciting as a mani/pedi and yeah, it can cost a bit more to get a scrub at the spa, but I love feeling freshly body polished, moisturizing body lotion smoothed on for me and being touchable soft for my man to spoil him a bit, too. :)

Personally, I like salt scrubs, the coarser the better, it makes me feel like it's really getting the job done and no wimpy fine barely there coarseness in a scrub would do the trick for me.

So to get the results at home when I don't have the $$$ or time to go to the spa to get this done, this Flake Away exfoliator is my go to brand for me. It has that coarse salt scrub consistency I love, it melts away with warm water and afterwards the moisturizing components make my skin feel smooth even before you add more lotion afterwards.

Once again, I'm big on reading ingredients and I was happy to see some lovely good for you stuff (peach seed powder, grape seed oil, Shea Butter (big yay from me on that one!), and Sweet almond oil.

I happen to like the scent as well, for me I would describe it as a combo of "clean and girlie" smelling.

In terms of price, it is around $18 at Shoppers Drug Mart, so I can't buy it all the time. Shea butter is more expensive so probably because this product has some good ingredients that's why it costs a bit more. Overall, that's still cheaper than a trip to the spa, when you want to treat yourself!

on 9/21/2012 12:40:00 AM

It's not that I don't like this product, it's only ok for me. The price is wonderful and so it the scent. I feel like it melts into my skin right away, therefore not thoroughly scrubbing my skin. I wish it was more of a scrub like the product claims and would therefore exfoliate better. I probably won't buy this again.

on 9/21/2012 12:16:00 AM

This is the best body scrub I've tried so far, and I've tried a LOT of scrubs. The scent is an exact dupe of Miss Dior Cherie. It has fine scrubby particles along with what seems like sand, that gently but effectively exfoliates. I love the texture of it. It is slightly moisturizing but not greasy, and the scent is pretty long lasting. Kind of expensive at $18 a jar, but I can see a jar lasting (for me) at least 3-4 months if not longer. Would definately reccomend to anyone who likes Miss Dior Cherie and is looking for a luxurious body scrub.

This is the best body scrub I have every come across. I have KP and psoriasis and this is heaven-sent. Really heavy duty exfoliation. This stuff is rough but in a good way - gives your skin a really good scrub. This is oil-based but the oils sinks into your skin right away, unlike other oil-based scrubs that just stay on your skin. Love love love love love. Seriously, I cannot put into words how great this stuff is.

Like all S&G products this has a sickly/synthetic scent, which fortunately does not linger. I don't normally use body scrubs, as I have had a reaction to them in the past, but this came as part of a set. The texture is good, not too coarse or grainy. I think the scratchy plastic gloves sold for the purpose, and shower gel do a better job than any body scrub, but I used this on my feet and was pleasantly surprised by the results it made them feel smooth and fresh.

on 10/20/2009 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

OMG is all I can say. This really is the best or the second best body scrub that I have ever used. It so ranks high.