Soap & Glory Flake Away Spa Body Polish

Soap & Glory Flake Away Spa Body Polish
Soap & Glory Flake AwaySoap & Glory Flake Away Body PolishSoap & Glory Flake Away Body Polish

4.2

Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Maris Sal (Sea Salt), Sucrose, Glyceryl Stearate, Polysorbate 20, PEG-100 Stearate, Parfum (Fragrance), Prunus Persica (Peach) Seed Powder, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Dipropylene Glycol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, BHT, Geraniol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I agree with other reviewers that this body polish is just not gritty enough to do much exfoliation. I use and like Tree Hut brand sugar scrubs weekly on my legs before I shave with great results. This Flake Away body polish gave the lightest scrub and left a heavy oil film on my skin. Has a strong perfume scent that I dislike.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I had never tried any Soap & Glory products before, but recently I was at Target, browsing the cosmetics aisles and bought this on sale because of the fragrance.
As soon as I opened the jar to smell it I was happily surprised to find that the scent is a total, perfect dupe for the (quite expensive) perfum I used to wear as my "signature scent" Miss Dior Cherie! So, if you love that wonderful perfum its really worth your money to get some of this scrub!
The scrub itself is a pretty mild scrub. The base is a highly fragrenced slippery, hydrating creme cleanser, with some gentle exfoliant grains. I just bought it and Ive only used it a few times so far but my skin seems to like it. Its not a very powerful scrub, but I love the scent so much! I love that my whole bathroom smells wonderful when I use it. I think the kitchy Benefit-esque packaging is really cute too.

on 12/9/2018 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is good for a more gentler scrub and not harsh on the skin, but if you prefer a strong scrub maybe you can use it with a small cloth. I’ve only used the scrub on its own and the formula makes my skin feel really smooth & smelling nice after a shower. But I gave this 5 stars because of the scent! The scent lingers and smells clean and sweet. Glad I gave this product a chance! I’ve used The Body Shop shower gels/body scrubs (satsuma, moringa, green tea, argan oil or Shea butter) but the scent doesn’t stay on my skin as well as this.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really love a lot of Soap & Glory's products, but this one did not work for me. I didn't feel like it was gritty enough to do an effective job of scrubbing. It did smell nice, which is a positive, but there are other scrubs that I like better that do a more effective job for my skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've had this bodyscrub for over a year. You don't need a lot of product when you use it, but the salt and "scrubbiness" in this is very mild and not enough for my skin when I have to exfoliate away selftan. I mostly use it for when I have a few bumps on my skin from sweating or if I am a tiny bit sunburned.
The smell is divine and on the skin it lingers like pancakes.
I love the packagaing, of course! The bright pink jar is cute, and I have never had troubles with putting on the lid with my soapy hands in the shower.
I do prefer Pulp Friction over this, though, as it is a tube, and the scent is more fresh than warm.

on 3/4/2017 7:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Smells delightful, lightly exfloiates. I pretty much just use it for places like my arm pits, not as an all over scrub but it's nice for sensitive skin.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I have mixed feelings about this scrub.

On one hand I love it; it smells lovely and leaves my skin feeling super soft. On another I don't feel like the scrub...scrubs enough. See I like my scrubs to really do a heavy job and tend to go for sugar scrubs to really slouch away my dry skin. Sometimes I'll even make my own scrub at home with some good ole' fashioned granulated & brown sugar (sometimes I'll mix in some olive oil and coffee grinds), but I wanted to get a scrub that I don't have to make myself (and hey, it looks pretty!). I heard so much about Soap & Glory and I liked the fact that this scrub had nourishing oils in it to make the skin soft.

Upon use my first thought was "is this doing anything?". The salt just didn't seem enough to really scrub my skin. Then I rinsed and towel dried and to my surprise, my skin felt soft & smooth and it smelled SO GOOD. I love it when a product's scent lingers like this does. It even makes my entire bathroom smell great. So, it's got that going for it.

Overall though I just think that the salt that is in the scrub doesn't do nearly enough to satisfy me. The oils are really what make the skin feel as smooth as it does, which isn't a bad thing! They're also not super oily and don't leave a residue, it's just enough oil. I just think once I'm done with this I won't repurchase and I'll go back to my favorite scrub from Shea Moisture (love!). But for now I'll enjoy it!

on 4/1/2016 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My skin feels amazing after using this scrub. Like all soap and glory products it's really good value for money. Have also tried the scrub of your life, but this product is much better. Have gone through so many tubs and will continue to repurchase.

on 1/4/2016 5:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Just gorgeous stuff. I have tried loads of scrubs to be honest, cheap and pricier. The most expensive scrub I have tried was a body shop one at around £15. I find this product at £10 to be fairly pricey but it's definitely worth it! firstly i find most scrubs that I have tried are jut not scrubby enough. When I like to scrub I want something that is going to really get all the dead skin off. This is one of the few that is abrasive enough in that it get off all the dead skin without irritating my skin. It is so much more effective than just say a body polish that just won't do the trick. So although it's £10 I will treat myself to it due to a lot of the others I have tried just not cutting it! Also smells lush.

on 9/29/2015 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this due to raving reviews from many websites and am i impressed?
Yes !!! The texture seems a little too mild for my skin at first as i am used to coarser scrubs so there i was thinking what a waste of money this is and i was so wrong...When i rinsed off everything and pat dry my skin with a towel, i was greeted with the smoothest and softest skin...Plus it has none of that disgusting oily residue that some scrubs have...I still miss my loreal exfotonic scrub after it dc but this is something that i already love after 1 use...Might have to work a little longer on kneecaps and the bottom of the butt though...But i would definitely recommend this.