Soap & Glory Flake Away Spa Body Polish

Filtered by age: 36-43
Soap & Glory Flake Away Spa Body Polish
Soap & Glory Flake AwaySoap & Glory Flake Away Body PolishSoap & Glory Flake Away Body Polish

3.6

Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Maris Sal (Sea Salt), Sucrose, Glyceryl Stearate, Polysorbate 20, PEG-100 Stearate, Parfum (Fragrance), Prunus Persica (Peach) Seed Powder, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Dipropylene Glycol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, BHT, Geraniol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone.

on 6/29/2014 2:48:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I found this scrub to harsh for my skin. Because the grit was so harsh I never scrubbed for very long and my skin did not feel much different afterwards. The smell is ok, not really my favorite. I just make sure not to wear perfume the day I use this as it will be overwhelming. Won't purchase this again.

on 1/26/2012 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Great scrub and great smell. I use it in the shower and on my hands and feet before mani/pedi. The entire line is nice, but this is my favorite!

on 11/2/2011 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I originally bought this for my daughter. I had tried the scrub of your life before and found the skin dryness afterwards outweighed the exfoliating benefits. my daughter, however, loved it for her oily skin. Anyhow, she ran out, and I had read such great reviews on flake away that I thought we'd try it. I AM SOOOO GLAD I DID!!!! I tried it on my face before moisturizing before bed. It is the most intense and effective exfoliater I've ever used.. and after rinsing, my skin was soft and NEW- yeah, that's the best way to describe it! My skin felt as soft and new as a baby's! Problem i can't get past with it is how mucky it leaves the tub, and it is extraordinarily difficult to fully rinse off. I will keep looking for that elusive grail scrub for dry skin.

Like all S&G products this has a sickly/synthetic scent, which fortunately does not linger. I don't normally use body scrubs, as I have had a reaction to them in the past, but this came as part of a set. The texture is good, not too coarse or grainy. I think the scratchy plastic gloves sold for the purpose, and shower gel do a better job than any body scrub, but I used this on my feet and was pleasantly surprised by the results it made them feel smooth and fresh.

on 4/17/2010 7:22:00 PM

I bought this scrub for the smell. I went through a Soap & Glory phase last summer and I had to have everything to layer the scent. This was part of the layering.

What I liked:
-the smell
-it left my skin feeling silky and smooth, with a nice sheen

What I didn't like:
-makes a mess in the shower (leaves a slippery oily film which must be cleaned up right away, which adds a lot of time to the shower)
-sometimes difficult to rinse all the grains off the skin in the shower. I'd often be towelling off and find bits that somehow escaped all the rinsing
-label got wet in the shower and fell off
- comes in a plastic tup with a screw top lid, which I found was a pain when my hands were slippery with product and also being a tub, water would inevitably get into it and I'd have to be careful to drain it back out so the scrub wouldn't get watered down.

But overall the reason I wouldn't buy it again is that I can easily and inexpensively make oil-based scrubs at home using sea salt, sugar or brown sugar mixed with any of the oils I have hanging around (olive, cocoa butter, grapeseed, almond, etc) . Sure, they won't have that great S&G smell, but I still have some of their body butter and the spray-on lotion for when I'm feeling a little Soap & Glory.