TheBalm Cabana Boy

TheBalm Cabana Boy

4.6

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

OK, so i got this as a gift for my birthday. I'm not really big on blushes, so i was a little intimidated by the color. I thought it would never suit my skin. In the winter, i am really pale (mac nc 15 ish), and in the summer i get really tan. I must say, this looks goregeous eighter way. On my pale winter skin, it looks like i have been out in the snow and it looks really fresh and natural, and on my tan summer skin it looks sunkissed and beautiful. I have not experienced the product patching up. It is perfectly pigmented. The only reason i would not buy this again is because, as mentioned, I am not huge on blushes and i would rather spend my money on a lipstick.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Can be extremely light at times but then all of the sudden you get too much on and have to remove a bit. The pigment color is excellent and this has some of my favorite packaging as well. I'd say this is better if you have slightly sunkissed and darker skin. Wouldn't work well if you are super pale

To Read all 38 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/18/2015 6:43:00 AM

Everyone here talks about what a beautiful berry / plum shade this is, but once this hit my skin it warmed up sooooo much. There wasn't a hint of berry or plum, it just looked like a warm pinky peach :( Now many of you maybe thinking, "she must have tried on the wrong blush" or "she doesn't know what she is talking about". I have something in my nw20 winter complexion skin (brown eyes, almost black hair), that "warms" up colors. If there is an ounce of orange or brown in a shade...or warm pink, I will pull that out. Lipsticks like MAC Modesty that look pink or beige pink on most pics I see, just looks like beige brown nothingness on me. UD Naked lipstick looks pink on a ton of pics, on me...orange pink.

The reason for the lower rating isn't just my skins reaction. But I am not a fan of the shimmer and I have not had a shade turn on me this extremely before. It looks like fall perfection in the pan, but on my skin it looks like a summer blush. It can not replace NARS Sin on me. If I was in the market for summery shimmery blush...maybe. But I am not a shimmer fan. I can see this shade being gorgeous on many, but it just didn't jive with my skin.

on 12/17/2015 8:25:00 AM

This is a great Fall blush I had received this last Christmas and just finally started using it now. I don't know why I haven't used this sooner it's so pretty! It's a lovely plum that works really well on my cool toned complexion. A little about me NW20, NARS Monte Blanc, green eyes, very light blonde hair. This is the perfect plum for my skintone. It lasts for hours and is so pigmented. It also makes my eyes really stand out. It's also a great blush for when I just want simple mascara and some gloss. This shade just pulls everything together. This product lasts forever and also I don't need a touch up at all when I use this. I also love the slight iridescent shimmer it gives my cheeks a nice luminousity. Really nice blusher and it will last me a very long time. Packaging is very cute as well. :)

on 12/1/2015 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've been on the look-out for a darker sort of plum pink blush that would look nice during the autumn and winter (without being too dark for my light complexion). I feel like when people talk about thebalm's blushes all you ever hear about is Hot Mama, and possibly Frat Boy and Down Boy. Which I guess is understandable, if they're as good as Cabana Boy, but I still feel like this shade is definitely underrated/not raved about enough. It's a gorgeous satin-like powder formula that is just the right amount of pigmented. It's pigmented enough for the device "a little goes a long way", but not pigmented to the point where you need to be extremely careful or risk ending up with 10 times too much product on your brush if you sweep it a bit too enthusiastically. It also blends wonderfully and doesn't look powder-y at all when applied. It gives a certain amount of shine, but it's in no way a highligher/blush hybrid - it just gives a healthy and fresh sort of complexion.

The staying power is good - really good actually. Now I've not (yet..) tried the fancy stuff like Nars or whatever, so I don't know how well it holds up compared to those kind of brands. But it's significantly better (and feels more luxurious) than any drugstore brand I've tried.

The packaging, just like most of thebalm's products, is well thought out and has a charming retro vibe to it. Before I got it I was slightly hesitant about how safe I'd feel throwing this into a makeup bag or a purse because it "locks" only with a magnet. Turns out the packaging is definitely sturdy enough and the magnet strong enough for it to feel okay to bring on-the-go. It's actually quite handy for that, since it's a significantly thinner packaging than any other blush I own.

Overall I'm a little bit in love with this product. It shouldn't be a surprise since I've loved the Mary Lou-Manaziner from the first time I laid eyes on it, but since I hadn't heard as much about this product I was slightly unprepared for how hard I'd fall for it.

This is my HG blush, it is my FAVE. The color is stunning, it is very pigmented and The pan is huge so it goes a long way. İt is a berry/ mauve kind of a color and it has a satin finish that ım in love with. İt lasts For a long time on my face and ı definetely can recommend.

on 10/28/2015 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I can't believe I waited so long to try this blush. It's a gorgeous berry color with a nice sheen. Not frosty or glittery. It's a perfect fall / winter color for my light cool skin. Most fall color blushes are too dark or too brown for my complexion but cabana boy still has a pink tone to it that works well with my coloring. It's very pigmented so a tiny dab on my brush goes a long way. It's a bit pricey but you get a lot of product and need to use so little, it will last a looooong time.

Staying power is great. At the end of the day it's faded but still there. The packaging is flat and sleek and doesn't take up too much room. Highly recommend this blush!

on 11/18/2014 2:36:00 PM

I love Cabana Boy. It's a nice mauve color. It lasts for about 6-7 hours. There's a lot of product in the packaging. I love their packaging. I love it for fall & winter.

on 10/13/2014 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I never thought I could wear a "plum-toned" blush, but this is absolutely gorgeous. Unlike most plum-toned blushes, this is very warm, and the gold undertones give this an "outdoorsy flush" kick. A little goes a long way. Puts other blushes to shame!

on 9/4/2014 11:19:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This is a beautiful plum/berry type of blush with shimmer and it looks amazing on the skin. I was initially wary of the amount of shimmer in this product but it doesn't appear overly shimmery or glittery looking when applied. It gives a radiant, healthy type of look to the face and I'm quite impressed with the staying power. I've noticed with some more shimmery blushes that once they fade, they have a tendency to leave more shimmer than colour behind but this is not the case for this product.

The pigmentation on this product is no joke (as with almost all of TheBalm products) so use sparingly. Also, the packaging on TheBalm products are very quirky and different from any other brands I've tried. I have to give props to how sleek and compact the product is even with the little mirror inside (ahem I'm looking at you Physicians Formula), and the fact that it contains quite a bit more product than your traditional powder blush (8.5 grams) is awesome. It is a bit hard to get ahold of TheBalm products in Canada but they do sell them online or at Rexall.

Popular Blush Products