Cover Girl Lash Blast Length

Cover Girl Lash Blast Length

3.1

on 7/5/2016 3:01:00 AM

Didn't work for me. Yes it lengthens somewhat but adds no thickness at all. Threw it away after trying use it about 10 times.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Is this discontinued!! This is my favorite mascara and one of the few I could find that came in just brown instead of black brown. It lengthens nicely and never clumps. It mad my lashes look super long yet natural and no flakes or smudging. I also have sensitive eyes and most drugstore mascaras sting but this one didn't. I sure hope it hasn't been discontinued, I haven't seen it in stores for a few months.

on 4/3/2016 9:08:00 PM

Lame. Not bad at all but my lashes need more!!!

on 1/4/2016 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have been using this mascara for over 4 years (that I can be sure of) and probably longer than that. It's been the only mascara that I could stand that didn't clump, or go on too thick on the first swipe (so it didn't make my lashes look spidery). I know others have stated that it's not very thick when applying, but I think this is a bonus, and helps you put on more than one coat without gross lashes. I have tried several of the other popular CoverGirl mascaras - and they all go on so thick for the first coat that my lashes just clump together. This is a great mascara for a more natural look. I've gotten many compliments on my eyes while wearing it.

Unfortunately, I have been looking to replace my empty LashBlast Length bottle with a new one - but I am 100% positive this line (length - yellow tube) has been discontinued. It has been wiped out at all my "super" chain stores for at least 2 months now - and every drugstore put them on super sale - saying "last chance" - like they are not being restocked and are completely wiped out as well. I think it is quite telling that of all the mascaras in-store that are carried - this one is the only one completely wiped out. I think it was more popular than people gave credit.

I ended up just ordering 6 tubes on Amazon to have for future use (they last 2 years unopened re: CG site) with the hopes that maybe down the line, CG will come out with a replacement. As of now, nothing in the CG mascara line does the same job that this mascara did.

I find it funny that CG has not updated their site to show that this product has been discontinued - but if you go to Amazon to buy it - it says in their product specs for the mascara that it has been discontinued by the distributor. I also talked to a gal who happened to be at one of the "big chain" stores that was a restocker for CG products - and asked her why the yellow tube "length" mascara was all wiped out. She said that it was because the "Star Wars mascara that CG came out with was displayed there - and that they were waiting to restock the regular." I think she was incorrect, since it's now been 2 months - and the product is still sitting empty, and everyone is marking it down to get rid of it. I think it's sad if CG's restockers don't even have the correct information about their products to relay to their consumers.

If anyone does know if this is being restocked and not discontinued, please review and let us know!

on 12/1/2015 2:21:00 AM

I got this mascara in Very Black from Shoppers.
I have very short straight lashes and this review is based on the experience of the first time after using the product.

Pros:
-It has a very cute packaging. The yellow reverse semi cone tube eith silver writing was very appealing to me
-The lengthening is visible after the first two coats especially for the lower lashes
-The short soft brush bristles ensures that all lashes are coated and it creates a nice fanned out look.
-A lot of coats doesn't cause lash clumping.
-It is relatively cheap especially when its on sale.

Cons:
-The thin formula makes lengthening very hard for short lashes.
-Pigmentation was not as dark as I expected.
-Even though I said the change is visible it hardly makes a difference imo. I had to put five coats on my upper lashes for them to be prominent.
-Removing it is a struggle. Maybe it was due to all those coats I put on but I had to be very gentle and it took a while to remove everything.

Final thoughts:
-I personally feel that this would be an ideal mascara for someone with long lashes since a coat or two would be enough
-An oil based makeup remover works better when it comes to removing it
-It is a good product for a natural look
-Since it required a lot of coats for my lashes and is a hassle to remove it, I would be hesitant to buy it again.

on 11/5/2015 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is my HG everyday mascara and has been for years. I've repurchased at least 6 times. I wear it to work every day and also when I only have a few minutes to do my makeup. The best thing about this mascara is that you can apply it FAST, as in less than one minute. There's no having to build up layers or tweak fiber lengths and there's absolutely no need to comb your lashes with this stuff. Two quick swipes to your lashes and you're done.

It does not add a ton of length, but the length is noticeable after one layer, which is really impressive to me. It dries very fast and I only notice slight flaking under my eyes after 6-8 hours of wear at work in a hot, sweaty environment. I've fallen asleep in it and again, woke up with only very slight flaking under my eyes.

OVERALL: Amazingly cheap, quick application time, clump-free, natural looking, but long lashes. Perfect for me - would not recommend to those with sparse or blonde eyelashes - Great everyday look, not for a night out on the town: choose something else for your dressy occasions.

This is a good mascara if you want a very natural look. The formula is fairly thin and I felt that there was too little of it in the bottle.

on 8/3/2015 1:20:00 PM

By far the absolute worst mascara that I have ever purchased- and I buy a lot of mascara! This stuff barely left any product on my blonde eyelashes, even after three coats. You could not even tell I was wearing anything. It some how made my lashed look shorter. Tried it once and immediately went into the trash. This didn't even make it into my reject/emergency mascara stock pile. Don't waste your money!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I wish I can give a positive review on this product but I was not impressed with this mascara. Although it claimed to only lengthen lashes, I seen little to no difference. The formula seems too thin to the point where I believe other no-name brand mascaras were better quality. I peered inside & there seems to not be enough product inside the tube. Some mascaras still add other perks alongside what it already promises but this mascara didn't even curl or volumize. Perhaps I should've bought a very black shade but lastblast length does not have my vote nonetheless. I want my money back.

Unlike so many other products, the name for this one is accurate. If it's length you are looking for in a mascara this one delivers. It gave my lashes that long, "fanned" look. If you are looking for volume, this one is rather meek in that department. Of course, you can't complain. It only claims to increase length and it does just that. I applied this over my go-to lash primer form Clinique and volume was still lacking. I am looking for a mascara that can multi-task: lengthen, add volume, lift, & curl. I will stick to other goodies in my arsenal. This one isn't bad. It's just rather one dimensional.

Popular Mascaras