Promaxyl Rapidlash Eyelash Renewal Serum

Promaxyl Rapidlash Eyelash Renewal Serum

4.1

Water (Aqua), Rhizobian Gum, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Biotin (Vitamin H), Panthenol, Pantethine, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Allantoin, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Extract (Pumpkin), Sea Water, Dipotassium EDTA, Glycyrrhizate, Alcohol Denatured (and Isopropyl Cloprostenate), Octapeptide 2, Copper Tripeptide, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean Oil), Phosphatidylcholine, Polypeptide 23, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenisen, Sorbic Acid

on 6/29/2016 5:11:00 PM

I have been using this for about 6 weeks. I have only used it on my lashes because my eyebrows are already bushy enough without wanting to add more length or thickness. I have pretty average length, light colored, fine, eyelashes which while not sparse are not really plentiful either.

So I have used this on my lashes every night for about 6 weeks and I definitely have longer lashes. Note, I said longer, not thicker. I am happy that they are longer but they also could be on the verge of spidery, because they are fine, which is also not a great look. I make sure to use a very thickening mascara (plus sometimes a lash primer) and lots of it, especially at the roots, when I put makeup on.

My take on this product (and this is an experiment with only one participant so take it as you will) is that it might increase the length of the lashes you already have but it probably won't make them more plentiful or more thick and luscious. I would estimate that my lashes are about 20-30% longer, which I love, but the hairs are not thicker nor do I think that there are more of them. I will also say that I do feel a little bit of a numbing feeling on my lash line right after I apply it. Nothing that lasts but it is noticeable to me so if you are sensitive you should take note.

So I am going to continue to keep using this product. I like my longer lashes and with the right mascara and tight lining they do look long and flattering and frame my eyes. I just don't know whether you can expect to grow lashes where you didn't have any already. Just my 2 cents. YMMV. Cheers.

on 5/21/2016 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm only 18 so I've always been a little wary about eyelash serums as I figured that of course they would work better on older people because, of course, with age hair growth decreases, so it'd essentially be boosting the lashes back to what they once were, but with younger people it wouldn't be able to achieve much as our lashes would already be at their max I guess. I think I only thought that as I haven't seen many positive reviews from younger people and I was trying to talk myself out of forking out money on something that may not work.

BUT, because I desperately want beautiful long lashes, like anybody, I grabbed some off CosmeticsNow as I live in Australia (apparently it used to be sold at priceline, but not anymore) for ~$54.95AUD.

I've only been using this since the 11th of May and a few days ago I was scrutinising my lashes with my phone flashlight in the mirror, AND I HAVE BABY LASHES EVERYWHERE! Even growing in my tightline, which get slightly itchy, a few randoms on my eyelid way above the lashline where I must have got the product, and it looks like my lashline is doubling in thickness - I have an entire new line coming up above where my fully grown lashes are! This is amazing progress so far and I showed all of my friends (the ones with long lashes didn't notice but my short lashed gals freaked out and one bought her own hahaha).

It doesn't have a harsh reaction to my eyes and they haven't become any more sensitive or turned red/dry, I think around the 3rd day I used it I did get a little bit in my eyes and they turned slightly red and were a little itchy as they would be if you got anything in them! I have bright green eyes as well, and it's certain this stuff doesn't alter eye colour but for review purposes, my eyes are still as green as ever. As for the price, I see a lot of people complaining, but this is one of the cheapest, legitimate lash serums that are completely reliable, so it's not an issue for me whatsoever. I don't mind forking out 50 bucks every 3-4 months on something that does what I pay for!

It obviously hasn't been long enough to write a full review, but I'm bursting at the seams and will post comparison photos and add onto this review in maybe a month's time or whenever a significant difference is obvious.

But so far, I would 100% recommend this to anybody, it's worth it!

To Read all 264 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/17/2016 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I waited until I used this for a while before writing a review (approx 8 weeks) but I'm defintely seeing an improvement in the length of my lashes. It doesn't seem to add any thickness or help the brows BUT eyelash length was the reason I bought it (discounted on HauteLook) so I'm glad I did! No sensitivity or adverse reaction.

on 5/14/2016 9:06:00 PM

I don't usually have sensitive skin but when I used rapidlash, I woke up with hives and redness all over my face. I used the product 3 separate times and the result was the same each time. Just be cautious if you have sensitive skin and are considering in purchasing this product.

on 4/14/2016 5:10:00 PM

This litterally grew out my eyes and lashes completely. I used it multiple times a day. Bad thing is once you stop using, all the growth and thickness in the eyelashes will stop.

Lash/Brow Journey Intro:
I have been trying to grow out my brows and lengthen/thicken my lashes for a year, but really commit to it about 3 months ago by using a home made castor oil, vitamin e, olive oil serum and applying with spooly. I have had a little bit of regrowth (YAY) with brows as well as my lashes, which became very fluttery and quite long. (Note: I actually trimmed my lashes with scissors last week to make them appear thicker, even if a little shorter, and I think it was a successful move as they are continuing to grow out looking thicker).
My only criticism with the castor oil, besides the fact that I didn't get Margot Robbie's brows/lashes overnight, is that the hairs seem a little weak and floppy. Also, in two small areas a double lash line started to grow on the edge of my upper inner rim, which would poke into my eyes for weeks until finally long enough to curl up with the rest of my lashes.

RapidLash/Brow:
I have only been using the RapidLash and RapidBrow serums for 2 weeks and I have had good, maybe great, results so far (YAY X2). There is sparse regrowth happening around my main brow area, and both brow and lash hairs seem a little stronger and less floppy than with castor oil. I think the hair colour may be a bit darker too (some blogs reported this too). There is better growth happening in my brows than my lashes I think, but I read the opposite has happened for other people so perhaps this is genetic. Rapidlash little paint brush applicator is great. I use both serums twice a day.

Pros - decent regrowth within 2 weeks and can't wait to see what happens in 6 weeks, easy to use, dries fast

Cons - not immediate growth (had quicker lash growth with castor oil so far in my experiment)

NOTE: I have a 2016 batch of both products and I know the old formula (before Latisse forced them to remove an ingredient similar to theirs) reportedly worked better, which is why I was surprised to have so much success with it so far. I guess the current formula/peptides work just as well (my guess is its just a little slower than the original prostoglandin formula like Latisse).

I believe both RapidLash and RapidBrow serums (2016 new formula) are still worth the money and time investment so far. I will update in 6 weeks time with pictures :)

on 2/25/2016 7:20:00 PM

If you want long lashes but don't want to shell out the money for Latisse, this is for you. Definitely works, I used this every night for 3 weeks and noticed longer lashes. The only thing with this is that eyelashes shed, just like skin and hair on your body, you can end up with a bald looking lash line. I still recommend this for anyone that wants long lashes.

on 2/1/2016 2:44:00 PM

This worked for me but very slowly. I bought a 2-pack from Costco that I've used for about 4 months. Just within the last week or so I have realized that the sparse places in my brows are filling in. Also, my lashes are definitely longer, but not necessarily thicker. If I use more than one coat of mascara, they are almost "too" long. If I had not bought a double pack, I'm sure I would not have stuck with it.

on 12/2/2015 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Ive used it for a full 6 weeks. Did nothing for my lashes, no sign of growth or volume :(

on 11/22/2015 12:20:00 PM

This actually works! I wanted to give it a real test, so I only used it on my left eye. After 6 weeks, the lashes on my left eye are noticeably thicker. There are more lashes and each is thicker. In general, they are also longer. The longest ones are about 1 & 1/3 times (at least) longer than the longest ones on the untreated side. (I think this makes the shorter ones on the same eye look worse.) A few of my upper lashes do slant downward now, so I need to make a second pass with the eyelash curler to catch them. Overall, I'm going to use it on both eyes and intend to repurchase.