Promaxyl Rapidlash Eyelash Renewal Serum

Promaxyl Rapidlash Eyelash Renewal Serum
Rapidlash Eyelash Renewal SerumRapidlash Eyelash Renewal SerumRapidlash Eyelash Renewal SerumRapidlash Eyelash Renewal SerumRapidlash Eyelash Renewal Serum

4.1

Water (Aqua), Rhizobian Gum, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Biotin (Vitamin H), Panthenol, Pantethine, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Allantoin, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Extract (Pumpkin), Sea Water, Dipotassium EDTA, Glycyrrhizate, Alcohol Denatured (and Isopropyl Cloprostenate), Octapeptide 2, Copper Tripeptide, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean Oil), Phosphatidylcholine, Polypeptide 23, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenisen, Sorbic Acid

I have green eyes and didn't want to possibly endanger my natural color by using Latisse. Instead, I've been using this product nightly for about 3 months, and I would estimate that my lashes are now about 1/3 longer and thicker-looking than they were naturally. I would say that I began to notice a significant positive difference after about a month. I've stopped using eye makeup entirely because I am so happy with how my lashes now look! There is now a slight reddening/darkening at my lash line (I have extremely sensitive skin), but it's not bothersome.

on 2/20/2017 5:19:00 PM

The first tube I had workd great. The next one did absolutely nothing.
Curious, I looked up the ingredients and discovered along the way that older tubes (before 2014) contained the same active ingredient (although not in as high a quantity) as Latisse, a very effective prescription-only eyelash serum.
Allergan, the makers of Latisse, got wind of this and threatened to sue the company that makes RapidLash. The ingredient that made RapidLash do what it's supposed to do is now gone, so if you're lucky enough to wind up with a tube that was manufactured before 2014, it will work. If not, then you've just taken that $50 and basically run it through a shredder.

A woman in my local Sephora store told me to try applying castor oil every night before bedtime, applying it to the lashline with a cotton swab or eyeliner brush (there are lots of tutorials online). She said one of her friends who had had skimpy, thinning eyelashes tried this, and she could actually see the difference in her friend's eyelashes after a few weeks. She couldn't recommend anything else that worked better (including any of the eyelash serums offered in her place of employment).

So hey! I got myself some cold-pressed hexane-free castor oil at the local natural food co-op and will be trying it on my lashes. It sounds a lot safer than a tube of chemical glop that doesn't work anyhow, AND it's a tiny fraction of the cost.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Coarse

BEFORE: My lashes are dark, but really stubby and short, basically not visible because they are so short
AFTER 6 weeks of use, they have become something closer to average length. I tried Rapidlash on one side only to avoid being tricked into believing something that wasn't really true, but I can see a difference on the treated side. There is a thicker row of lashes, and they are somewhat longer, so it shows up especially if I use mascara. So far no negative side effects, no irritation, redness etc
Will continue to use to see if they can transform into Elizabeth Taylor-like lashes, but don't hold your breath.
So far, solid good progress, but nothing dramatic.
AFTER 10 WEEKS: definitely longer, just a little longer than average now (remember I started out with stumpy short lashes, so there was a long way to catch up)
Gonna keep going to see how long they will get....so far, so good!
AFTER 14 WEEKS; There's for sure a change...Longer, but not much thicker (sigh..can't have everything)
AFTER 5 MONTHS: Nice and long, quite a difference between the 2 sides, but since they are thin and have pale tips I have to use mascara - I use CoverGirl waterproof and it is the bomb. Never smudges, once I fell asleep overnight without taking off my mascara (rarely happens, but still, my bad) and it still did not smudge.

on 12/29/2016 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is amazing and it works! I just finished my first bottle and it lasted about two months. I use a good amount though, every night, top and bottom. I also use a bit on my brow where I have a bald patch. I know this one is different from the brow one and I believe it's probably less strong but I didn't want to buy the brow one just for that small spot since I do have really full brows aside from that spot. I also wonder if they'll ever grow in that spot since castor and other things seem to not work. I also have one tail end that's less full and I use it there and I have seen some improvement there.

But aside from all that...for lashes it's been really amazing. I will admit my lashes weren't short or sparse (maybe because I use vaseline with cocoa butter every night for years) but who doesn't want a little more!? In just two months I see growth and so do others. I will say that there was a *slight* burning sensation a few times when I started this. I wasn't sure if it was from this or other things/being tired, but a few friends mentioned it as well. Nothing really obvious or irritated, so if you do get red or itchy I would definitely stop. Mine was verrryy mild but I wanted to mention. For what it's worth, castor didn't grow my lashes either and gave me styes. :\

I also wanted to talk about volume vs length. I don't really have the problem of not having volume from this like others do. I think it does add a little of volume, but I don't know how it works with our bodies and hair follicles (if you only have so many, and therefore this can only add length) but I did have one area that was more sparse on bottom and I feel it's filling in a little. I think that will take longer to see though, since they have to start from nothing as opposed to the rest which is growing just a little but we see it quicker. Also, compared to the rest, it will look shorter and maybe never 'catch up' since the rest are growing next to it. And I do agree, I prefer volume as well. But if your lashes are short or even if they aren't, some extra length is nice and then mascara adds volume on top of that. My friend that recommended it has been using it for years and she has crazy long (but not too thin) ones, everyone asks her if hers are fake lashes. Even with latisse users, you do sometimes see length that's too thin and it gets weird. But you can stop when it feels right. I don't know if it goes back or just stops there, but you also don't have to keep applying if they are getting too long. But personally, I find that this creates a really nice effect.

But I feel prettier without makeup now, too. I used to choose mascara as my only one item of makeup if I had to choose, because it just pops the eyes without looking weird when you're obviously not done up. But now I really have that without and with mascara it's even more so. Especially the last few lashes have a few extra long strands which adds such a pretty look. I bought two more and I plan on using them continuously. I will update if I get weirdly long and have to stop, but I sort of doubt it.

on 12/13/2016 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Note: intended use was for eyebrows. Rapidbrow isn't sold in Canada I guess and was told the formula is the same.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

edit: I've come up with a good way to prolong this product while maintaining lash growth (or at least prevent them from falling out?). Every other day, using castor oil/emu oil combination instead. In fact, the growth has increased since I started this!>

It has been just about 3 weeks since I began using this (once or twice a day, and skipped a few days once in a while). I have seen results in growth and a second row of lashes has began growing above the first. Even without mascara the difference is obvious. So yes--it does what it says.

So far results are the same as they would have been had I used castor oil/coconut oil combo. Of course, that is far cheaper.
Will continue use. Have been using alongside emu oil to aid in absorption (and also because emu oil is said to aid in stimulating follicles). Unsure about repurchase at the moment.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Soo I learned a lesson here: A) This really works for both my eyelashes and eyebrows, and B) I...actually DON'T like my natural lashes when they're super long. After a few weeks, I put this on my eyebrows only because it was getting difficult to put on mascara. This stuff gave my lashes a lot of length, but didn't make them any more voluminous, which is why I still wanted to wear mascara. If given the choice - and if I could only have one - I would prefer volume over length. So, I used this up on my brows, which looked fabulous (finally, after months with no regrowth). I did not repurchase after I ran out, and my brows still look better than before! My lashes, however, are back to normal. The only reason I'm not repurchasing this is that I'm planning to have my eyebrows microbladed, so I don't want any "extra" growth (which may not come back in the future) to influence the artist's work. If I really want to change up my lashes again, I'll just do extensions.

on 6/29/2016 5:11:00 PM

I have been using this for about 6 weeks. I have only used it on my lashes because my eyebrows are already bushy enough without wanting to add more length or thickness. I have pretty average length, light colored, fine, eyelashes which while not sparse are not really plentiful either.

So I have used this on my lashes every night for about 6 weeks and I definitely have longer lashes. Note, I said longer, not thicker. I am happy that they are longer but they also could be on the verge of spidery, because they are fine, which is also not a great look. I make sure to use a very thickening mascara (plus sometimes a lash primer) and lots of it, especially at the roots, when I put makeup on.

My take on this product (and this is an experiment with only one participant so take it as you will) is that it might increase the length of the lashes you already have but it probably won't make them more plentiful or more thick and luscious. I would estimate that my lashes are about 20-30% longer, which I love, but the hairs are not thicker nor do I think that there are more of them. I will also say that I do feel a little bit of a numbing feeling on my lash line right after I apply it. Nothing that lasts but it is noticeable to me so if you are sensitive you should take note.

So I am going to continue to keep using this product. I like my longer lashes and with the right mascara and tight lining they do look long and flattering and frame my eyes. I just don't know whether you can expect to grow lashes where you didn't have any already. Just my 2 cents. YMMV. Cheers.

on 5/21/2016 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm only 18 so I've always been a little wary about eyelash serums as I figured that of course they would work better on older people because, of course, with age hair growth decreases, so it'd essentially be boosting the lashes back to what they once were, but with younger people it wouldn't be able to achieve much as our lashes would already be at their max I guess. I think I only thought that as I haven't seen many positive reviews from younger people and I was trying to talk myself out of forking out money on something that may not work.
I've only been using this since the 11th of May and a few days ago I was scrutinising my lashes with my phone flashlight in the mirror, AND I HAVE BABY LASHES EVERYWHERE! Even growing in my tightline, which get slightly itchy, a few randoms on my eyelid way above the lashline where I must have got the product, and it looks like my lashline is doubling in thickness.
It doesn't have a harsh reaction to my eyes and they haven't become any more sensitive or turned red/dry, I think around the 3rd day I used it I did get a little bit in my eyes and they turned slightly red and were a little itchy as they would be if you got anything in them! I have bright green eyes as well, and it's certain this stuff doesn't alter eye colour but for review purposes, my eyes are still as green as ever.

UPDATE 31/7/2016
So, at the end of June my long lashes fell out in a lot of places and I was devastated losing 5 lashes whenever I tugged slightly on them, however I persisted with the serum and they're longer again and the gaps have re-filled and I'm pleased with the results. I've slowed the use down to 2-3 times a week after I had a good think about why my lashes could have fallen out and I think the 6 weeks of daily use was overdoing it a little as well as the lash cycle being around 6-8 weeks, so I shouldn't have been so surprised honestly. Despite this little hiccup I will still continue to use and repurchase because I am SO happy to have found something affordable to make such a difference to my little lashes which touch my eyebrows when they're curled now.
So the verdict is still 5 stars, and still a 100% recommendation. Thumbs up!

UPDATE 5/11/16
omg so i stopped using it when my lashes were long enough and all my long lashes gradually fell out and it was actually the worst thing ever because i forgot how short and straight my lashes were :((( but after getting back into the habit of putting it on every night again they're all coming back in thank god! I think I'm about due to buy a new tube, theres still plenty left but from lying down all day it just sits on the sides of the tube so i have to wiggle to get it out. still recommend until i can justify paying $150 for another serum lol

on 5/17/2016 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I waited until I used this for a while before writing a review (approx 8 weeks) but I'm defintely seeing an improvement in the length of my lashes. It doesn't seem to add any thickness or help the brows BUT eyelash length was the reason I bought it (discounted on HauteLook) so I'm glad I did! No sensitivity or adverse reaction.