Quo Total Perfection Face Primer

Quo primerTotal Perfection Face Primer

3.6

on 4/26/2017 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Surprised by all the negative reviews for this primer. It may be more suited to the over 40 face (I'm 52 and have been using for 7 years). It is emollient but if you apply and let dry completely before applying anything on top, works as it should making foundation application smoother (and poreless) and incredibly long-lasting. It does have a silky texture that is undeniably silicone-based, but I don't have any problems with breakouts with my combination skin.

I love the way this feels on my skin, but I'm not sure it works as advertised. After a few weeks of use I've also started noticing myself breaking out in whiteheads which is something that I don't usually get. I guess I'm out for the hunt of a new product...

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think this primer is meant for dry skin because it does make your skin greasy after a while. One of the ingredients is safflower seed oil, so maybe this would work better if you use an oil-based foundation and moisturizer. Oils don't mix well with water based products. It does help makeup glide onto skin, but does nothing for longevity.

on 2/11/2012 2:05:00 AM

I did not like this primer. I bought it on sale at the spur of the moment, as I was on vacation and had left my E.L.F Primer at the hotel :( This primer made my makeup feel caked on and at times it rolled off my skin like glue. I was not impressed. The packaging was wasteful as well, the pump design made it hard to get all the product.

on 8/8/2011 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've been using the Total Perfection Primer for a few days now and am unsure if I like it. Before using this primer, I used Boots No7 Mattifying Make-up Base which I generally liked but I think it was breaking my forehead out. I decided to use the Quo Total Perfection Primer because of the good reviews on here. I was expecting a white liquid instead of a clear one... I have combination/oily skin and I think this product doesn't really "hold" my makeup well compared to Boots (I think I need a thicker primer). I use this on my eyelids too and it seems that my eyeshadow and lashliner "fade" too easily. It's also pricey (paid $23 CDN) but I think it's actually a good price considering you only have to use a little and there's actually quite a lot of product in the bottle (the packaging is great, by the way). I'll update as I use this!

Update: Yeah, I'm pretty sure I don't like this product - my skin gets oily super fast, it doesn't seem to "hold up" my foundation well.

Well... I have tried using this a few times, and not only does it feel heavy and siliconey, it causes my foundation to cake up a bit, and settle into my fine lines. Not good..... not good at all :(

on 12/31/2010 8:58:00 PM

I really like this primer. It's about half the price of the Smashbox primer, and I actually like this one better. It doesn't feel as oily on your skin, and really helps your makeup last.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I liked how this feels on. I put this on under my mattifying mostuizer & my skin felt so smooth. I noticed my makeup when on much better & lasted longer. I also noticed that makeup didn't seem to sink into my laugh lines which is good :)

on 5/17/2010 12:09:00 PM

I have combination skin & it controls my T-zone oil very well!

on 4/22/2010 6:08:00 AM

Pretty good primer, comparable to the Smashbox version but much cheaper. It makes my skin so smooth! Although I have to say, I don't use primers much with my foundation... Applying them is an extra step and they just don't seem to do much for me when wearing them with foundation. What I do like to do is wear it alone. When I'm having decent skin days and don't need foundation, I like to apply the primer only. It cuts down on the shine and makes my skin look even and soft. It gives it a really nice look!

Overall, I would probably repurchase this product, but not for its intended purpose as a foundation primer...