Quo Total Perfection Face Primer

Quo Total Perfection Face Primer
Quo primerTotal Perfection Face Primer

2.4

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think this primer is meant for dry skin because it does make your skin greasy after a while. One of the ingredients is safflower seed oil, so maybe this would work better if you use an oil-based foundation and moisturizer. Oils don't mix well with water based products. It does help makeup glide onto skin, but does nothing for longevity.

on 2/11/2012 2:05:00 AM

I did not like this primer. I bought it on sale at the spur of the moment, as I was on vacation and had left my E.L.F Primer at the hotel :( This primer made my makeup feel caked on and at times it rolled off my skin like glue. I was not impressed. The packaging was wasteful as well, the pump design made it hard to get all the product.

on 8/8/2011 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've been using the Total Perfection Primer for a few days now and am unsure if I like it. Before using this primer, I used Boots No7 Mattifying Make-up Base which I generally liked but I think it was breaking my forehead out. I decided to use the Quo Total Perfection Primer because of the good reviews on here. I was expecting a white liquid instead of a clear one... I have combination/oily skin and I think this product doesn't really "hold" my makeup well compared to Boots (I think I need a thicker primer). I use this on my eyelids too and it seems that my eyeshadow and lashliner "fade" too easily. It's also pricey (paid $23 CDN) but I think it's actually a good price considering you only have to use a little and there's actually quite a lot of product in the bottle (the packaging is great, by the way). I'll update as I use this!

Update: Yeah, I'm pretty sure I don't like this product - my skin gets oily super fast, it doesn't seem to "hold up" my foundation well.

on 2/27/2011 6:49:00 PM

I purchased this only because at the time Hard Candy wasn't available in Canada and I had really been wanting to try a a primer.

PROS
Hygenic packaging
has a silky feel to it

Cons

-greasy!
-thick
- broke me out a bit
-didn't really help my m/u go on any better / smoother

Overall, I won't be repurchasing this and I don't recommend it. Go to Walmart and get the Hard Candy primer

on 6/2/2010 8:46:00 PM

I purchased this product after attempting to purchase ELF primer, but failed when my order arrived w/o it saying they were out of stock:(
I got this on sale for $19 @ SDM

Its my first primer ever so i cant compare it to others.
My face tends to "eat' makeup, so by midday all of my makeup (foundation) is off my face, and I look horrible!I was hoping this could fix that problem...
It has fixed some of it, SOME of my makeup is still left, so i look fairly decent, however I found that this doesnt work that well, so i might be returning it...
it mattifies my skin when I first put it on, and i find it easier to apply my foundation afterwords(Pure makeup-Maybelline).
It also appears to have possibly broken me out...I'm not sure if its this or hormones, I will have to wait and see.
Overall, its okay...will update later.

on 8/23/2009 2:57:00 AM

I got this ask a gift so I'm not sure how much it is. I know that wearing primer if you're wearing foundation is supposed to be a good thing. For some reason, i find that this feels very silicone-y and thick. I also don't find it does anything special to my foundation or my complexion. Just an extra layer of something more I don't need. Quo products have been a hit and miss with me... usually a miss and this is no exception. Sorry...this isn't for me.

The Quo Total Perfection Face Primer is a great, cheaper alternative to Smashbox's Photofinish. Not only does it have that same, silky texture, it glides on smoothly against your skin. It really does keep your foundation put for a very long time, and makes your skin look super smooth. However, after a few hours, I managed to look VERY greasy around the t-zone area. This is most likely due to the fact that I already have a problem with that area. So, those who already experience trouble with very oily skin might want to use this product sparingly.

Pros:
- It is Smashbox's Photofinish doppelganger, except much more cheaper. (At about $15 - $20 CND a pop!)
- Definitely helps keep your foundation longer lasting.
- The silky texture keeps your skin feeling soft.

Cons:
- Those with hard-to-control oily t-zone areas might find themselves looking much more oilier.