Quo Total Perfection Face Primer

Filtered by hair type : Other
Quo Total Perfection Face Primer
Quo primerTotal Perfection Face Primer

4.3

Big time disappointing product! I loved the packaging and pump applicator, but the actual product inside didn't work for me. It felt super greasy and made foundation difficult to blend as it slide all over the place. Within an hour my foundation looked horrible as it was caking and sliding right off my face. If I could give this product a zero I would.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Absolutely LOVE this product! I put it on so that my foundation stays all day (I wear a lot since I have a really blotchy red skin tone -_- ) and it does the job! It goes on smooth, and it doesn't feel heavy. I have never used any of the more expensive primer's but I surmise they would all work very similar. This is much cheaper than MAC's or Smashbox's primer, and it keeps my foundation stay all day which is what I was looking for :)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

So I got a sample of this, and I pretty much love it!
When I wear this, my foundation doesn't go on all cakey, and even if i over apply, it doesn't look too weird.

It stays on (for both liquid and mineral powder) and does not melt off my face!

So after a couple of hours my face still looks fine, not grey-ish, and no redness showing.

I like the consistency of it because it is almost like SmashBox Photofinish, just not as great.

But I like it, and it will take a long time for the bottle to be used up. (I'm still using the sample I received, LOL)

I bought the primer for $16.50 (on sale) as opposed to its oringial price $21 .

Also, I ended up spending $15 and got 7000 optimum points when I bought this at shoppers: YAY.

This is definitely my favourite product from Quo.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

As my wedding gets nearer, I an trying to get all of the products I will need to make my face last that day. One of the things on my list was a primer. I was happy to discover that Quo makes one and decided to give it a go. It was on sale at SDM for only $16 so I figured if I don't like it, it'snot the end of the world.

First impressions - I love how it makes my skin feel. I only need one pump of the stuff to cover my whole face and it instantly smoothed and softened everything. I felt like I had a canvas that was ready to create something special with. THAT is definitely a feeling I want to have on my wedding day when I do my makeup :)

At first I didn't let it sink in enough before I went ahead with my concealer, so had to wash off one cheek and start over. Once I had given it enough time, though, I was impressed with how easy my concealer went on and adhered (I am recovering from a severe cystic breakout so need that concealer to do it's job on all the reddish purple marks). Once I had everything hidden, my foundation went on like a dream over top.

Overall - I am really happy with how this stuff enhanced my makeup application. Such a simple step and I don't know why I went so many years without it.

Update: I've been using this for over a week now..and loving it. I had a chance to compare it Smashbox and the SB primer just balled up so I am glad I didn't waste my money on it. I am not breaking out from the Quo and it makes my makeup look so much nicer. I think I have an HG here but time will tell. I don't usually like to say that until I have been through a couple of bottles.

on 2/13/2008 2:33:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

Wahoooo a cheaper primer on the market! Thanks again Quo! I bought this, like many of you, to replace my overpriced but beloved Smashbox primer. I think I actually like Quo's a tad better!

What I loathe about both is the awful glass bottle that prevents you from accessing the remaining final 1/4. Why haven't they solved this issue yet? It's a small price to pay for a 50% price reduction over Smashbox's hefty $44. pricetag!

This slides on top of my moisturizer well, and unlike my Smashbox, does not ball up into peices. It merely grabs foundation and concealer and creates a smooth finish, evening out my fine lines and skin tone. I squeeze out one "serving" onto my fingers and distribute it across my face and eyes, without rubbing in. I won't go back to MAC or Smasbox again! I even use this on my eyelids instead of a lid primer, and it works fairly well. Now if only they could sneak a little SPF into it....

on 11/4/2007 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

If this is Quo's primer that is in the form of a Gel, then I think it's great. You only need a tiny amount, just one tiny pump. I think somtimes people put on too much....I did at the start then realised less is definitely more.

Nell