Quo Total Perfection Face Primer

Quo primerTotal Perfection Face Primer

3.4

on 4/26/2017 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Surprised by all the negative reviews for this primer. It may be more suited to the over 40 face (I'm 52 and have been using for 7 years). It is emollient but if you apply and let dry completely before applying anything on top, works as it should making foundation application smoother (and poreless) and incredibly long-lasting. It does have a silky texture that is undeniably silicone-based, but I don't have any problems with breakouts with my combination skin.

I love the way this feels on my skin, but I'm not sure it works as advertised. After a few weeks of use I've also started noticing myself breaking out in whiteheads which is something that I don't usually get. I guess I'm out for the hunt of a new product...

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think this primer is meant for dry skin because it does make your skin greasy after a while. One of the ingredients is safflower seed oil, so maybe this would work better if you use an oil-based foundation and moisturizer. Oils don't mix well with water based products. It does help makeup glide onto skin, but does nothing for longevity.

on 5/21/2013 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pros - inexpensive
- claims to have skin beneficial ingredients
- makeup does go on very smoothly
- did not break me out

Cons - Makeup starts to slide off in about an hour! Opposite of what a primer should do.

- While the jar & pump packaging is nice, the jar is clear so not sure how stable the ingredients would be.

- did nothing to smooth my largish pores over.

-made me oily - I am combo to slightly dry - that has not happened in years!

This is being returned as it does not work for ME as primer. Perhaps it would for someone with very dry skin.

on 6/17/2010 7:50:00 PM

This primer made my foundation stay on longer like all primers are supposed to do. The packaging is alright too. But those are the only good things: Right after I put any foundation on it, the foundation completely peels off. Like I run my finger down my face and there's a giant clump of make-up! I dont even put that much on. It's disgusting. Would never recommend this or buy it again. Too much money for something that's not even thattt great.

on 4/22/2010 6:08:00 AM

Pretty good primer, comparable to the Smashbox version but much cheaper. It makes my skin so smooth! Although I have to say, I don't use primers much with my foundation... Applying them is an extra step and they just don't seem to do much for me when wearing them with foundation. What I do like to do is wear it alone. When I'm having decent skin days and don't need foundation, I like to apply the primer only. It cuts down on the shine and makes my skin look even and soft. It gives it a really nice look!

Overall, I would probably repurchase this product, but not for its intended purpose as a foundation primer...

on 2/15/2010 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Girls, this is pretty much the same thing as Smashbox Photo Finish, at half the price (and the option to get it on sale). I love how easy it is to apply and blend foundation on top, but honestly I rarely bother with primer because of the extra time it takes. I don't find that it makes foundation last longer, hence only 4 lippies. If you do like primers, or you want to try your first one, I highly recommend this one.

on 4/24/2009 4:02:00 PM

My first primer so I can't compare it to the infamous smashbox primer.

It does a good job making my skin feels silky smooth.
It fills in my pores so that when i put on my TM, it covers them nicely (instead of accentuating them)
It also helps in applying my blush, the color glides on my face easily (I have bumpy cheeks that prevent me from having a smooth blush application).

I do have to wait for a few mins for it to dry up.
I usually put it on after my moisturizer, do my hair, then start putting on my make up 5 mins after.

I got this at Shoppers for $15.
Not too bad for the price.
There seems to be a lot of product in the bottle considering that you only need a teeny tiny amount for the entire face.

UPDATE(5/14/09): Have been wearing this for 1.5 months. Hasn't broken me out :)

on 3/10/2009 10:28:00 AM

I'm on the fence with this product. It's very comparable to the Smashbox primer with it's texture and general function(smooth base, makeup longevity). However, I didn't find it masked my pores as well as SB. The price is definitely better but I don't think I'd purchase again because I prefer a primer to help conceal my pores. If pores aren't an issue for you, it's a great substitute for SB that's easier on your wallet.

on 2/13/2009 2:21:00 PM

I bought this thinking it would help control my oily t-zone. I thought it had the same consistantcy as Smashbox's primer and was much cheaper. At first it did control my oil but after 2 hours I was as oily as ever. I continued using it anyway and after 2 weeks of use I got 2 HUGE Cyst pimples one on the side of my nose (it looked like a second nose!) and one on my upper chin. I will never use this primer again!!!