Quo Total Perfection Face Primer

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Quo Total Perfection Face Primer
Quo primerTotal Perfection Face Primer

4.2

I love the way this feels on my skin, but I'm not sure it works as advertised. After a few weeks of use I've also started noticing myself breaking out in whiteheads which is something that I don't usually get. I guess I'm out for the hunt of a new product...

on 12/31/2010 8:58:00 PM

I really like this primer. It's about half the price of the Smashbox primer, and I actually like this one better. It doesn't feel as oily on your skin, and really helps your makeup last.

on 4/11/2009 9:27:00 PM

Good product! I wont says its as good as the smash box primer but its much cheaper and almost as good. I use my primers on my eyes as well but this product is best for just the face, you will need an shadow primer as well.

on 2/6/2009 2:49:00 PM

I decided to purchase this after researching different primers on MUA and testing them in the drugstores. I ended up purchasing this one at Shoppers Drug Mart for $15. This primer is very similar to Smashbox but for a fraction of the price...the texture is about the same or maybe a tad thicker than SB but the ingredients are almost exactly the same. I also had my eye on the GOSH primer but when I went to go test it the formula balled up on the back on my hand. It doesn't cause any breakouts on my sensitive acne prone skin either.

Pros:

-Doesn't have a scent
-Just as good as more expensive primers
-Doesn't cause me to break out
-Seems to make my makeup last longer
-Glass bottle allows me to see how much I've used

Cons:

-Glass bottle makes me nervous about traveling with it

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

As my wedding gets nearer, I an trying to get all of the products I will need to make my face last that day. One of the things on my list was a primer. I was happy to discover that Quo makes one and decided to give it a go. It was on sale at SDM for only $16 so I figured if I don't like it, it'snot the end of the world.

First impressions - I love how it makes my skin feel. I only need one pump of the stuff to cover my whole face and it instantly smoothed and softened everything. I felt like I had a canvas that was ready to create something special with. THAT is definitely a feeling I want to have on my wedding day when I do my makeup :)

At first I didn't let it sink in enough before I went ahead with my concealer, so had to wash off one cheek and start over. Once I had given it enough time, though, I was impressed with how easy my concealer went on and adhered (I am recovering from a severe cystic breakout so need that concealer to do it's job on all the reddish purple marks). Once I had everything hidden, my foundation went on like a dream over top.

Overall - I am really happy with how this stuff enhanced my makeup application. Such a simple step and I don't know why I went so many years without it.

Update: I've been using this for over a week now..and loving it. I had a chance to compare it Smashbox and the SB primer just balled up so I am glad I didn't waste my money on it. I am not breaking out from the Quo and it makes my makeup look so much nicer. I think I have an HG here but time will tell. I don't usually like to say that until I have been through a couple of bottles.