Quo Total Perfection Face Primer

Quo primerTotal Perfection Face Primer

3.5

on 4/26/2017 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Surprised by all the negative reviews for this primer. It may be more suited to the over 40 face (I'm 52 and have been using for 7 years). It is emollient but if you apply and let dry completely before applying anything on top, works as it should making foundation application smoother (and poreless) and incredibly long-lasting. It does have a silky texture that is undeniably silicone-based, but I don't have any problems with breakouts with my combination skin.

I have been using this primer for years because it was a gift from my sister who thought that it would be useful for me since I had really dry and acne filled skin. This primer is really silicon feeling and greasy and spreads pretty far. This did help a little with making my makeup look smoother but not by much. I am currently looking into finding a better primer.

I love the way this feels on my skin, but I'm not sure it works as advertised. After a few weeks of use I've also started noticing myself breaking out in whiteheads which is something that I don't usually get. I guess I'm out for the hunt of a new product...

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think this primer is meant for dry skin because it does make your skin greasy after a while. One of the ingredients is safflower seed oil, so maybe this would work better if you use an oil-based foundation and moisturizer. Oils don't mix well with water based products. It does help makeup glide onto skin, but does nothing for longevity.

on 5/21/2013 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pros - inexpensive
- claims to have skin beneficial ingredients
- makeup does go on very smoothly
- did not break me out

Cons - Makeup starts to slide off in about an hour! Opposite of what a primer should do.

- While the jar & pump packaging is nice, the jar is clear so not sure how stable the ingredients would be.

- did nothing to smooth my largish pores over.

-made me oily - I am combo to slightly dry - that has not happened in years!

This is being returned as it does not work for ME as primer. Perhaps it would for someone with very dry skin.

on 2/11/2012 2:05:00 AM

I did not like this primer. I bought it on sale at the spur of the moment, as I was on vacation and had left my E.L.F Primer at the hotel :( This primer made my makeup feel caked on and at times it rolled off my skin like glue. I was not impressed. The packaging was wasteful as well, the pump design made it hard to get all the product.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I don't understand the point of this product. I was hoping it would smooth out my skin, make my makeup application easier, and help my foundation to last longer. However, it just left this greasy layer on my face which did nothing except make my skin look shiny and gross. My makeup looked better without it!! It was a waste of money for me.

on 8/8/2011 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've been using the Total Perfection Primer for a few days now and am unsure if I like it. Before using this primer, I used Boots No7 Mattifying Make-up Base which I generally liked but I think it was breaking my forehead out. I decided to use the Quo Total Perfection Primer because of the good reviews on here. I was expecting a white liquid instead of a clear one... I have combination/oily skin and I think this product doesn't really "hold" my makeup well compared to Boots (I think I need a thicker primer). I use this on my eyelids too and it seems that my eyeshadow and lashliner "fade" too easily. It's also pricey (paid $23 CDN) but I think it's actually a good price considering you only have to use a little and there's actually quite a lot of product in the bottle (the packaging is great, by the way). I'll update as I use this!

Update: Yeah, I'm pretty sure I don't like this product - my skin gets oily super fast, it doesn't seem to "hold up" my foundation well.

Big time disappointing product! I loved the packaging and pump applicator, but the actual product inside didn't work for me. It felt super greasy and made foundation difficult to blend as it slide all over the place. Within an hour my foundation looked horrible as it was caking and sliding right off my face. If I could give this product a zero I would.

on 2/27/2011 6:49:00 PM

I purchased this only because at the time Hard Candy wasn't available in Canada and I had really been wanting to try a a primer.

PROS
Hygenic packaging
has a silky feel to it

Cons

-greasy!
-thick
- broke me out a bit
-didn't really help my m/u go on any better / smoother

Overall, I won't be repurchasing this and I don't recommend it. Go to Walmart and get the Hard Candy primer