Quo Total Perfection Face Primer

Quo primerTotal Perfection Face Primer

3.5

on 8/8/2005 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Just wanted you all to know that the review that is below is wrong. The item that she is talking about is not a foundation primer, it is a liquid that you put on you face to look shiny! it is commonly used on models to look like their sweating or just to look shiny. However, Quo does have a foundation primer that actually does work well, is not greasy at all, can be worn on top of or under makeup, and only cost $15.00 CAN.

Bought this product to replace the smashbox foundation primer i read the ingredients and it has the exact same ingredients as the smashbox primer and its alot cheaper. I have only been using it for 3 days and so far its working ok. I still have not decided if its great i am currently trying an array of new makeup prodcuts so i still have to figure out which product is the good one. I like the packaging and it goes on silky smooth and makes your face feel soft. Helps the concealer go on smooth as well.

on 4/14/2007 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

To those who may be a little confused, this thread of reviews is for the TOTAL PERFECTION FACE PRIMER.

I bought this in hopes of replacing my usual MAC Prem + Prime Face because it's a few dollars cheaper (I know, I'm a cheapo). It goes on really smooth, smoother than MAC's actually, and it mattified my t-zone well. My only gripe about this is that my pores were still noticeably visible after applying my foundation with this underneath. The packaging is good, and I like the see-thru pump bottle. Unlike MAC's, I could never tell when I'm about to run out because of the black opaque bottle. I might have kept it if it wasn't for the seed oil in the ingredients which broke me out terribly. So if you're skin is sensitive to seed oil, that's something to keep in mind. I returned it and got my $20cdn back =) continued >>

on 10/1/2007 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I don't get this stuff. When I put it on my face it's instantly mattified and feels like silk. Then I put on my makeup and I'm just a big of a greaseball as I ever was. It makes no difference whatsoever. I hate the packaging; The first two weeks i had it, the pump came right off with the cap everytime I opened it so I didn't even know there was a pump! For a drugstore brand I didn't think it was that cheap, and as I said, it didn't work for me so I definitely won't be repurchasing.

I love foundation primers, since it makes my skin feels so nice and smooth. I tired the Smashbox primer as well and I couldn't tell the difference. I didn't purchase my own yet, but I often use it at my friend's place. I think I'm going to buy it when I get the chance.

on 11/4/2007 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

If this is Quo's primer that is in the form of a Gel, then I think it's great. You only need a tiny amount, just one tiny pump. I think somtimes people put on too much....I did at the start then realised less is definitely more.

Nell

on 11/25/2007 11:11:00 AM

I'm not sure what the confusion is on what product exactly we're reviewing here, but to help clarify, Quo's foundation primer comes in a pump container (as archangeli stated), and it's slightly pink in tone, although it applies clear. There is another Quo product that comes in a square-ish tube, but that's not a primer - it's their mattifyer. The official name for this primer - what we're reviewing here - is Quo Total Perfection Face Primer. It retails for $20 CDN, is available exclusively at Shoppers Drug Mart, and contains 28 g of product. I'm not sure if there's a product that Quo carries, or used to carry, that was designed to make models look shiny or sweaty, but this isn't it.

Quo's primer was a surprise to me, as it feels quite velvety and slippery at the same time. I thought that for my combination to oily skin, I'd surely feel my makeup sliding off my face within minutes, but I was very wrong. Unlike Smashbox's primer, which has been my holy grail for quite some time now, I have to let this sit for a couple of minutes before I apply foundation. I'm not sure why, but it works better after it's had some time to sit. It keeps me as matte as Smashbox does, but at a fraction of the cost - Smashbox is about $48 for the same amount, while Quo's $20 version performs the exact same way. I actually prefer Quo's version - lucky for my wallet! However, I'd love for Smashbox AND Quo to improve their packaging - their current pumps don't make it easy to get the last 1/5th of product to get out. They could take notes from CoverFX's primer design - that one is created so that every last drop can be dispensed, and there's no waste.

on 2/13/2008 2:33:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

Wahoooo a cheaper primer on the market! Thanks again Quo! I bought this, like many of you, to replace my overpriced but beloved Smashbox primer. I think I actually like Quo's a tad better!

What I loathe about both is the awful glass bottle that prevents you from accessing the remaining final 1/4. Why haven't they solved this issue yet? It's a small price to pay for a 50% price reduction over Smashbox's hefty $44. pricetag!

This slides on top of my moisturizer well, and unlike my Smashbox, does not ball up into peices. It merely grabs foundation and concealer and creates a smooth finish, evening out my fine lines and skin tone. I squeeze out one "serving" onto my fingers and distribute it across my face and eyes, without rubbing in. I won't go back to MAC or Smasbox again! I even use this on my eyelids instead of a lid primer, and it works fairly well. Now if only they could sneak a little SPF into it....

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

As my wedding gets nearer, I an trying to get all of the products I will need to make my face last that day. One of the things on my list was a primer. I was happy to discover that Quo makes one and decided to give it a go. It was on sale at SDM for only $16 so I figured if I don't like it, it'snot the end of the world.

First impressions - I love how it makes my skin feel. I only need one pump of the stuff to cover my whole face and it instantly smoothed and softened everything. I felt like I had a canvas that was ready to create something special with. THAT is definitely a feeling I want to have on my wedding day when I do my makeup :)

At first I didn't let it sink in enough before I went ahead with my concealer, so had to wash off one cheek and start over. Once I had given it enough time, though, I was impressed with how easy my concealer went on and adhered (I am recovering from a severe cystic breakout so need that concealer to do it's job on all the reddish purple marks). Once I had everything hidden, my foundation went on like a dream over top.

Overall - I am really happy with how this stuff enhanced my makeup application. Such a simple step and I don't know why I went so many years without it.

Update: I've been using this for over a week now..and loving it. I had a chance to compare it Smashbox and the SB primer just balled up so I am glad I didn't waste my money on it. I am not breaking out from the Quo and it makes my makeup look so much nicer. I think I have an HG here but time will tell. I don't usually like to say that until I have been through a couple of bottles.

It is great to find a primer that is not so costly. Quo primer smoothed out my skin, allowing my makeup to adhere much better. Like any other primer, make sure you allow it to set/dry completely. I previously used Smashbox, which was good, but didn't want to rebuy due to the hefty pricetag. It's great to know that there are reasonably priced, high quality products out there.