Maybelline Color Sensational - Pink Please ] ] [DISCONTINUED]

Maybelline Color Sensational - Pink Please ] ] [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

on 4/27/2012 1:57:00 PM

Please bring this shade back!! My favorite pink of all times! I'm on my last tube and it is so sad :(

on 7/22/2011 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I found out through this website that Maybelline Pink Please was discontinued, but with all the great reviews about this product, I decided to order it through Amazon. The smell of this product doesnt bother me, I feel as if it doesnt really have one to begin with. Its a beautiful, pinky-nude color on my pigmented lips which is a change for me since I usually stick with nudes. It faded a bit after eating and drinking, but the color was still visible on my lips, and I dont find it to be drying if I apply lip balm underneath. Overall, great product that I will purchase again if available!

on 3/10/2011 4:45:00 PM

I love it and I don't think it's discontinued! I just checked maybelline website and it's one of the shades.
The only thing about this lipstick I don't like is the waxy taste,
I think I found a dupe for this lippie. Avon ultra rich color lipstick in pout ,look very similar.

As many before me have stated, do not apply this with dry lips. I would recommend applying a layer or two of chapstick if your lips are dry, or a lip salve if flaking. This lipstick really goes into the cracks of your lips and emphasizes fine lines if your lips are not well hydrated.

However, once your lips are well hydrated and are not flaking at all, this lipstick applies so smoothly and does not appear as a bright or baby pink. It's more of a soft and very feminine colour that gives your lips the slightest hint of pink making them very full and luscious looking. I naturally have very red lips (they look like I have lipstick on 24/7) and usually any pinks I try to wear look too pale on me. Myth from MAC makes me look like a zombie. It leaves my lips WHITE. >.> But this is the most flattering pink I've ever tried. I have not had a problem with the smell and I love the packaging. I really like hearing the pop sound when I put the lid on.

As for it being discontinued, I'm not sure about that but there are still a lot left in stock in stores and they constantly re-stock it if it does run out. But maybe that's just what they have in the back and Maybelline really has stopped the selling/shipping of it. If so, I need to stock up on this!

on 2/6/2011 1:35:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Omg...when I first bought this product I HATED it! Now I've grown to quite like it! It's a rather nice pale pink that gives my lips a bit of a muted color. I haven't found it drying, but I do think lips need to be well hydrated to wear it, otherwise it will show all your cracks and flakes. And personally, I need to use a light hand when applying this, otherwise it'll show up a gross mod pink and make my teeth look disgustingly yellow.

on 2/5/2011 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I wanted to love this, given the recommendations for it, but it is the most awful formula. It is so dry it pulls on my lips as I try to put it on, and has an awful plastic smell. The pale pink color is very pretty, but this is not wearable unless I put a heavy coat of lipbalm under it, and it still looks dry and settles into lines. Pass.

Got it for $5 on sale. LOVE the colour, but doesn't last long on the lips like all other lipsticks. You need to really moisturize your lips before putting this colour on because it will show your crack lines. But absolutely love this colour, it goes well with any color/look. Will repurchase if I see it on sale again.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Packaging--Good, not great. The top can come off in your purse, but it can't spin and come out of the tube.

Color--Nice, light pink. Good on light to medium skin tones, some darker skin tones can still probably pull it off though!

Texture/Feel-- Creamy at first, but can feel a little dry after 10 minutes. It lasts about 45 minutes to an hour, depending on how often you rub your lips together.

Overall--Wonderful lipstick, but can be a little dry. Nice color on most skin tones!

on 12/7/2010 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is nothing to write home about. It is a regular pink and fades on my lips really fast. My lips are pinkish and somewhat pigmented but this is truly a blah shade.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Such a pretty pink. It's a soft salmon color, perfect for a subtle splash of girly lip color. The formula doesn't set right with me.. I have to constantly reapply to maintain the appropriate color. Other than than, I have no complaints. :]