Maybelline Color Sensational - Park Ave. Peach

Filtered by hair type : Straight

4.4

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

park ave. Peach is a dark peach with a little bit of shimmer.it shines a little bit,last long,creamy. Verry nice with any bronzy look!goes well with :nude,brown,brown/gold,beige/brown,purple,peach,black eye shadows!love it!

More of a coral than a peach, despite the name. I suppose it could be described as a muted coral or a dark peach, or a bridge between stereotypical peach lipsticks and coral. At first, I found this to be too blah of a coral at best or a MLBW (my lips but worse) at worst. But after revisiting it in my lipstick stash while trying to clean it out, I've decided it suits me (ha, if you look at my last few reviews on Color Sensational lipsticks you can tell I'm not as good at purging lipsticks as I'd like to be). I think it could suit many skin tones and is a potential (on-the-orangey-side-of-)MLBB for many. Or it could be the perfect coral for those who are scared of brighter and/or darker coral lipsticks. And, like another reviewer, I love the name!*

*though, of course, I don't endorse buying lipstick or any other product for the name, no matter how unique or kooky or classy or edgy or [insert miscellaneous marketing images here] it makes the product sound - unless you'd have also been attracted to the color had it been named something like "#11." I'm convinced that's how some (cough, Urban Decay) make half their money, but that's another story.

[It has the shortcomings of the Color Sensational line. I prefer no scent or the fragrance of L'Oreal lipsticks to the "play doh" smell of Color Sensational, and they apparently go rancid faster than other drugstore lipsticks (see reviews). But this line has some colors not found elsewhere and is fine when not rancid.]

Before I review about this shade, please be aware ladies: be sure to check your tube before buying it! If it's lumpy GET ANOTHER TUBE. I made a mistake of buying one lipstick in a different color (cant remember which one, perhaps Hook On Pink?) without checking the condition of the product. When I went home to try it on there were lumps on the exterior of the lipstick. At first I thought it was air bubbles but as I swiped more of the lipstick on WHITE clumps appeared! I believed it was talc that wasn't thoroughly mixed in! When I smooshed the lipstick to see how much more talc was in it I was horrified. At least half the product was made up of the unmixed talc! I took a picture and complained to Maybelline and they sent me a coupon to buy another one for free.

I took my chances, CHECKED THE TUBE this time and bought one in this color. Anyhow, I find this a lovely warm-peachy-pink color that complimented my skin tone really well and helped 'bring life' to my face on days that I look like a zombie. It glides on your lips if you have applied chapstick beforehand. I find that it sort of 'clumps' with my dried flakes when I don't. The product itself is drying at times. I'm on the fence about buying this again, but for the color itself I'll put a yes for now.

And please DO CHECK your lipstick prior to purchasing.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I saw this mentioned on youtube as a dupe for MAC's See Sheer, a lipstick I'd be lemming for a while - I wanted something to pair with NARS Orgasm blush and I didn't really own anything that worked. And Maybelline's is about half the price - isn't it lovely when that happens? I'm neutral to cool-toned, I use MAC products in NC20, so I wasn't sure this would work on me, since it's very peach, but I was pleasantly surprised. This colour really brightens up my face. It's just bright enough without looking garish. The only things I would change is the fragrance - yuck! I've heard that some of the CS lipsticks smell like vanilla and others smell like playdough. I definitely got a playdough : ( And the texture/finish is drying on my lips. I layer this over balm and am going to have to start wearing a layer of balm over top or a moisturizing gloss b/c when this lipstick sets, it definitely makes my lips look dry and a bit yucky. But it's worth it, for the colour and the price. : )

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Quite like this product. Pros: Nice color, nice application, matte finish, cute packaging, good amount of product. Cons: A tiny bit $$ for what I'm used to at DS, the smell...wtf is that, and sometimes i feel like it's a bit drying. But I would recommend.

I think I've found my HG coral/red lipstick. I love the color sensational line from maybelline, and among my other favorites from this range are totally toffee, pink please, and hooked on pink. Park ave peach is a warm peach color with red undertones (no shimmer at all), and what you see in the tube is what you'll get on your lips. The texture is smooth and creamy, not drying, and the color is very buildable. I really recommend this lipstick for spring and summer time. Corals and peaches are very popular this season! This particular shade makes your lips appear very...juicy...lol if you know what I mean.

I have been interested in Maybelline Color Sensational for a long time but haven't found a shade I wanted. I read reviews on this shade (thanks ladies!) and went out and bought it today. My friend said it looked too dark in the tube but I brought it home anyways. After trying this, I want to throw all my other lippies out! It is the best lip shade I have found for me. It brightens my face but still looks natural. Many other lippies make my NC20 skin look either disgustingly green, ruddy, or ghastly pale. This peach has a touch of brown (so it looks MLBB) and a pop of orange/pink so it's coral more than pure peach. I actually love the classic "lipstick" smell which this smells like. It glides on with a satin-y smooth finish, doesn't have a taste and lasts long enough. Love it! My favourite lip combo is this with Mac Smile on top.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a grown-up, lady-who-lunches coral that looks HE - I'm very pleased with this drugstore lipstick. Love the smooth texture and wearable shade - I've never looked good in corals, but since I dyed my hair red, I've been experimenting with warmer colors, and, to echo other reviewers, this one has just enough pinky-nude in it to light up my super-pale, yellow-toned skin.

Edit: Took off one lippie because, after wearing it for a few weeks, I've found it to be slightly drying. I definitely recommend wearing balm underneath.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

So wearable, smooth and creamy...Just the classic peach that looks pretty all the time and on many people. I'm in love with this new line from Maybelline...I've collected at least 10 of their new lippies.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this! I totally bought this product not as a lipstick, but as a creme blush. It comes up as the cutest peachy shade which shows up perfectly on my NC20 skin. I swipe my ELF Foundation Brush across is and tap it along my cheekbones just for the right highlight. It lasts much longer than powder blush as well. :]