Maybelline Color Sensational - Park Ave. Peach

Filtered by hair type : Other

4.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

Admittedly I only bought this lipstick because I'm on a low-buy this month and it's a really excellent dupe for MAC See Sheer, a shade I've been lusting after for ages to suit my red hair and pale cool-toned skin.

I couldn't find this shade in Superdrug or Boots, but I found it on both Ebay and Amazon for a few pounds. And for my first Maybelline lipstick, it was a pleasant surprise! The formula is also quite similar to MAC Cremesheen, creamy and not very drying at all, but I'd still recommend applying a lip balm a while before application if you're prone to dry lips. If you're not used to applying lipstick often, the more pointed end makes precise application that little bit easier. The packaging isn't anything to get too excited about, but the stand-out dark red clear plastic and silver tube makes it easy to spot this product amongst my lipstick collection.

The colour is a wonderfully wearable light coral-y red - it can be layered for more impact, but if you're looking for a suit-all everyday coral that isn't too bright, this is one to try. And for the low price it can't really be beaten, even if you have to order online! I've already ordered another, so I have one in my bag and one at home. Definitely worth a try for anyone who's interested!

Thank you reviewers at MUA for such a great rec! I was at CVS and they had BOGO 50% - I had wanted to get the Mousse Concealer, and remembered coming across positive reviews for this lippie, so threw it in the basket. This was definitely the better purchase - the color and texture has been described perfectly already, beautiful coral/peach with pink undertones, with no weird muddiness and not obnoxious, just fresh looking. Completely brightens up my whole face (NC 20-25 with yellow undertone) and perfect perfect perfect for summer! I will be reaching for this often!

This is the only CS lipstick I own out of the TWELVE total that I have that I was really disappointed with. I adore the color sensational line. This one still has the great creamy formula that they all have--which is why I still am giving it three lippies. The only thing that disappointed me on this one was the color. I have found that these l/s's are all very, very true to what you see in the tube when you apply them. So far, all the ones I've bought have been what you see is what you get, except for this one! In the tube this is such a gorgeous darker peachy-pink color. I've seen various pictures of people wearing this color and it looks great on everybody. On me, it looks totally orange! I tried it by itself, over gloss, over my lips with foundation over them, everything! I really thought this color would be perfect for my slightly fair skin and green eyes, but apparently it's not. I get bummed out every time I see it sitting in my makeup drawer knowing I want to love it but I just don't. Major bummer. I still love the rest of this line though. Pinkalicious is my HG!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

Perfect 'my lips but better' colour on me. I was searching for a peachy, bright lipstick, something warm based to suit my new red-brown hair. I tried Niagara - good but I would not feel I could pull it off at work and in the day.

Then tried this - it is much cheaper and is the perfect colour for me. Brightens up my whole face and polishes my look while from far away I could not be wearing lipstick.

Perfect with Nars Orgasm blush.

Not usually a Maybelline fan in general but after reading the reviews here of this color (I have been searching for a great coral/peach/pink) decided to buy at Walgreens. Wow! I am ready to throw all my other colors out as this is the most lovely youthful lipstick I have worn in YEARS!! Love it! Will be looking for other brands in this color family. Consistency is good for a drugstore lipstick but the real beauty here is the color...just soooo pretty.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Love this color. It is a pretty medium peach that is not too bright or too light...it is perfect. I am tanned and it really brightens up my face. I find I reach for this often. Would look good on a lot of people I think, from pale to dark.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I usually strongly dislike drugstore lippies, but this line is the exception. Park Ave. Peach is a lovely, bold but not obnoxious, pinky peach. It really brightens up my olive complexion. I have a difficult time with peach shades - many are too orange or too brown, but this is gorgeous! Love the formula, too. A teeny bit drying on me (though I tend towards dry lips, so YMMV) but these are so long-lasting they're worth it. Oh, and it has no detectable flavor (just a mild vanilla smell at application). I also own Red Revival (perfect red for nearly any skin tone) and Hooked on Pink. These are a steal and I plan to get a couple more.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

These Maybelline Color Sensational l/s are my latest obsession. So far, I think this is one of my favorite! It is a gorgeous peachy coral shade, but it's not a super bright or bold in your face kind of color. It warms up and wakes up my NC30-35 skin tone. It's easy to apply and feels very plush on my lips. Overall, this is a fantastic lippie!