Maybelline New York Color Sensational - Park Ave. Peach

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

This color is so pretty!!! I have mauve/rosey pigmented lips, so I dab a dot of concealer (or more recently I discover Claudia Stevens lip fix mix) to get a neutral base, then I apply this color and is oh so perfectly orange, coral peachy, it gives radiance to my skintone and I love the way it photographs.

Very pretty but a tiny bit too light in colour for me. If you are looking for a dupe for Revlon Superlustrous Coralberry, this is pretty much it. I have ticked I won't rebuy because I prefer the Revlon Coralberry, but they really are extremely close. The main differences are the Revlon has better staying power and no taste or fragrance, it's also a little bit more opaque in texture. For the price the Maybelline is decent and I would recommend it for people with lighter colouring than mine which is light olive skin with brown hair and eyes. Probably better on blondes, blue eyed brunettes or people with darker olive skins that look good with pale lipstick.

Before I review about this shade, please be aware ladies: be sure to check your tube before buying it! If it's lumpy GET ANOTHER TUBE. I made a mistake of buying one lipstick in a different color (cant remember which one, perhaps Hook On Pink?) without checking the condition of the product. When I went home to try it on there were lumps on the exterior of the lipstick. At first I thought it was air bubbles but as I swiped more of the lipstick on WHITE clumps appeared! I believed it was talc that wasn't thoroughly mixed in! When I smooshed the lipstick to see how much more talc was in it I was horrified. At least half the product was made up of the unmixed talc! I took a picture and complained to Maybelline and they sent me a coupon to buy another one for free.

I took my chances, CHECKED THE TUBE this time and bought one in this color. Anyhow, I find this a lovely warm-peachy-pink color that complimented my skin tone really well and helped 'bring life' to my face on days that I look like a zombie. It glides on your lips if you have applied chapstick beforehand. I find that it sort of 'clumps' with my dried flakes when I don't. The product itself is drying at times. I'm on the fence about buying this again, but for the color itself I'll put a yes for now.

And please DO CHECK your lipstick prior to purchasing.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I saw this mentioned on youtube as a dupe for MAC's See Sheer, a lipstick I'd be lemming for a while - I wanted something to pair with NARS Orgasm blush and I didn't really own anything that worked. And Maybelline's is about half the price - isn't it lovely when that happens? I'm neutral to cool-toned, I use MAC products in NC20, so I wasn't sure this would work on me, since it's very peach, but I was pleasantly surprised. This colour really brightens up my face. It's just bright enough without looking garish. The only things I would change is the fragrance - yuck! I've heard that some of the CS lipsticks smell like vanilla and others smell like playdough. I definitely got a playdough : ( And the texture/finish is drying on my lips. I layer this over balm and am going to have to start wearing a layer of balm over top or a moisturizing gloss b/c when this lipstick sets, it definitely makes my lips look dry and a bit yucky. But it's worth it, for the colour and the price. : )

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I'm not "in love" with this lipstick (not exactly sure why), but there are elements about it that I really, really like.
Pros:
-- It is extremely creamy and smooth and literally "glides" over my lips(especially if you pre-apply chapstick).
-- The formula is not sticky or drying and has a matte finish (unless I pre-apply plenty of chapstick, in which it might look a little bit shiny).
-- The color is natural enough to wear for everyday (a darker peach hue) and is true to the label.
-- I like the perfumey/sweet smell of this lipstick and the packaging is functional.

I think the reason why I'm not completely "in love" with this lipstick is because it doesn't have a "wow-factor" that makes me want to wear it all the time or on special occaisions.

Thank you reviewers at MUA for such a great rec! I was at CVS and they had BOGO 50% - I had wanted to get the Mousse Concealer, and remembered coming across positive reviews for this lippie, so threw it in the basket. This was definitely the better purchase - the color and texture has been described perfectly already, beautiful coral/peach with pink undertones, with no weird muddiness and not obnoxious, just fresh looking. Completely brightens up my whole face (NC 20-25 with yellow undertone) and perfect perfect perfect for summer! I will be reaching for this often!

This is the only CS lipstick I own out of the TWELVE total that I have that I was really disappointed with. I adore the color sensational line. This one still has the great creamy formula that they all have--which is why I still am giving it three lippies. The only thing that disappointed me on this one was the color. I have found that these l/s's are all very, very true to what you see in the tube when you apply them. So far, all the ones I've bought have been what you see is what you get, except for this one! In the tube this is such a gorgeous darker peachy-pink color. I've seen various pictures of people wearing this color and it looks great on everybody. On me, it looks totally orange! I tried it by itself, over gloss, over my lips with foundation over them, everything! I really thought this color would be perfect for my slightly fair skin and green eyes, but apparently it's not. I get bummed out every time I see it sitting in my makeup drawer knowing I want to love it but I just don't. Major bummer. I still love the rest of this line though. Pinkalicious is my HG!!

Park Ave. Peach is my go to lipstick whenever I don't know what lipstick to wear for the day because it goes with everything really. It's a peachy/ pinky/ corally shade that is just bright enough to liven up your face but isn't too out there that it will clash if ever you want to focus on your eye makeup.

I think I've found my HG coral/red lipstick. I love the color sensational line from maybelline, and among my other favorites from this range are totally toffee, pink please, and hooked on pink. Park ave peach is a warm peach color with red undertones (no shimmer at all), and what you see in the tube is what you'll get on your lips. The texture is smooth and creamy, not drying, and the color is very buildable. I really recommend this lipstick for spring and summer time. Corals and peaches are very popular this season! This particular shade makes your lips appear very...juicy...lol if you know what I mean.

I have been interested in Maybelline Color Sensational for a long time but haven't found a shade I wanted. I read reviews on this shade (thanks ladies!) and went out and bought it today. My friend said it looked too dark in the tube but I brought it home anyways. After trying this, I want to throw all my other lippies out! It is the best lip shade I have found for me. It brightens my face but still looks natural. Many other lippies make my NC20 skin look either disgustingly green, ruddy, or ghastly pale. This peach has a touch of brown (so it looks MLBB) and a pop of orange/pink so it's coral more than pure peach. I actually love the classic "lipstick" smell which this smells like. It glides on with a satin-y smooth finish, doesn't have a taste and lasts long enough. Love it! My favourite lip combo is this with Mac Smile on top.