Maybelline Color Sensational - Park Ave. Peach

Filtered by skin type : Combination

4.5

This color is so pretty!!! I have mauve/rosey pigmented lips, so I dab a dot of concealer (or more recently I discover Claudia Stevens lip fix mix) to get a neutral base, then I apply this color and is oh so perfectly orange, coral peachy, it gives radiance to my skintone and I love the way it photographs.

Very pretty but a tiny bit too light in colour for me. If you are looking for a dupe for Revlon Superlustrous Coralberry, this is pretty much it. I have ticked I won't rebuy because I prefer the Revlon Coralberry, but they really are extremely close. The main differences are the Revlon has better staying power and no taste or fragrance, it's also a little bit more opaque in texture. For the price the Maybelline is decent and I would recommend it for people with lighter colouring than mine which is light olive skin with brown hair and eyes. Probably better on blondes, blue eyed brunettes or people with darker olive skins that look good with pale lipstick.

More of a coral than a peach, despite the name. I suppose it could be described as a muted coral or a dark peach, or a bridge between stereotypical peach lipsticks and coral. At first, I found this to be too blah of a coral at best or a MLBW (my lips but worse) at worst. But after revisiting it in my lipstick stash while trying to clean it out, I've decided it suits me (ha, if you look at my last few reviews on Color Sensational lipsticks you can tell I'm not as good at purging lipsticks as I'd like to be). I think it could suit many skin tones and is a potential (on-the-orangey-side-of-)MLBB for many. Or it could be the perfect coral for those who are scared of brighter and/or darker coral lipsticks. And, like another reviewer, I love the name!*

*though, of course, I don't endorse buying lipstick or any other product for the name, no matter how unique or kooky or classy or edgy or [insert miscellaneous marketing images here] it makes the product sound - unless you'd have also been attracted to the color had it been named something like "#11." I'm convinced that's how some (cough, Urban Decay) make half their money, but that's another story.

[It has the shortcomings of the Color Sensational line. I prefer no scent or the fragrance of L'Oreal lipsticks to the "play doh" smell of Color Sensational, and they apparently go rancid faster than other drugstore lipsticks (see reviews). But this line has some colors not found elsewhere and is fine when not rancid.]

Before I review about this shade, please be aware ladies: be sure to check your tube before buying it! If it's lumpy GET ANOTHER TUBE. I made a mistake of buying one lipstick in a different color (cant remember which one, perhaps Hook On Pink?) without checking the condition of the product. When I went home to try it on there were lumps on the exterior of the lipstick. At first I thought it was air bubbles but as I swiped more of the lipstick on WHITE clumps appeared! I believed it was talc that wasn't thoroughly mixed in! When I smooshed the lipstick to see how much more talc was in it I was horrified. At least half the product was made up of the unmixed talc! I took a picture and complained to Maybelline and they sent me a coupon to buy another one for free.

I took my chances, CHECKED THE TUBE this time and bought one in this color. Anyhow, I find this a lovely warm-peachy-pink color that complimented my skin tone really well and helped 'bring life' to my face on days that I look like a zombie. It glides on your lips if you have applied chapstick beforehand. I find that it sort of 'clumps' with my dried flakes when I don't. The product itself is drying at times. I'm on the fence about buying this again, but for the color itself I'll put a yes for now.

And please DO CHECK your lipstick prior to purchasing.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Great color! A true medium to dark peach with no shimmer. Lipstick formulation is pretty standard - opaque and on the thick side - but can be thinned out by wearing a balm or thin gloss underneath. No discernible scent but comfort in wear is greatly increased by using a lip balm first. I spent months searching for a summer lip color that would look good against gradually tanned skin (I'm a very light olive skinned Latina) without any hint of brown. Because the color is so perfect, I have since gone back and stocked up on this color and am planning on making my own colored gloss version of this by melting and mixing it with Vaseline.

Park Ave. Peach is my go to lipstick whenever I don't know what lipstick to wear for the day because it goes with everything really. It's a peachy/ pinky/ corally shade that is just bright enough to liven up your face but isn't too out there that it will clash if ever you want to focus on your eye makeup.

I think I've found my HG coral/red lipstick. I love the color sensational line from maybelline, and among my other favorites from this range are totally toffee, pink please, and hooked on pink. Park ave peach is a warm peach color with red undertones (no shimmer at all), and what you see in the tube is what you'll get on your lips. The texture is smooth and creamy, not drying, and the color is very buildable. I really recommend this lipstick for spring and summer time. Corals and peaches are very popular this season! This particular shade makes your lips appear very...juicy...lol if you know what I mean.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love the formula of CS but most of the shades have been a disappointment for me. Park Ave Peach is one of the winners. It's warm (but not overly so) punchy peach/red/coral with enough pink to make it wearable and not OTT. It's very sophisticated and grown up. I've never seen a peach shade like it, and believe me, I hoard some lip products. Lasting power is great, no weird taste, slight Play Doh-ish smell, but it doesn't bother me and wears off quickly. Love it, and totally recommend it.

Warm peachy/pink, soo light on the lips!! Has a slight scent. I'm around NC 20 and this looks great on me! A good choice if you find most lighter pinks look wrong or make you look washed out. I normally buy Revlon lippies but I just maybe have to pick up more of these, I can't belive how light this feels!

Not usually a Maybelline fan in general but after reading the reviews here of this color (I have been searching for a great coral/peach/pink) decided to buy at Walgreens. Wow! I am ready to throw all my other colors out as this is the most lovely youthful lipstick I have worn in YEARS!! Love it! Will be looking for other brands in this color family. Consistency is good for a drugstore lipstick but the real beauty here is the color...just soooo pretty.