Maybelline Color Sensational - Park Ave. Peach

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

Admittedly I only bought this lipstick because I'm on a low-buy this month and it's a really excellent dupe for MAC See Sheer, a shade I've been lusting after for ages to suit my red hair and pale cool-toned skin.

I couldn't find this shade in Superdrug or Boots, but I found it on both Ebay and Amazon for a few pounds. And for my first Maybelline lipstick, it was a pleasant surprise! The formula is also quite similar to MAC Cremesheen, creamy and not very drying at all, but I'd still recommend applying a lip balm a while before application if you're prone to dry lips. If you're not used to applying lipstick often, the more pointed end makes precise application that little bit easier. The packaging isn't anything to get too excited about, but the stand-out dark red clear plastic and silver tube makes it easy to spot this product amongst my lipstick collection.

The colour is a wonderfully wearable light coral-y red - it can be layered for more impact, but if you're looking for a suit-all everyday coral that isn't too bright, this is one to try. And for the low price it can't really be beaten, even if you have to order online! I've already ordered another, so I have one in my bag and one at home. Definitely worth a try for anyone who's interested!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Park Ave Peach is the perfect dark peach or reddish coral color for light skin. It is extremely flattering on me and it has a creamy feel. The color lasts about 3-4 hours. I think this color looks great with my blonde hair. It looks warm and rich and will be a great summer lipstick.

More of a coral than a peach, despite the name. I suppose it could be described as a muted coral or a dark peach, or a bridge between stereotypical peach lipsticks and coral. At first, I found this to be too blah of a coral at best or a MLBW (my lips but worse) at worst. But after revisiting it in my lipstick stash while trying to clean it out, I've decided it suits me (ha, if you look at my last few reviews on Color Sensational lipsticks you can tell I'm not as good at purging lipsticks as I'd like to be). I think it could suit many skin tones and is a potential (on-the-orangey-side-of-)MLBB for many. Or it could be the perfect coral for those who are scared of brighter and/or darker coral lipsticks. And, like another reviewer, I love the name!*

*though, of course, I don't endorse buying lipstick or any other product for the name, no matter how unique or kooky or classy or edgy or [insert miscellaneous marketing images here] it makes the product sound - unless you'd have also been attracted to the color had it been named something like "#11." I'm convinced that's how some (cough, Urban Decay) make half their money, but that's another story.

[It has the shortcomings of the Color Sensational line. I prefer no scent or the fragrance of L'Oreal lipsticks to the "play doh" smell of Color Sensational, and they apparently go rancid faster than other drugstore lipsticks (see reviews). But this line has some colors not found elsewhere and is fine when not rancid.]

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

NC20-ish w/neutral/olive undertones. This has become my everyday go-to color. I would describe it as a tomato red. There are no brown or muddy undertones just a clear peachy toned red. It can be full blown brightness or adjusted easily with gloss for a more understated look. I am looking to hoard this if I could only find more.
Pairs awesomely with Milani Mai-Tai blush. Gives a fabulous healthly look for summer.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is my favorite lipstick out of all of the CS lippies! It is the perfect red, that is pigmented enough, but not overwhelming. It's super creamy, and does have nice staying power. This is my go to red lipstick for theater! BEST drugstore red lipstick!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love the formula of CS but most of the shades have been a disappointment for me. Park Ave Peach is one of the winners. It's warm (but not overly so) punchy peach/red/coral with enough pink to make it wearable and not OTT. It's very sophisticated and grown up. I've never seen a peach shade like it, and believe me, I hoard some lip products. Lasting power is great, no weird taste, slight Play Doh-ish smell, but it doesn't bother me and wears off quickly. Love it, and totally recommend it.

Warm peachy/pink, soo light on the lips!! Has a slight scent. I'm around NC 20 and this looks great on me! A good choice if you find most lighter pinks look wrong or make you look washed out. I normally buy Revlon lippies but I just maybe have to pick up more of these, I can't belive how light this feels!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a grown-up, lady-who-lunches coral that looks HE - I'm very pleased with this drugstore lipstick. Love the smooth texture and wearable shade - I've never looked good in corals, but since I dyed my hair red, I've been experimenting with warmer colors, and, to echo other reviewers, this one has just enough pinky-nude in it to light up my super-pale, yellow-toned skin.

Edit: Took off one lippie because, after wearing it for a few weeks, I've found it to be slightly drying. I definitely recommend wearing balm underneath.

totally agree with everyone else. im a pale, cool-toned brunette and this shows up as a pretty, non-shimmery pinky-peach. application is very smooth and even and it feels comfortable and moisturizing.

a lot of peachy colors ive tried have been too warm/orange-y for me, but this has the perfect amount of pink to brighten up my complexion. the finish is not matte, but also not super shiny-it just makes your lips look soft and healthy. i definitely plan on picking up more of these.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this! I totally bought this product not as a lipstick, but as a creme blush. It comes up as the cutest peachy shade which shows up perfectly on my NC20 skin. I swipe my ELF Foundation Brush across is and tap it along my cheekbones just for the right highlight. It lasts much longer than powder blush as well. :]