Maybelline Color Sensational - Park Ave. Peach

4.6

I love this lipstick. It's the perfect coral peach for my lips. The texture is so creamy it feels like lip balm instead of lipstick. I don't care about the staying power because in my book lipsticks are not supposed to stay on forever. It wears off pretty evenly which I love.

After a few use, I noticed my lips are starting to get really dry and peel. Hmm....I am not sure if I will be purchasing more shades. I might just stick to the moisture extreme line because they are super moisturing and feels good on my lips. Oh, and it smells like playdooh which is really annoying on my lips.

This is the only CS lipstick I own out of the TWELVE total that I have that I was really disappointed with. I adore the color sensational line. This one still has the great creamy formula that they all have--which is why I still am giving it three lippies. The only thing that disappointed me on this one was the color. I have found that these l/s's are all very, very true to what you see in the tube when you apply them. So far, all the ones I've bought have been what you see is what you get, except for this one! In the tube this is such a gorgeous darker peachy-pink color. I've seen various pictures of people wearing this color and it looks great on everybody. On me, it looks totally orange! I tried it by itself, over gloss, over my lips with foundation over them, everything! I really thought this color would be perfect for my slightly fair skin and green eyes, but apparently it's not. I get bummed out every time I see it sitting in my makeup drawer knowing I want to love it but I just don't. Major bummer. I still love the rest of this line though. Pinkalicious is my HG!!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

park ave. Peach is a dark peach with a little bit of shimmer.it shines a little bit,last long,creamy. Verry nice with any bronzy look!goes well with :nude,brown,brown/gold,beige/brown,purple,peach,black eye shadows!love it!

Very pretty but a tiny bit too light in colour for me. If you are looking for a dupe for Revlon Superlustrous Coralberry, this is pretty much it. I have ticked I won't rebuy because I prefer the Revlon Coralberry, but they really are extremely close. The main differences are the Revlon has better staying power and no taste or fragrance, it's also a little bit more opaque in texture. For the price the Maybelline is decent and I would recommend it for people with lighter colouring than mine which is light olive skin with brown hair and eyes. Probably better on blondes, blue eyed brunettes or people with darker olive skins that look good with pale lipstick.

More of a coral than a peach, despite the name. I suppose it could be described as a muted coral or a dark peach, or a bridge between stereotypical peach lipsticks and coral. At first, I found this to be too blah of a coral at best or a MLBW (my lips but worse) at worst. But after revisiting it in my lipstick stash while trying to clean it out, I've decided it suits me (ha, if you look at my last few reviews on Color Sensational lipsticks you can tell I'm not as good at purging lipsticks as I'd like to be). I think it could suit many skin tones and is a potential (on-the-orangey-side-of-)MLBB for many. Or it could be the perfect coral for those who are scared of brighter and/or darker coral lipsticks. And, like another reviewer, I love the name!*

*though, of course, I don't endorse buying lipstick or any other product for the name, no matter how unique or kooky or classy or edgy or [insert miscellaneous marketing images here] it makes the product sound - unless you'd have also been attracted to the color had it been named something like "#11." I'm convinced that's how some (cough, Urban Decay) make half their money, but that's another story.

[It has the shortcomings of the Color Sensational line. I prefer no scent or the fragrance of L'Oreal lipsticks to the "play doh" smell of Color Sensational, and they apparently go rancid faster than other drugstore lipsticks (see reviews). But this line has some colors not found elsewhere and is fine when not rancid.]

Before I review about this shade, please be aware ladies: be sure to check your tube before buying it! If it's lumpy GET ANOTHER TUBE. I made a mistake of buying one lipstick in a different color (cant remember which one, perhaps Hook On Pink?) without checking the condition of the product. When I went home to try it on there were lumps on the exterior of the lipstick. At first I thought it was air bubbles but as I swiped more of the lipstick on WHITE clumps appeared! I believed it was talc that wasn't thoroughly mixed in! When I smooshed the lipstick to see how much more talc was in it I was horrified. At least half the product was made up of the unmixed talc! I took a picture and complained to Maybelline and they sent me a coupon to buy another one for free.

I took my chances, CHECKED THE TUBE this time and bought one in this color. Anyhow, I find this a lovely warm-peachy-pink color that complimented my skin tone really well and helped 'bring life' to my face on days that I look like a zombie. It glides on your lips if you have applied chapstick beforehand. I find that it sort of 'clumps' with my dried flakes when I don't. The product itself is drying at times. I'm on the fence about buying this again, but for the color itself I'll put a yes for now.

And please DO CHECK your lipstick prior to purchasing.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I saw this mentioned on youtube as a dupe for MAC's See Sheer, a lipstick I'd be lemming for a while - I wanted something to pair with NARS Orgasm blush and I didn't really own anything that worked. And Maybelline's is about half the price - isn't it lovely when that happens? I'm neutral to cool-toned, I use MAC products in NC20, so I wasn't sure this would work on me, since it's very peach, but I was pleasantly surprised. This colour really brightens up my face. It's just bright enough without looking garish. The only things I would change is the fragrance - yuck! I've heard that some of the CS lipsticks smell like vanilla and others smell like playdough. I definitely got a playdough : ( And the texture/finish is drying on my lips. I layer this over balm and am going to have to start wearing a layer of balm over top or a moisturizing gloss b/c when this lipstick sets, it definitely makes my lips look dry and a bit yucky. But it's worth it, for the colour and the price. : )

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Quite like this product. Pros: Nice color, nice application, matte finish, cute packaging, good amount of product. Cons: A tiny bit $$ for what I'm used to at DS, the smell...wtf is that, and sometimes i feel like it's a bit drying. But I would recommend.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I'm not "in love" with this lipstick (not exactly sure why), but there are elements about it that I really, really like.
Pros:
-- It is extremely creamy and smooth and literally "glides" over my lips(especially if you pre-apply chapstick).
-- The formula is not sticky or drying and has a matte finish (unless I pre-apply plenty of chapstick, in which it might look a little bit shiny).
-- The color is natural enough to wear for everyday (a darker peach hue) and is true to the label.
-- I like the perfumey/sweet smell of this lipstick and the packaging is functional.

I think the reason why I'm not completely "in love" with this lipstick is because it doesn't have a "wow-factor" that makes me want to wear it all the time or on special occaisions.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Great color! A true medium to dark peach with no shimmer. Lipstick formulation is pretty standard - opaque and on the thick side - but can be thinned out by wearing a balm or thin gloss underneath. No discernible scent but comfort in wear is greatly increased by using a lip balm first. I spent months searching for a summer lip color that would look good against gradually tanned skin (I'm a very light olive skinned Latina) without any hint of brown. Because the color is so perfect, I have since gone back and stocked up on this color and am planning on making my own colored gloss version of this by melting and mixing it with Vaseline.