Maybelline New York Color Sensational - Park Ave. Peach

4.6

This one surprised me! I am in love. This color just lights up my face without being too bright or clownish. Its a beautiful non-shimmery corally peach color that would work on most warm-toned women I think. The wear seems good and it feels so good on the lips. I am stocking up on this baby! (In the photos I added this color is the one on the far left. Other colors from left to right are My Mahogany, Warm & Cozy and Born With it.)

totally agree with everyone else. im a pale, cool-toned brunette and this shows up as a pretty, non-shimmery pinky-peach. application is very smooth and even and it feels comfortable and moisturizing.

a lot of peachy colors ive tried have been too warm/orange-y for me, but this has the perfect amount of pink to brighten up my complexion. the finish is not matte, but also not super shiny-it just makes your lips look soft and healthy. i definitely plan on picking up more of these.

Very pretty but a tiny bit too light in colour for me. If you are looking for a dupe for Revlon Superlustrous Coralberry, this is pretty much it. I have ticked I won't rebuy because I prefer the Revlon Coralberry, but they really are extremely close. The main differences are the Revlon has better staying power and no taste or fragrance, it's also a little bit more opaque in texture. For the price the Maybelline is decent and I would recommend it for people with lighter colouring than mine which is light olive skin with brown hair and eyes. Probably better on blondes, blue eyed brunettes or people with darker olive skins that look good with pale lipstick.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love the formula of CS but most of the shades have been a disappointment for me. Park Ave Peach is one of the winners. It's warm (but not overly so) punchy peach/red/coral with enough pink to make it wearable and not OTT. It's very sophisticated and grown up. I've never seen a peach shade like it, and believe me, I hoard some lip products. Lasting power is great, no weird taste, slight Play Doh-ish smell, but it doesn't bother me and wears off quickly. Love it, and totally recommend it.

More of a coral than a peach, despite the name. I suppose it could be described as a muted coral or a dark peach, or a bridge between stereotypical peach lipsticks and coral. At first, I found this to be too blah of a coral at best or a MLBW (my lips but worse) at worst. But after revisiting it in my lipstick stash while trying to clean it out, I've decided it suits me (ha, if you look at my last few reviews on Color Sensational lipsticks you can tell I'm not as good at purging lipsticks as I'd like to be). I think it could suit many skin tones and is a potential (on-the-orangey-side-of-)MLBB for many. Or it could be the perfect coral for those who are scared of brighter and/or darker coral lipsticks. And, like another reviewer, I love the name!*

*though, of course, I don't endorse buying lipstick or any other product for the name, no matter how unique or kooky or classy or edgy or [insert miscellaneous marketing images here] it makes the product sound - unless you'd have also been attracted to the color had it been named something like "#11." I'm convinced that's how some (cough, Urban Decay) make half their money, but that's another story.

[It has the shortcomings of the Color Sensational line. I prefer no scent or the fragrance of L'Oreal lipsticks to the "play doh" smell of Color Sensational, and they apparently go rancid faster than other drugstore lipsticks (see reviews). But this line has some colors not found elsewhere and is fine when not rancid.]

Before I review about this shade, please be aware ladies: be sure to check your tube before buying it! If it's lumpy GET ANOTHER TUBE. I made a mistake of buying one lipstick in a different color (cant remember which one, perhaps Hook On Pink?) without checking the condition of the product. When I went home to try it on there were lumps on the exterior of the lipstick. At first I thought it was air bubbles but as I swiped more of the lipstick on WHITE clumps appeared! I believed it was talc that wasn't thoroughly mixed in! When I smooshed the lipstick to see how much more talc was in it I was horrified. At least half the product was made up of the unmixed talc! I took a picture and complained to Maybelline and they sent me a coupon to buy another one for free.

I took my chances, CHECKED THE TUBE this time and bought one in this color. Anyhow, I find this a lovely warm-peachy-pink color that complimented my skin tone really well and helped 'bring life' to my face on days that I look like a zombie. It glides on your lips if you have applied chapstick beforehand. I find that it sort of 'clumps' with my dried flakes when I don't. The product itself is drying at times. I'm on the fence about buying this again, but for the color itself I'll put a yes for now.

And please DO CHECK your lipstick prior to purchasing.

Thank you reviewers at MUA for such a great rec! I was at CVS and they had BOGO 50% - I had wanted to get the Mousse Concealer, and remembered coming across positive reviews for this lippie, so threw it in the basket. This was definitely the better purchase - the color and texture has been described perfectly already, beautiful coral/peach with pink undertones, with no weird muddiness and not obnoxious, just fresh looking. Completely brightens up my whole face (NC 20-25 with yellow undertone) and perfect perfect perfect for summer! I will be reaching for this often!

I have been interested in Maybelline Color Sensational for a long time but haven't found a shade I wanted. I read reviews on this shade (thanks ladies!) and went out and bought it today. My friend said it looked too dark in the tube but I brought it home anyways. After trying this, I want to throw all my other lippies out! It is the best lip shade I have found for me. It brightens my face but still looks natural. Many other lippies make my NC20 skin look either disgustingly green, ruddy, or ghastly pale. This peach has a touch of brown (so it looks MLBB) and a pop of orange/pink so it's coral more than pure peach. I actually love the classic "lipstick" smell which this smells like. It glides on with a satin-y smooth finish, doesn't have a taste and lasts long enough. Love it! My favourite lip combo is this with Mac Smile on top.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

Perfect 'my lips but better' colour on me. I was searching for a peachy, bright lipstick, something warm based to suit my new red-brown hair. I tried Niagara - good but I would not feel I could pull it off at work and in the day.

Then tried this - it is much cheaper and is the perfect colour for me. Brightens up my whole face and polishes my look while from far away I could not be wearing lipstick.

Perfect with Nars Orgasm blush.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a grown-up, lady-who-lunches coral that looks HE - I'm very pleased with this drugstore lipstick. Love the smooth texture and wearable shade - I've never looked good in corals, but since I dyed my hair red, I've been experimenting with warmer colors, and, to echo other reviewers, this one has just enough pinky-nude in it to light up my super-pale, yellow-toned skin.

Edit: Took off one lippie because, after wearing it for a few weeks, I've found it to be slightly drying. I definitely recommend wearing balm underneath.