Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

4.3

This has been one of my hg lipsticks for a few years now. Ive already repurchased it 3 times. It's the perfect pink/brown toned nude that adds a nice color. Applies smooth like butter and lasts a decently long amount of time. If you can get this on sale definitely pick up a few because they're totally worth it.

on 11/10/2013 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I feel like good nude lipsticks are impossible to find for NC30-35 skin. I'm pretty pleased with this one, though i don't love it. I feel like the formula is a bit drying, though it does look nice. I don't reach for this often enough to imagine running out of it, but if i did i'm not sure if i'd repurchase or keep searching.
Update 09/14: This has really grown on me. It's still not the perfect nudel, but i will definitely repurchase and have almost used it up. Yay!

on 11/26/2012 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Shade description beige pink

Pros

- pigmented
- long wearing

Cons

- drying

Comments: This is a very MLBB kind of shade. It's a nude with pink and mauve undertones to it. The formula is pretty drying, but it does stay on well. I love pairing this with NYX Mega Shine in Sweet Heart.

Will repurchase.

on 6/14/2012 5:30:00 PM

I just got this and I really like it! At first I thought it was mauve-y, but once I blotted and added a little clear chapstick on top (Babylips in Peppermint) it got a lot pink-er and prettier! What the reviews say is true - very "my lips but better". I will either repurchase this or try L'oreal Fairest Nude.

Great shade of pink, a MLBB shade for sure!!! NC42

on 5/14/2010 10:50:00 PM

I reach for this lipstick all the time. I'm pretty tan so this is a MLBB shade that is warm enough for me and has enough color to it without being too dark. Like the consistency too.

on 10/11/2009 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

Color:
This is a light to medium warm, pinkish beige. It does have a miniscule amount of gold shimmer that isn't visible on your lips. This is close to the color of my lips, perhaps a bit lighter.
Update: On further wear I find this can tend to look a little too warm for my cool-toned skin, which can sometimes make me look drab. I'll probably still work with this and try to wear more saturated jewel-colored eye shadows, not natural or neutral colors with this.

Features:
These smell like a mixture of honey and vanilla to me, or play-doh to my fiance, either way I love the scent, it doesn't smell drying. The lipstick is so creamy and smooth but doesn't smudge outside your lip line, and is quite long-lasting for not being matte. Also very moisturizing, no feathering or settling into little lines in your lips. The finish to this is a creamy, barely shiny healthy look. The non-shimmer colors seem to be true to what is in the packaging. Yeah, I've been collecting these like crazy and would recommend bogos! Also check out Maybelline's site for suggestions on colors for your skintone, so far it has been very useful for me.

on 8/28/2009 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is approaching HG status for me. I don't think this color is unique in the slightest (kind of a warm beiged pink, creamy but no shimmer) but what impresses me so much about these lipsticks is how true the pigments are. W/ the exception of one, all of the five CS lipsticks I have go on exactly the way they look in the tube. I'm super-olive MAC C40 and this is the perfect nude lipcolor, doesn't make me look muddy and doesn't look like foundation w/o being excessively pink. I love how these go on, even the matte colors go on super-smooth and leave your lips looking plump and moist. The length of wear is longer than average but wear doesn't matter much w/ me b/c I don't mind reapplying. Beautiful packaging and the price is right, not to mention a wide array of colors. I love how the packaging is different for each color family, makes it easy to hunt them down in my m/u drawer. Couldn't recommend this line enough AND Walgreens has them on BOGOF right now