Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

4.1

on 5/15/2018 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Warm me up is the perfect MLBB shade of lipstick. It's a neutral rosy pink that takes the lips up just a notch. It's like your lips after you've been kissed. I wouldn't say it's brown or nude. It's not really mauve. It's that allusive lip color that actually looks like lips that we're all looking for. This would work on any number of skin tones. HG. I need to buy a backup tube!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

My nudes are always very pink (or peach) and very little brown. Brown tones look muddy on me at the slightest provocation. So, I was surprised that Warm Me Up is really just a straight up mauve, and not brown enough (?) to register as a nude on me. I think it's also too cool toned, as I'm warm to neutral.

The formula is great - creamy and not drying. The scent is a super artificial perfume-y candy cherry that I don't love. The packaging looks and feels cheap. But it is pretty cheap for being such a nice formula.

on 11/22/2016 8:11:00 AM

this lipstick is a neutral nude pink. it looks more pink on me than I expected it would but I like it none the less. the consistency is nice, it does not feel too heavy and the lasting power is very good. I find myself reaching for this a lot as I find it goes with any look.

on 10/24/2016 6:58:00 PM

Love the color of this lipstick & the slight glossiness. The only thing I don't like about maybelline lipstick is you can feel the pieces of glitter on your lips, very annoying, so I have to put lip balm on under it. It's a great price, less than $5 if you can get a coupon/sale

on 1/12/2016 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was just about to give up trying drugstore lipsticks, tired of the trial-and-error of buying lipsticks that never seemed to work. Then I came across Warm Me Up, which is grouped with the 'Natural' colors. However, I don't find it to be warm toned or nude at all, but more of a neutral pink, leaning more cool than warm. (It is similar to MAC Brave but is slightly lighter and has more of a sheen. Brave is more opaque and can look a bit flat and dry on the lips.)

The only reason I'm not giving it 5 lippies is because it's just slightly too light in color for me, I need to use a darker lip pencil to give it some depth and keep it from looking too washed out.

on 11/11/2015 11:25:00 PM

This lipstick was everything I wanted all of the other mauvey brown lipsticks to be. I got this because I read the color was similar to Nyx Butter Lipstick in the shade Pops which i also love but leans slightly more brown on me, however the formula for Nyxs version is so slippery and smudgy that I felt it wasn't really worth trying to find another one (Nyx is hard to find in Canada) after mine broke. This formula is fantastic. It goes on very buttery but has a great staying power on the lips for such a moisturizing formula. It will however transfer easily to a straw or glass but that is quite common with lipsticks to me. I can set it by placing a thin bit of tissue over it and pressing some translucent powder on it which helps but also mattifies.

The color is a little bit darker than my own lips and more mauve than brown. Its a great color which doesn't really seem particularly warm or cool on my ghost white skin. It reads very neutral but very polished. I like it best with a cool taupe eye look.

My biggest regret however is that this formula has a scent that is, to me, the definition of "old lady lipstick smell". Its like sweetened playdough and takes a while to go away. Not a fan at all. But this color is a great every day shade for fall and winter and it fades gracefully after about three hours so all in all this is a drugstore keeper.

on 11/22/2014 11:08:00 AM

I have almost no natural pigment in my lips, so I have to be careful with my lipstick selections. For me, there is no such thing as MLBB. This lipstick really doesn't look great on me. It's too pink, and too light, and without blending it with a dark lipliner, washes me out.

on 6/21/2014 10:58:00 PM

This is my favorite color lipstick. I'm NW20. It feels great going on and had just enough sheen to it. My only problem is that it doesn't wear very long. I usually don't bother with liner, but that might help. It's definitely MLBB, pinkish brown. It doesn't wash me out at all.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Yes I fell for the hype and had to try this product. My skin is NW 5, and this was really orangy on me. The smell seemed like a mix of perfume and chemicals and was very unpleasant. The other reviewer was right, after a few months the smell got even worse like it had turned already. I tried several times to wear this; with different clothing, different blush and eye-shadow, over different color lip liners, and I just couldn't get it to work for me.
Perhaps if you have a warmer skin tone it would look better, but I think for the price you can get a better quality product.

on 8/9/2011 9:45:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This lipstick, I think, and have logically deduced from the name of it and my own experience with it, is that it's for warm skinned people only. Possibly neutral skinned persons could pull it off, but it's definitely a shade that compliments warmer toned persons.

I love this lipstick. It's perfect. And I don't say that about many products.

This lipstick is hard to pin down as far as its exact color goes. What is the color of it? Its a mauvepinkredpurplebrown. Did that help you get an idea? I'm sure it didn't. And good luck looking for internet swatches to help you determine what this shade is. You'll get the same non-answer, via images, that won't be helpful in determining what exactly this shade is.

I'ts quite bizarre. Sometimes it looks baby pink, sometimes mauve, sometimes brown, sometime purplish (undertone wise), sometimes reddish. It really is peculiar.
But I'm quite warm-toned, so this shade is loved not so much for its color, per se, but for the fact that it's so flattering. It makes your teeth look whiter (due to the purple tones) but doesn't make your lips look like those of a corpse; it makes you look more youthful and makes green eyes POP (due to the baby pink tones); it makes you look sun kissed (due to the red-brown tones).

It's a peculiar lipstick, indeed. And I love it. And if the color is not enough, lets move on to the texture, finish, and staying power.

This is a creamy lipstick. It feels as good, and light, and as moisturizing as chap-stick. It's not awkward where you're afraid to press your lips together for fear of making a mess around your mouth, it's rather goof-proof.

There is no glitter or shimmer or glossiness. But it's not matte.

Color lasts approximately 4 hours. It does leave color on drinking glasses and cigarettes. But regardless, the color still has very good adherence to your lips that you can go 4 hours without reapplying.

I have nothing but good things to say about this lipstick. It's the best I've ever used, and I think everyone who has warm skin should get it. It's a great everyday lipstick.