Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

4.1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this based on the reviews but it is mauve on me. Not a neutral as i expected but a purplish pinkish color at least on my lips. Very disappointed. Was expecting a go-to color that would go with everything. This is not it.

on 5/13/2018 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Maybelline lipsticks are grouped in shade by the color of the outside case. So with a name like Warm me Up in a brown case one would expect a warm pink, however, not so. Upon reading the reviews here I thought this just might be the perfect pink I have spent a lifetime searching for. And it is <3.

Creamy formula, a slight gloss. Cool leaning, not too light nor too dark, not a Barbie pink, nor too mauve. No brown registers on me which is a guarantee to wash me out when paired with pink. Just a face wakening yet unobtrusive pink. Bonus, makes teeth appear whiter too. Love it.

This is a great color to compliment my NW25 skin. It’s a little on the pink side, but still very neutral. Texture is creamy and it feels moisturizing. I would definitely buy again.

I like this color. Nice warmish pink with a bit of brown. It does brighten me up and good for work or going out with a darker eye.
Its last about the usual for a lipstick.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I like the formula. It's creamy and lasts. I didn't detect a smell either But this color looked like a nice pinkish brown neutral on my hand at the store. But on my lips, it was odd and unflattering. It was a slightly brownish pinkish color with a whitish and purple undertone. It was just an odd, kind of this color and that color shade. It did not look right on me but I imagine it would look good on the right skin tone.

on 1/10/2013 7:33:00 PM

I love this lipstick shade because its a gorgeous color that gives my face the "Warmth" it needs! Very natural and definitely a MLBB lipstick. However I did find it to be very dry so I try to apply some lip balm underneath to moisturize my lips. Staying power is not amazing, have to reapply a few times.

Shade is very pretty but this lipstick has an odd smell, sort of like the smell of clay, although it doesn't really stay around after you apply it and is taste-free thankfully. However it did irritate my lips a little, so if you are sensitive, this may not be for you. It is very long wearing, but has a fairly dry texture and is not the smoothest or easiest to apply. Overall, I was not a fan.

Love this as a neutral lip. Great at making your lips larger and it is forgiving to use when you decide to line your lips to the very edge and not look fake. The brown pink shades are best for that technique. I am very fair and light blonde and can pull it off and give the oomph I need without looking washed out.

on 6/14/2011 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral

I love this lipstick! The formula is very creamy and rich. Not drying at all. On my lips it looks very creamy and pigmented. It goes on smoothly and does not tug. It's hard to describe but it goes on "thick" but not gloppy or annoying. Just a nice rich coating of beautiful color. The color is great, it's a neutral'ish brown/pink/mauve type color. I found that pairing this color with a brownish/purple eyeshadow color looks great. I have a very warm but light skin tone and bright green eyes and I find that many eye and lip colors look good on me, so I'm not usually very picky on colors. It's the formula that either makes or breaks a product for me. And the formula on this is perfect. It's as good as any high end brand I've tried - and in some cases better. I found this for 40% off at Walgreens, so the price was perfect. The packaging sucks. It is difficult to remove the base from the cover. I have to insert my fingernail between the two and push up, which is very annoying. The base has nothing to grab onto and if you get one with a tight fitting lid, it's a pain. I notice that some of these have loose caps and some are very tight. I would definitely purchase this again!

on 4/6/2011 2:45:00 PM

DUPE ALERT! I LOVE this lipstick! For years I have been using MACs "Brave" lipstick, which is from thier Satin line. "Brave" is the most beautiful, natural, flattering color on myself and anyone else who I've seen try it. The only problem is (as most of you MAC satin wearers might know) that it is VERY drying! It stays put yes, but after a few hours of wearing it, my lips get so dry that they start to peel. So the hunt began. I searched high and low, low end and high end for a MAC "Brave" dupe, and after weeks, and hours spent purchasing and returning colors I stumbled upon Maybelline "Warm Me Up". LOVE IT!