Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

4.1

on 11/23/2017 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Warm Me Up has blue undertones that, against my light-medium, yellow NC20-NC25 coloring, kind of looks late 80s, early 90s pink. I would be open to trying other shades in this line, though! The intensity of the pigment is solid even with just one application, and the texture is creamy. It does have a fragrance, which doesn’t bother me, but the red plastic tube does feel flimsy and cheap.

on 6/18/2014 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Im around mac nc45/revlon rich ginger. This color is seriously mlbb. Its a nudey pink for me. It goes more pink than nude. Its not too light or chalky looking at all. I dont like that it has glitter in it. I cant even see the glitter on but it makes it feel grainy when rubbing it across my lips. I could seriously wear this color and it looks like im not wearing anything. Its almost full overage. I have a darker toned upper lip and it make the upper lip match the bottom lip.

I interchangeably wear this color and pink me up daily. I like them both. They are everyday pinks that can easily be worn by woc.

on 11/10/2013 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I feel like good nude lipsticks are impossible to find for NC30-35 skin. I'm pretty pleased with this one, though i don't love it. I feel like the formula is a bit drying, though it does look nice. I don't reach for this often enough to imagine running out of it, but if i did i'm not sure if i'd repurchase or keep searching.
Update 09/14: This has really grown on me. It's still not the perfect nudel, but i will definitely repurchase and have almost used it up. Yay!

on 9/20/2012 12:46:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

When I tested it on my hand, the color seemed alright. But when I applied it on my lips, it turned out to be a shade lighter than my lips! It also has this strange brownish/dull peach tint which didn't help at making my complexion look brighter. Quite disappointed. Despite its creaminess, it's still pretty dry on my lips.

on 5/25/2012 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Great MLBB color for everyday. Works very beautiful with all looks. Dupe for Mac Brave. My favorite lipstick. NC 37-40

on 3/1/2012 1:44:00 PM

This is a really nice color. It's classified in the "brown" family of the Color Sensational lipsticks, but it's a good MLBB shade that is nude with mauve/rose tones.

It's very pigmented and creamy, though I have not fully tested out an entire day's wear yet and cannot comment on how moisturizing it really is.

The only thing that sort of bugs me is the smell. I think someone described it as the scent of Playdoh, and I have to say that they're absolutely right. It's not that strong, but it's one of those things that really annoys you once you're aware of it.

The packaging is a little disappointing when compared to the L'oreal and Revlon lipsticks. It's a little wider than the Revlon Colorstay lipstick, and the size of it makes it feel chunky even though it's just light plastic. The semi-opaque cap is nothing to shout about, since all the lipsticks in the same color family have the same colored cap, which makes it a bit troublesome to identify individual lipsticks.

I probably wouldn't buy this again unless there's a offer and there are other colors I like. (Good thing that there are so many then.) I prefer my makeup unscented, so the smell is a no-no for me. But other than that, it's a decent drugstore lipstick.

on 11/16/2011 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the perfect neutral, natural, pretty "my lips but better" color. It's a warm, dark pink color with slight beige/brown undertones. It's almost matte, but seems to have a very subtle golden sheen. It's very moisturizing and goes on smooth. This lasted me 6 hours before wearing off. It seems to soak into your lips, the color soaking in as well. It leaves lips feeling soft and moisturized. My only gripe is the ugly packaging - it feels a bit cheap and is a very ugly amber color. However, that complaint is irrelevant compared to the amazing product inside. I will definitely be repurchasing.

on 9/18/2011 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

easy wearable color, slightly nudish pink with some brown. for young and older women for an everyday color

on 12/14/2010 9:07:00 PM

This lipstick is amazing - I was skeptical about getting a Maybelline lipstick because I'm not a big fan of their watershine line or something. I'm not a big fan of glossy lips to be honest. I cracked when I saw how lovely this lipstick looked. The ratings on MUA was off the roof too so I might as well give it a go.

Packaging: I love the packaging! I cannot tell you how shocked I was when I received this in my mailbox (ordered it online). I am not a fan of maybelline's packaging because a lot of their lipsticks have cheap packaging. However, this one is the exception to their long history of bad packaging. It looks luxurious and sleek with that red cover. It looks so much more expensive. It actually reminds me of Dior Lipsticks!

Color: Omg, amazing. It looks so true to the sticker provided at the bottom of the lipstick! I love it! It looks very similar to my lip color but a little warmer and it looks so good on. It's my everyday lip color! It's pigmented and I would say pretty long lasting. They do kind of adhere to the lips rather than just being on the surface of it, if you know what I mean lol. Love the color, nothing bad I can say about it:) Just for reference, I'm about NC25-NC30. It also doesn't dry out my lips!

Over all, I would say this has reached HG status. I truly love this lipstick for it's color, for it's value and for it's lasting power. I would definitely repurchase this when I run out of it!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

MLBB. I use this when I just want to look natural. XD Smooth, creamy, pigmented, smells like cake...love it!