Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

4.6

on 1/18/2013 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I usually have a lot of trouble finding a pink that works for my skin tone (NC35), but this lipstick is perfect. It is a neutral, yellow-based pink that is perfect for everyday wear. There is a slight sheen to the lipstick, but it isn't too shimmery. These lipsticks have a faint Play-Doh smell, which most people find off-putting, but I like. It isn't as moisturizing as I'd like, but if I apply lip balm before hand, I have no problems.

on 3/28/2012 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

I love this lipstick! It's the perfect color for springtime. It's a yellow-based light mauve color. It's like a better version of my natural lip color. It's great paired with a smokey eye, or just if you're going for a natural look. It's perfect for everyday wear at school for me, and it lasts a long time.

on 12/14/2010 9:07:00 PM

This lipstick is amazing - I was skeptical about getting a Maybelline lipstick because I'm not a big fan of their watershine line or something. I'm not a big fan of glossy lips to be honest. I cracked when I saw how lovely this lipstick looked. The ratings on MUA was off the roof too so I might as well give it a go.

Packaging: I love the packaging! I cannot tell you how shocked I was when I received this in my mailbox (ordered it online). I am not a fan of maybelline's packaging because a lot of their lipsticks have cheap packaging. However, this one is the exception to their long history of bad packaging. It looks luxurious and sleek with that red cover. It looks so much more expensive. It actually reminds me of Dior Lipsticks!

Color: Omg, amazing. It looks so true to the sticker provided at the bottom of the lipstick! I love it! It looks very similar to my lip color but a little warmer and it looks so good on. It's my everyday lip color! It's pigmented and I would say pretty long lasting. They do kind of adhere to the lips rather than just being on the surface of it, if you know what I mean lol. Love the color, nothing bad I can say about it:) Just for reference, I'm about NC25-NC30. It also doesn't dry out my lips!

Over all, I would say this has reached HG status. I truly love this lipstick for it's color, for it's value and for it's lasting power. I would definitely repurchase this when I run out of it!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

MLBB. I use this when I just want to look natural. XD Smooth, creamy, pigmented, smells like cake...love it!

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I'm not sure if I got a different lipstick than everyone else, but this isn't exactly a MLBB shade for me. *scratches head* I have NC30-35 asian skin with slight olive undertones and medium pigmented lips, and this lipstick isn't that flattering on me. It's a dark brownish mauve color that doesn't look that great. It has a little bit of pink, but it doesn't match the shade on Temptalia, or the picture in this review. I'm a little bit confused, but I gave it 3 stars since I love how pigmented and creamy these lipsticks are. If I apply this lightly, I can also make this work, but not if I apply it heavily. I'll try to find another one and update this review!