Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

4.2

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this based on the reviews but it is mauve on me. Not a neutral as i expected but a purplish pinkish color at least on my lips. Very disappointed. Was expecting a go-to color that would go with everything. This is not it.

on 5/15/2018 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Warm me up is the perfect MLBB shade of lipstick. It's a neutral rosy pink that takes the lips up just a notch. It's like your lips after you've been kissed. I wouldn't say it's brown or nude. It's not really mauve. It's that allusive lip color that actually looks like lips that we're all looking for. This would work on any number of skin tones. HG. I need to buy a backup tube!

on 4/27/2018 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I love this lip colour. I was on the fence when I bought it thinking it might be too pale for me, but I'm surprised how often I reach for it. It's a lovely MLBB shade for me (soft, brownish pink) that works with all kinds of makeup looks. On my lips, this is a pretty close dupe for Bobbi Brown's Sandwash Pink. It's the lipstick I grab when I want to brighten up my face on a light makeup day. The texture is creamy and covers well. I start with Bobbi Brown lip balm and then a few coats of this, and I still have a stain hours later - for some reason, this formula really lasts on my lips. I have two tubes in reserve in case Maybelline discontinues this shade.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have this stockpiled. This is my favorite MLBB lipstick. The formula is so nice, especially for the price. Glides on and stays.

on 10/24/2016 6:58:00 PM

Love the color of this lipstick & the slight glossiness. The only thing I don't like about maybelline lipstick is you can feel the pieces of glitter on your lips, very annoying, so I have to put lip balm on under it. It's a great price, less than $5 if you can get a coupon/sale

This has been one of my hg lipsticks for a few years now. Ive already repurchased it 3 times. It's the perfect pink/brown toned nude that adds a nice color. Applies smooth like butter and lasts a decently long amount of time. If you can get this on sale definitely pick up a few because they're totally worth it.

on 3/24/2016 1:56:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I've been shopping my makeup stash and pulled out a few Maybelline lippies. This shade is one of the nicer ones. It reminds me of Mac's modesty and especially the cremesheen formula. Very nice. I tried the matte Daringly Nude yesterday and that one is not soo good. Too pale kinda patchy.

on 1/12/2016 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was just about to give up trying drugstore lipsticks, tired of the trial-and-error of buying lipsticks that never seemed to work. Then I came across Warm Me Up, which is grouped with the 'Natural' colors. However, I don't find it to be warm toned or nude at all, but more of a neutral pink, leaning more cool than warm. (It is similar to MAC Brave but is slightly lighter and has more of a sheen. Brave is more opaque and can look a bit flat and dry on the lips.)

The only reason I'm not giving it 5 lippies is because it's just slightly too light in color for me, I need to use a darker lip pencil to give it some depth and keep it from looking too washed out.

on 11/11/2015 11:25:00 PM

This lipstick was everything I wanted all of the other mauvey brown lipsticks to be. I got this because I read the color was similar to Nyx Butter Lipstick in the shade Pops which i also love but leans slightly more brown on me, however the formula for Nyxs version is so slippery and smudgy that I felt it wasn't really worth trying to find another one (Nyx is hard to find in Canada) after mine broke. This formula is fantastic. It goes on very buttery but has a great staying power on the lips for such a moisturizing formula. It will however transfer easily to a straw or glass but that is quite common with lipsticks to me. I can set it by placing a thin bit of tissue over it and pressing some translucent powder on it which helps but also mattifies.

The color is a little bit darker than my own lips and more mauve than brown. Its a great color which doesn't really seem particularly warm or cool on my ghost white skin. It reads very neutral but very polished. I like it best with a cool taupe eye look.

My biggest regret however is that this formula has a scent that is, to me, the definition of "old lady lipstick smell". Its like sweetened playdough and takes a while to go away. Not a fan at all. But this color is a great every day shade for fall and winter and it fades gracefully after about three hours so all in all this is a drugstore keeper.

on 9/1/2015 5:51:00 AM

I didnt want to splurge on Mac`s Brave(you know, the kylie jen craze!!!), so I got this, a dupe. This is one tone lighter than Brave but the finish is the same. Its an opaque /sheer nude brown.

You cant get an exact dupe but close enough. Works for me. On its own its simple looking. Paired with Mac`s Whirl, it`s sophisticated. This is great for everyday /office wear .Its polish looking. I like this.