Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

Filtered by hair type : Other
Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

4.1

Warm Me Up is kinda brown, kinda mauve, and kinda pink - all the same time! This makes it hard to describe (and even capture on camera since you can't see the multi-color aspect) but I agree with the reviews online that it looks a bit like Mac Brave. When swatched on my hand there's a subtle shimmer (much like the popular Maybelline shade Born With It, which has a similar formula to Warm Me Up). But on the lips, you cannot see any hint of glitter, and it has a satin finish. Despite the name, Warm Me Up is actually a neutral color (any hint of warm undertones on my blue toned skin look like garbage on me). The coloring of this shade makes my skin look really alive and vibrant, which is probably what they mean by "Warm" me up.

This is a beautiful medium nude lipstick and great for porcelain skintones like mine!! Its not too brown or pink its pretty neutral in tone. I really like it!! Its very MLBB and great for work,school or going out as it will go with any eye look!!

Great texture and I actually enjoy the smell of maybelline lippies...they also dont have any taste which is a plus!

Woohoo!

This color is a perfect MLBB, nice texture, and it's cheap and readily available in the drugstore. Score!

on 7/5/2015 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this after I read the MUA reviews, and I am so glad I did! I have a hard time with nude lipsticks. I generally look like I am dead. I tried MAC Blankety, Myth, and Velvet Teddy and looked like a zombie! Saw the reviews and decided to try this....perfect HG nude for me! Just enough beige and pink to look natural...and inexpensive too! I actually picked up a back up tube, just in case. I am what is considered "cool to neutral" complexion wise, just for reference. Not in love with the smell of the lipstick, but that is a small price to pay for a great color and a lipstick that leaves lips feeling smooth, not dry!

Love this lipstick! This is a great MLBB on my pigmented lips (but photographs fuschia). Not drying at all for a lippy that's so opaque. The only con is the packaging, bulky and cheap looking which does the lipstick a disservice.

on 1/18/2013 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I usually have a lot of trouble finding a pink that works for my skin tone (NC35), but this lipstick is perfect. It is a neutral, yellow-based pink that is perfect for everyday wear. There is a slight sheen to the lipstick, but it isn't too shimmery. These lipsticks have a faint Play-Doh smell, which most people find off-putting, but I like. It isn't as moisturizing as I'd like, but if I apply lip balm before hand, I have no problems.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Out of the million drugstore lipsticks I own, this is definitely one of my favorites! It's really easy to wear for my skin tone, very flattering and great for everyday. It is a bit drying, so I always add a lip balm before the lipstick and a gloss on top. Lately I've been loving adding the rimmel lip liner in addiction before applying this lipstick. I would buy this again if I ran out.

on 8/12/2012 6:44:00 PM

This is a brownish/pink creme lipstick that leans a bit on the dry side.
This color is a bit too brown/dark for my taste, but I think it's a good, professional/polished color that would flatter a lot of tastes and skin tones.

on 3/1/2012 1:44:00 PM

This is a really nice color. It's classified in the "brown" family of the Color Sensational lipsticks, but it's a good MLBB shade that is nude with mauve/rose tones.

It's very pigmented and creamy, though I have not fully tested out an entire day's wear yet and cannot comment on how moisturizing it really is.

The only thing that sort of bugs me is the smell. I think someone described it as the scent of Playdoh, and I have to say that they're absolutely right. It's not that strong, but it's one of those things that really annoys you once you're aware of it.

The packaging is a little disappointing when compared to the L'oreal and Revlon lipsticks. It's a little wider than the Revlon Colorstay lipstick, and the size of it makes it feel chunky even though it's just light plastic. The semi-opaque cap is nothing to shout about, since all the lipsticks in the same color family have the same colored cap, which makes it a bit troublesome to identify individual lipsticks.

I probably wouldn't buy this again unless there's a offer and there are other colors I like. (Good thing that there are so many then.) I prefer my makeup unscented, so the smell is a no-no for me. But other than that, it's a decent drugstore lipstick.

on 11/11/2011 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

On me this is a perfect dupe for MAC Brave, which is my perfect MLBB shade. WMU is not warm on me at all - it's a cool, dusty, mauve pink with a lovely sheen - and not drying at all, which Brave can be. Very happy to have found this lippie!