Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

4.2

on 4/27/2018 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I love this lip colour. I was on the fence when I bought it thinking it might be too pale for me, but I'm surprised how often I reach for it. It's a lovely MLBB shade for me (soft, brownish pink) that works with all kinds of makeup looks. On my lips, this is a pretty close dupe for Bobbi Brown's Sandwash Pink. It's the lipstick I grab when I want to brighten up my face on a light makeup day. The texture is creamy and covers well. I start with Bobbi Brown lip balm and then a few coats of this, and I still have a stain hours later - for some reason, this formula really lasts on my lips. I have two tubes in reserve in case Maybelline discontinues this shade.

This is a great color to compliment my NW25 skin. It’s a little on the pink side, but still very neutral. Texture is creamy and it feels moisturizing. I would definitely buy again.

I like this color. Nice warmish pink with a bit of brown. It does brighten me up and good for work or going out with a darker eye.
Its last about the usual for a lipstick.

on 11/22/2016 8:11:00 AM

this lipstick is a neutral nude pink. it looks more pink on me than I expected it would but I like it none the less. the consistency is nice, it does not feel too heavy and the lasting power is very good. I find myself reaching for this a lot as I find it goes with any look.

This has been one of my hg lipsticks for a few years now. Ive already repurchased it 3 times. It's the perfect pink/brown toned nude that adds a nice color. Applies smooth like butter and lasts a decently long amount of time. If you can get this on sale definitely pick up a few because they're totally worth it.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

"Warm Me Up"..ohh, the irony for me! ..This makes me look DEAD.

I have tried this in the dead of Winter, pale as almost a ghost, about NC15; I have tried this tanned, in the Summer, almost NC35, and then even when I am roughly NC20 in the Spring. Every level, this makes me look 'dead'..:(

The formula is not drying, so there is that. And it is easy to apply. This has typical Maybelline scent.

And I know shades are so personal, but to me, I think it helps to hear/see/read about the ones who this does not work for, as well.

I could see how this could be very versatile, going with many 'looks;' but for me, I just feel like it makes me look 'dead'. Not a good color for me, pale, tanned and in-between.

on 3/24/2016 1:56:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I've been shopping my makeup stash and pulled out a few Maybelline lippies. This shade is one of the nicer ones. It reminds me of Mac's modesty and especially the cremesheen formula. Very nice. I tried the matte Daringly Nude yesterday and that one is not soo good. Too pale kinda patchy.

on 11/11/2015 11:25:00 PM

This lipstick was everything I wanted all of the other mauvey brown lipsticks to be. I got this because I read the color was similar to Nyx Butter Lipstick in the shade Pops which i also love but leans slightly more brown on me, however the formula for Nyxs version is so slippery and smudgy that I felt it wasn't really worth trying to find another one (Nyx is hard to find in Canada) after mine broke. This formula is fantastic. It goes on very buttery but has a great staying power on the lips for such a moisturizing formula. It will however transfer easily to a straw or glass but that is quite common with lipsticks to me. I can set it by placing a thin bit of tissue over it and pressing some translucent powder on it which helps but also mattifies.

The color is a little bit darker than my own lips and more mauve than brown. Its a great color which doesn't really seem particularly warm or cool on my ghost white skin. It reads very neutral but very polished. I like it best with a cool taupe eye look.

My biggest regret however is that this formula has a scent that is, to me, the definition of "old lady lipstick smell". Its like sweetened playdough and takes a while to go away. Not a fan at all. But this color is a great every day shade for fall and winter and it fades gracefully after about three hours so all in all this is a drugstore keeper.

on 9/1/2015 5:51:00 AM

I didnt want to splurge on Mac`s Brave(you know, the kylie jen craze!!!), so I got this, a dupe. This is one tone lighter than Brave but the finish is the same. Its an opaque /sheer nude brown.

You cant get an exact dupe but close enough. Works for me. On its own its simple looking. Paired with Mac`s Whirl, it`s sophisticated. This is great for everyday /office wear .Its polish looking. I like this.

on 11/27/2014 9:43:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Beautiful soft pink with a bit of brown mixed in there, darker than my natural lip colour (I'm quite pale and my lips have little colour). This applies evenly, no pilling, doesn't dry my lips out and last about average on me (which is pretty good). I bought it because I read it was a dupe of Mac Brave and I didn't want to spend the $18 on a mac lipstick. Would repurchase.