Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

4.3

on 5/13/2018 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Maybelline lipsticks are grouped in shade by the color of the outside case. So with a name like Warm me Up in a brown case one would expect a warm pink, however, not so. Upon reading the reviews here I thought this just might be the perfect pink I have spent a lifetime searching for. And it is <3.

Creamy formula, a slight gloss. Cool leaning, not too light nor too dark, not a Barbie pink, nor too mauve. No brown registers on me which is a guarantee to wash me out when paired with pink. Just a face wakening yet unobtrusive pink. Bonus, makes teeth appear whiter too. Love it.

on 4/9/2017 10:28:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this color and I'm actually almost to the bottom of it and that pretty much never happens because of the plethora of choices I have in my purse alone! It is a beautiful and warm nude pink with a hint of soft brown. It is without a doubt one of the best lipstick purchases I ever made.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

HG! This is my perfect, go-to color for any occasion. I have tons of colors and brands ranging from $ to $$$$$$$$$ and this is one of my absolute, all time favorites. This lippie is the jack of all trades, because it goes with a multitude of colors and different looks. It's definitely sophisticated enough to wear to a high priority meeting, and it can also be casual enough to wear while running errands around town. It's a beautiful pink nude and thankfully, pulls no brown whatsoever. If you're medium toned like me (nc35) give this a try and see if it becomes your hg nude lippie. Us girls with warm tans know how hard it is to find that perfect nude lip color. Hopefully you'll love it as much as I do. :)

on 3/23/2016 7:15:00 PM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this lipstick. I have repurchased this particular shade many times, and have bought other shades as well. The price is cheap, the coverage is smooth, the staying power is great, and there is a bit of shine as well. This particular color is great to use with various color lip pencils so you can multiply your lipstick looks.

If you are looking for a nice lipstick that has a rich color, is not drying (but will stay put) and actually feels good on your lips, this is the lipstick for you!

on 1/12/2016 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was just about to give up trying drugstore lipsticks, tired of the trial-and-error of buying lipsticks that never seemed to work. Then I came across Warm Me Up, which is grouped with the 'Natural' colors. However, I don't find it to be warm toned or nude at all, but more of a neutral pink, leaning more cool than warm. (It is similar to MAC Brave but is slightly lighter and has more of a sheen. Brave is more opaque and can look a bit flat and dry on the lips.)

The only reason I'm not giving it 5 lippies is because it's just slightly too light in color for me, I need to use a darker lip pencil to give it some depth and keep it from looking too washed out.

on 7/21/2015 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I feel like this lipstick is too pink to be in the brown packaging of the Maybelline lipsticks. It should be included in the pinks. It's a pretty color, but not something I reach for often. It's a warm pink that applies slightly sheer but its buildable.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I went to Target the other day, and picked up Maybelline Colorsensational in Warm me Up. I have trouble finding a good "nude" shade since I am very pale. I have to say that I like it quite a bit! It's not too light, not too pink or brown. It's a good combination of the two, and I feel it makes my lips look fuller! It isn't full on color, I can reapply it often and never feel like it's too strong. It is a more dry formula, but it did not dry out my actual lips. I also really like the smell, it has kind of a cocoa butter smell. I really like the packaging, it is a square tube that is a pinkish/brown on the outside, and silver mirror on the inside. This will definitely be an everyday lip color for me, and a great starting point for delving into the world of nudes!

on 6/3/2011 7:42:00 PM

I find this to be one of the most perfect neutral colors for daily wear for my NC20 skin tone. It is not drying at all. The smell seems to have improved since they were introduced b/c I would swear they used to smell like play dough!!!! The quality is right up there with MAC in my opinion. The only gripe I have at all is that I don't prefer this type of packaging. I prefer bullet type, but that is just a tiny thing!! This color is so warm and flattering I would def buy again!!

on 10/30/2010 10:50:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I got this color looking for a neutral lipstick. I have read the reviews and the color of this is running differently from one to another. I have it and it looks pinky on me with a slight frost to it. I am going to return it. I don't like frosts at all and I don't like the pink tinge on me. I am a NC20.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I want to start off my review by saying that not every Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick in the same shade looks exactly the same! I purchased two lipsticks in "Warm Me Up" and I noticed that the colors are slightly different! One of them is very creamy (applies onto the lips easily without dragging) and the color is a muted pink with hints of lilac that seem to clash with my warm golden skin tone. Since it looked too cool-toned on me, I returned this lipstick even though I did like the texture a lot. The one that I kept has a much drier texture and I deal with this by tapping the lipstick bullet onto my lips instead of swiping it on. The color is a slightly darker shade of muted pink by comparison and it doesn't contain any of the dreaded lilac undertones. Overall, I like this lipstick a lot because it is very true to color and highly pigmented. I would say it falls under the MLBB category. I only wish that it would last a little longer without having to reapply and I truly hate that terrible playdough smell!

Lastly, as a reminder, I want to say that just because you have fallen in love with a certain shade of these Color Sensational lipsticks, make sure you peek at the actual lipstick bullet before purchasing! I have noticed an inconsistency in color with quite a few of the lipsticks in this collection, but I must say that it is a bit difficult to detect unless you're as nitpicky and bored as me.