Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

4.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Yes I fell for the hype and had to try this product. My skin is NW 5, and this was really orangy on me. The smell seemed like a mix of perfume and chemicals and was very unpleasant. The other reviewer was right, after a few months the smell got even worse like it had turned already. I tried several times to wear this; with different clothing, different blush and eye-shadow, over different color lip liners, and I just couldn't get it to work for me.
Perhaps if you have a warmer skin tone it would look better, but I think for the price you can get a better quality product.

I really loved this lipstick when I first got. The color is perfect for my light complexion and fairly pigmented lips. It was smooth and smelled sweet at first. However, after a few months of having it, the smell turned RANCID, and the lipstick itself DRIED UP SO BAD, that I could no longer apply to my lips-it almost hurt to drag it across the lips. Since it dried up so bad, I am no longer able to get any color from it. With all that said, I don't think I will repurchase any lipstick from the Color Sensational line until they improve the formulation.
I don't know if this was a bad batch, but I think I will stick with my Revlon and L'oreal lipsticks, which I have had for longer then the Maybelline one, and they have never changed smell or consistency.

on 12/9/2009 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

yuck, yuck. bright orangey pink. not cute. nc40

on 11/24/2009 1:32:00 AM

This is the lipstick for women who can't wear light pink lipsticks--it's not too pale and is a warm pink, so it doesn't look too white. I hate the cap on these though--makes it easy to nick the lipstick since the caps are so long, and they are not sealed, so people try them on in the store--ugh! No shimmer on these, which actually would have been pretty. These lippies have a thick feel, which I don't mind in a lipstick, though they don't last long or leave a nice stain.They do feel a bit too waxy and drying though. So 4 stars for the color only. EDIT: WORST lipstick ever! After a few months, this dried out, color faded and changed and developed a smell. I'm throwing it out. See my general comments for this line under CS.

on 11/23/2017 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Warm Me Up has blue undertones that, against my light-medium, yellow NC20-NC25 coloring, kind of looks late 80s, early 90s pink. I would be open to trying other shades in this line, though! The intensity of the pigment is solid even with just one application, and the texture is creamy. It does have a fragrance, which doesn’t bother me, but the red plastic tube does feel flimsy and cheap.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

"Warm Me Up"..ohh, the irony for me! ..This makes me look DEAD.

I have tried this in the dead of Winter, pale as almost a ghost, about NC15; I have tried this tanned, in the Summer, almost NC35, and then even when I am roughly NC20 in the Spring. Every level, this makes me look 'dead'..:(

The formula is not drying, so there is that. And it is easy to apply. This has typical Maybelline scent.

And I know shades are so personal, but to me, I think it helps to hear/see/read about the ones who this does not work for, as well.

I could see how this could be very versatile, going with many 'looks;' but for me, I just feel like it makes me look 'dead'. Not a good color for me, pale, tanned and in-between.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I really like the color of this lipstick. It's almost the exact color of my lips, so perfect for a no-makeup makeup look. I wonder if perhaps I got a tube from a bad batch or something, because this stuff dries my lips out like crazy. Even when I apply lip balm AND Revlon lip butter underneath, and only apply over the top with a very light hand, my lips are dry as a desert within an hour. You know when your lips are so chapped that when you rub them together you can feel a bunch of prickly dry patches sticking up and catching on each other? Yeah, it's like that. This one's doomed to the trash can.

on 11/27/2013 2:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The color is beautiful, the product itself is not. The smell of Maybelline lipsticks are something I'll never get use to. But my biggest problem was this got darker throughout the day and each time I applied it. It started out a medium pink in the morning and by night it was a dark brownish pink. I don't think I have another lipstick that's done this to me. Giving this away.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

When I saw Temptalia's swatch of this I ran out on bought it because on her it looked like a gorgeous pink MLBB that would be perfect for everyday or for an evening out. Unfortunately on me, Warm Me Up hardly looks pink - more like a mauve that pulls way too brown for my liking. It has a slight caramelly sort of scent but it fades quickly and there's no taste I can detect. The formula is alright - it's slightly moisturizing and gives a slight sheen however it settles into lip lines after a little while. Won't be repurchasing.

Shade is very pretty but this lipstick has an odd smell, sort of like the smell of clay, although it doesn't really stay around after you apply it and is taste-free thankfully. However it did irritate my lips a little, so if you are sensitive, this may not be for you. It is very long wearing, but has a fairly dry texture and is not the smoothest or easiest to apply. Overall, I was not a fan.