Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

4.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Yaaaaaaaaay!!!! I finally found a lip color I can wear everyday.

*sigh* Ladies, this lip product has restored my faith in makeup. Lipsticks are one of the most difficult products for me to shop for because you never know how something works until you put it on, and I don't have the patience to go through thousands of shades in the store or at the counter to find my perfect fit. So I've always just settled for a so-so lip color.

Thank goodness for this forum, because I stumbled upon the reviews of this product and was moved to buy it.....and I am SO glad I did. I'd told myself that I was never going to purchase another lipstick on a whim again without having read the reviews here first, so I spent a lot of time combing through the testimonials and pictures of TONS of different shades and finally decided I wanted this one to be my next experiment.

I am thrilled. Lipsticks can't be reviewed too heavily on color, because the color delivery depends too much on each individual's skin tone, lip pigmentation, makeup colors, etc. I will say as far as the color is concerned that this is EXACTLY what I've been looking for. I wanted something pink and feminine, but not too bright, not too brown, not too berry, not nude, and I didn't want it to disappear on my lips or stand out too much. I know, I was asking a lot. But this product delivers. I can pair it with a smokey eye and it is SO much prettier than a plain gloss or a nude shade. Actually, some might venture to call this a nude, because it may match someone's natural lip pigment perfectly. For me it appears as the perfect feminine pinkish-purple. I suck at describing colors. JUST GO TRY IT.

Now, onto the formulation....color means nothing if the product won't stay on your lips, am I right? This stuff is DREAMY. It has a ton of color so it will cover your lips fully (I have one or two small, very light lip freckles, and this completely masks them). It is soft, glides on smoothly, is very hydrating, and stays on for a long time. It's nice and thick, but not goopy. It's not at all drying. It doesn't lose any quality as you continue to reapply, as I've found with other lip products. It's perfect each and every time.

Here are some tips, and how I use it - take from it what you will: I pair it with Rimmel's Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Liner in #018 "Addiction".... WOW. Perfect color match. Bingo!! Then, for the most amazing "oomph" I've ever experienced in lip dressings, I apply a coat of NYX's Mega Shine Lip Gloss in #127 "Pink Frost" on top. Ladies, I'm not exaggerating when I say that this combination is amazing. I feel like a mesmerizing forest fairy when I have these products on my lips. It's the perfect balance and the exact color combination I've been wanting for my lips for years.

I highly recommend this lip color & formula. It's the only color I've tried from the Color Sensational line, but I love it so much I'll definitely be trying out others. Give it a shot!!

on 8/9/2011 9:45:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This lipstick, I think, and have logically deduced from the name of it and my own experience with it, is that it's for warm skinned people only. Possibly neutral skinned persons could pull it off, but it's definitely a shade that compliments warmer toned persons.

I love this lipstick. It's perfect. And I don't say that about many products.

This lipstick is hard to pin down as far as its exact color goes. What is the color of it? Its a mauvepinkredpurplebrown. Did that help you get an idea? I'm sure it didn't. And good luck looking for internet swatches to help you determine what this shade is. You'll get the same non-answer, via images, that won't be helpful in determining what exactly this shade is.

I'ts quite bizarre. Sometimes it looks baby pink, sometimes mauve, sometimes brown, sometime purplish (undertone wise), sometimes reddish. It really is peculiar.
But I'm quite warm-toned, so this shade is loved not so much for its color, per se, but for the fact that it's so flattering. It makes your teeth look whiter (due to the purple tones) but doesn't make your lips look like those of a corpse; it makes you look more youthful and makes green eyes POP (due to the baby pink tones); it makes you look sun kissed (due to the red-brown tones).

It's a peculiar lipstick, indeed. And I love it. And if the color is not enough, lets move on to the texture, finish, and staying power.

This is a creamy lipstick. It feels as good, and light, and as moisturizing as chap-stick. It's not awkward where you're afraid to press your lips together for fear of making a mess around your mouth, it's rather goof-proof.

There is no glitter or shimmer or glossiness. But it's not matte.

Color lasts approximately 4 hours. It does leave color on drinking glasses and cigarettes. But regardless, the color still has very good adherence to your lips that you can go 4 hours without reapplying.

I have nothing but good things to say about this lipstick. It's the best I've ever used, and I think everyone who has warm skin should get it. It's a great everyday lipstick.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

My nudes are always very pink (or peach) and very little brown. Brown tones look muddy on me at the slightest provocation. So, I was surprised that Warm Me Up is really just a straight up mauve, and not brown enough (?) to register as a nude on me. I think it's also too cool toned, as I'm warm to neutral.

The formula is great - creamy and not drying. The scent is a super artificial perfume-y candy cherry that I don't love. The packaging looks and feels cheap. But it is pretty cheap for being such a nice formula.

on 11/11/2015 11:25:00 PM

This lipstick was everything I wanted all of the other mauvey brown lipsticks to be. I got this because I read the color was similar to Nyx Butter Lipstick in the shade Pops which i also love but leans slightly more brown on me, however the formula for Nyxs version is so slippery and smudgy that I felt it wasn't really worth trying to find another one (Nyx is hard to find in Canada) after mine broke. This formula is fantastic. It goes on very buttery but has a great staying power on the lips for such a moisturizing formula. It will however transfer easily to a straw or glass but that is quite common with lipsticks to me. I can set it by placing a thin bit of tissue over it and pressing some translucent powder on it which helps but also mattifies.

The color is a little bit darker than my own lips and more mauve than brown. Its a great color which doesn't really seem particularly warm or cool on my ghost white skin. It reads very neutral but very polished. I like it best with a cool taupe eye look.

My biggest regret however is that this formula has a scent that is, to me, the definition of "old lady lipstick smell". Its like sweetened playdough and takes a while to go away. Not a fan at all. But this color is a great every day shade for fall and winter and it fades gracefully after about three hours so all in all this is a drugstore keeper.

on 10/17/2018 3:55:00 PM

haha so this is why I love makeupalley!! I would never, ever in a bazillion million years picked this up if it hadn't been for MUA MLBB reviews. I'm medium/fair, low pigment lips, green eyes, dark brown hair and this is just perfect! Saved me lots of trips and returns to CVS ;-)

on 1/12/2016 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was just about to give up trying drugstore lipsticks, tired of the trial-and-error of buying lipsticks that never seemed to work. Then I came across Warm Me Up, which is grouped with the 'Natural' colors. However, I don't find it to be warm toned or nude at all, but more of a neutral pink, leaning more cool than warm. (It is similar to MAC Brave but is slightly lighter and has more of a sheen. Brave is more opaque and can look a bit flat and dry on the lips.)

The only reason I'm not giving it 5 lippies is because it's just slightly too light in color for me, I need to use a darker lip pencil to give it some depth and keep it from looking too washed out.

on 5/15/2018 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Warm me up is the perfect MLBB shade of lipstick. It's a neutral rosy pink that takes the lips up just a notch. It's like your lips after you've been kissed. I wouldn't say it's brown or nude. It's not really mauve. It's that allusive lip color that actually looks like lips that we're all looking for. This would work on any number of skin tones. HG. I need to buy a backup tube!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have been hearing a little buzz about this lipstick for a while now. Then last month's Marie Clarie mag, Miley Cyrus was wearing it on the front cover, which is why I bought it. I love the color it's a great netural brown pink. It goes on smooth and doesn't dry out my lips, it's kind of moisturizing. It wears for a long time too at least 2 hours. I'm not too fond of the smell, but that can be easily overlook, due to the awesome color and overall look of my lips.

on 11/25/2009 6:35:00 AM

I have bought about 10 of the Color Sensational Lipsticks and Warm Me Up is my favorite. I love the fact that most of the Color Sensational lipsticks are not frosty. If I want frost or glitter, I'll add lipgloss. Warm Me Up is a perfect color for me. Not too pale, but not bright either. I can put it on without a mirror and know that it's just right. I never need to worry about putting too much on. It works with both cool and warm colors--a true neutral. I find it better than MAC, Lancome, and NARS lipsticks.

on 11/22/2016 8:11:00 AM

this lipstick is a neutral nude pink. it looks more pink on me than I expected it would but I like it none the less. the consistency is nice, it does not feel too heavy and the lasting power is very good. I find myself reaching for this a lot as I find it goes with any look.