Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

4.1

on 10/17/2018 3:55:00 PM

haha so this is why I love makeupalley!! I would never, ever in a bazillion million years picked this up if it hadn't been for MUA MLBB reviews. I'm medium/fair, low pigment lips, green eyes, dark brown hair and this is just perfect! Saved me lots of trips and returns to CVS ;-)

Warm Me Up is kinda brown, kinda mauve, and kinda pink - all the same time! This makes it hard to describe (and even capture on camera since you can't see the multi-color aspect) but I agree with the reviews online that it looks a bit like Mac Brave. When swatched on my hand there's a subtle shimmer (much like the popular Maybelline shade Born With It, which has a similar formula to Warm Me Up). But on the lips, you cannot see any hint of glitter, and it has a satin finish. Despite the name, Warm Me Up is actually a neutral color (any hint of warm undertones on my blue toned skin look like garbage on me). The coloring of this shade makes my skin look really alive and vibrant, which is probably what they mean by "Warm" me up.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this based on the reviews but it is mauve on me. Not a neutral as i expected but a purplish pinkish color at least on my lips. Very disappointed. Was expecting a go-to color that would go with everything. This is not it.

on 5/15/2018 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Warm me up is the perfect MLBB shade of lipstick. It's a neutral rosy pink that takes the lips up just a notch. It's like your lips after you've been kissed. I wouldn't say it's brown or nude. It's not really mauve. It's that allusive lip color that actually looks like lips that we're all looking for. This would work on any number of skin tones. HG. I need to buy a backup tube!

on 5/13/2018 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Maybelline lipsticks are grouped in shade by the color of the outside case. So with a name like Warm me Up in a brown case one would expect a warm pink, however, not so. Upon reading the reviews here I thought this just might be the perfect pink I have spent a lifetime searching for. And it is <3.

Creamy formula, a slight gloss. Cool leaning, not too light nor too dark, not a Barbie pink, nor too mauve. No brown registers on me which is a guarantee to wash me out when paired with pink. Just a face wakening yet unobtrusive pink. Bonus, makes teeth appear whiter too. Love it.

on 4/27/2018 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I love this lip colour. I was on the fence when I bought it thinking it might be too pale for me, but I'm surprised how often I reach for it. It's a lovely MLBB shade for me (soft, brownish pink) that works with all kinds of makeup looks. On my lips, this is a pretty close dupe for Bobbi Brown's Sandwash Pink. It's the lipstick I grab when I want to brighten up my face on a light makeup day. The texture is creamy and covers well. I start with Bobbi Brown lip balm and then a few coats of this, and I still have a stain hours later - for some reason, this formula really lasts on my lips. I have two tubes in reserve in case Maybelline discontinues this shade.

on 12/10/2017 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm sorry to say that i would not purchase this color again. I was hopeful when I saw the name but,alas, it comes out a mauve on me and mauve is not all that flattering on my warm yellow toned skin. I'll probably give it to my mom she is a cool toned fair skinned lady.

on 11/27/2017 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love this lip color. It's not too long wearing but no biggie for me. I love that it doesn't dry my lips. I'm NC 25ish.

on 11/23/2017 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Warm Me Up has blue undertones that, against my light-medium, yellow NC20-NC25 coloring, kind of looks late 80s, early 90s pink. I would be open to trying other shades in this line, though! The intensity of the pigment is solid even with just one application, and the texture is creamy. It does have a fragrance, which doesn’t bother me, but the red plastic tube does feel flimsy and cheap.

This is a great color to compliment my NW25 skin. It’s a little on the pink side, but still very neutral. Texture is creamy and it feels moisturizing. I would definitely buy again.