Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

4.1

on 8/22/2009 2:52:00 PM

Warm Me Up #235 - This is the l/s I wear to work. It's the ultimate neutral. There's only the *slightest* hint of a shimmer - even less than a MAC lustre l/s. The color is more like a brownish-pink-muave putty, with the lightest golden shimmer. You probably won't see it if you open the tube in the store - you'd have to be out in the sun to notice it, and even then it won't be noticeable on your lips. I really like this shade - and this one didn't smell funny at all. Normal vanilla-ish smell. The texture is great and my lips haven't dried out after wearing this for a week straight while at work. I've only reapplied once in the day after eating lunch. I got these as a 2 for 1 deal at CVS so of course I stocked up and picked a few different shades.

on 8/28/2009 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is approaching HG status for me. I don't think this color is unique in the slightest (kind of a warm beiged pink, creamy but no shimmer) but what impresses me so much about these lipsticks is how true the pigments are. W/ the exception of one, all of the five CS lipsticks I have go on exactly the way they look in the tube. I'm super-olive MAC C40 and this is the perfect nude lipcolor, doesn't make me look muddy and doesn't look like foundation w/o being excessively pink. I love how these go on, even the matte colors go on super-smooth and leave your lips looking plump and moist. The length of wear is longer than average but wear doesn't matter much w/ me b/c I don't mind reapplying. Beautiful packaging and the price is right, not to mention a wide array of colors. I love how the packaging is different for each color family, makes it easy to hunt them down in my m/u drawer. Couldn't recommend this line enough AND Walgreens has them on BOGOF right now

I don't think I've ever liked a Maybelline lipstick...until now. I perused the display at CVS and found this one in the Naturals. I'm usually drawn to the pinks, but they all seemed to have some sort of shimmer/frost. I prefer a non-shimmer look and this lipstick delivers in may ways:
1) Neutral, but not a brown nude. I am MAC NW20, but my full lips have a lot of pigment and this actually takes them down a touch, without making them look muddy.
2) The consistency is smooth, not drying and the color lasts. Even after I eat lunch, it leaves a lovely (albeit faint) stain - without a line around my outer lips.
3) No lip pencil necessary.
3) The color matches any of my makeup combinations (I use Bobbi products on my face).

I am genuinely surprised at the quality of this lipstick. And not that it really matters, but the new cases are classy, too! It's delightful to find a true nude/natural, non-shimmer, high quality drugstore lipstick. Kudos Maybelline! MLBB indeed!

It's a mauvy pink color with very little golden shimmer that's barely noticible when you apply it to your lips.
Not drying at all, fades evenly.
NO RING around the mouth!
I don't find the smell strong and disgusting at all, it's a faint coconut/vanilla scent. Maybe it's just mine though...
EDIT: I realized that this lipstick is a little cool toned for me. I have super warm asian skin so it may look a bit unnatural on me, but still 5/5 :]

on 9/14/2009 8:28:00 AM

I think I might be in love with this drugstore lipstick. It feels like a high end lippie. It looks so pretty on me (NC15). Shows up as a pinky-brown color that goes on so smoothly and it not drying in the least. Very pigmented and lasts a surprising long time. I like the case. No smell that I can detect. I am definately getting more of these Color Sensational lippies!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This lippie exceeded my expectations. It is actually for me a cooler pink, although the name would suggest a warm pink, but it is a midtone pink that is almost nude. Very creamy formula, feels great and not drying at all. Left my lips quite moisturized.

Can't believe this is a drug store lippie, I only bought it because Ulta had BOBO, so I thought what the heck. It lasts about as long as other formulas that are not billed as long-wearing. It didn't survive breakfast, but what lipstick does unless it is Maxfinity?

At this price, I can afford to buy all of the colors I like. The package was pretty snazzy for DS lipstick--it sort of reminds me of the EL packaging. Best part is no odd or chemical smells or taste and no sickeningly sweet or vanilla smell or taste.

on 10/2/2009 4:53:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I wasn't getting my hopes up about this lippie when I got it. I am always disappointed at how nude lipsticks never look good on me. But this, however, is FAB!!! It's the same color on your lips as it is in the tube. The perfect pink-nude that goes with any kind of makeup look. Top with a little gloss and you have gorgeous lips.

on 10/11/2009 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

Color:
This is a light to medium warm, pinkish beige. It does have a miniscule amount of gold shimmer that isn't visible on your lips. This is close to the color of my lips, perhaps a bit lighter.
Update: On further wear I find this can tend to look a little too warm for my cool-toned skin, which can sometimes make me look drab. I'll probably still work with this and try to wear more saturated jewel-colored eye shadows, not natural or neutral colors with this.

Features:
These smell like a mixture of honey and vanilla to me, or play-doh to my fiance, either way I love the scent, it doesn't smell drying. The lipstick is so creamy and smooth but doesn't smudge outside your lip line, and is quite long-lasting for not being matte. Also very moisturizing, no feathering or settling into little lines in your lips. The finish to this is a creamy, barely shiny healthy look. The non-shimmer colors seem to be true to what is in the packaging. Yeah, I've been collecting these like crazy and would recommend bogos! Also check out Maybelline's site for suggestions on colors for your skintone, so far it has been very useful for me.

This is another wonderful color. I am always on the look out for really good nude colors. Most nude colors wash me out. This is a pinky nude that goes on smooth and lasts pretty well. I plan on getting a back up of this and Totally Toffee. Love them both!

on 10/21/2009 12:51:00 PM

I tried several of the Color Sensational Lipsticks and this is by far my favorite - and the only one I'd repurchase. The name makes no sense to me though, there's nothing warm about this shade [where as Blushing Brunette was too warm to be flattering for me, and Mauve Me was too cool and garish, Warm Me Up is actually a neutral, creamy, soft pink with no shimmer whatsoever.] I think it was Bobbi Brown that said the true test of a good lipstick colour is when you can wear it with no other makeup on and it still brightens up your face - this one fits that bill for me nicely. I don't own any other drugstore lipsticks but the packaging quality for this seems above the norm - sleek and sturdy. The only reason I can't give it 5 lippies is the strong, artificial smell - reminds me of kids' play-doh.