Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

4.1

This has been one of my hg lipsticks for a few years now. Ive already repurchased it 3 times. It's the perfect pink/brown toned nude that adds a nice color. Applies smooth like butter and lasts a decently long amount of time. If you can get this on sale definitely pick up a few because they're totally worth it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

"Warm Me Up"..ohh, the irony for me! ..This makes me look DEAD.

I have tried this in the dead of Winter, pale as almost a ghost, about NC15; I have tried this tanned, in the Summer, almost NC35, and then even when I am roughly NC20 in the Spring. Every level, this makes me look 'dead'..:(

The formula is not drying, so there is that. And it is easy to apply. This has typical Maybelline scent.

And I know shades are so personal, but to me, I think it helps to hear/see/read about the ones who this does not work for, as well.

I could see how this could be very versatile, going with many 'looks;' but for me, I just feel like it makes me look 'dead'. Not a good color for me, pale, tanned and in-between.

To Read all 143 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

HG! This is my perfect, go-to color for any occasion. I have tons of colors and brands ranging from $ to $$$$$$$$$ and this is one of my absolute, all time favorites. This lippie is the jack of all trades, because it goes with a multitude of colors and different looks. It's definitely sophisticated enough to wear to a high priority meeting, and it can also be casual enough to wear while running errands around town. It's a beautiful pink nude and thankfully, pulls no brown whatsoever. If you're medium toned like me (nc35) give this a try and see if it becomes your hg nude lippie. Us girls with warm tans know how hard it is to find that perfect nude lip color. Hopefully you'll love it as much as I do. :)

on 3/24/2016 1:56:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I've been shopping my makeup stash and pulled out a few Maybelline lippies. This shade is one of the nicer ones. It reminds me of Mac's modesty and especially the cremesheen formula. Very nice. I tried the matte Daringly Nude yesterday and that one is not soo good. Too pale kinda patchy.

on 3/23/2016 7:15:00 PM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this lipstick. I have repurchased this particular shade many times, and have bought other shades as well. The price is cheap, the coverage is smooth, the staying power is great, and there is a bit of shine as well. This particular color is great to use with various color lip pencils so you can multiply your lipstick looks.

If you are looking for a nice lipstick that has a rich color, is not drying (but will stay put) and actually feels good on your lips, this is the lipstick for you!

on 1/12/2016 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was just about to give up trying drugstore lipsticks, tired of the trial-and-error of buying lipsticks that never seemed to work. Then I came across Warm Me Up, which is grouped with the 'Natural' colors. It's deceiving because I don't find it to be warm toned or nude at all, but more of a neutral rosy pink, leaning more cool than warm. It is similar to MAC Brave but is slightly lighter and has more of a sheen. Brave is more pigmented and opaque and can look a bit flat and dry on the lips. I like the Maybelline better and could easily say this is my favorite lipstick right now.

on 11/11/2015 11:25:00 PM

This lipstick was everything I wanted all of the other mauvey brown lipsticks to be. I got this because I read the color was similar to Nyx Butter Lipstick in the shade Pops which i also love but leans slightly more brown on me, however the formula for Nyxs version is so slippery and smudgy that I felt it wasn't really worth trying to find another one (Nyx is hard to find in Canada) after mine broke. This formula is fantastic. It goes on very buttery but has a great staying power on the lips for such a moisturizing formula. It will however transfer easily to a straw or glass but that is quite common with lipsticks to me. I can set it by placing a thin bit of tissue over it and pressing some translucent powder on it which helps but also mattifies.

The color is a little bit darker than my own lips and more mauve than brown. Its a great color which doesn't really seem particularly warm or cool on my ghost white skin. It reads very neutral but very polished. I like it best with a cool taupe eye look.

My biggest regret however is that this formula has a scent that is, to me, the definition of "old lady lipstick smell". Its like sweetened playdough and takes a while to go away. Not a fan at all. But this color is a great every day shade for fall and winter and it fades gracefully after about three hours so all in all this is a drugstore keeper.

on 9/1/2015 5:51:00 AM

I didnt want to splurge on Mac`s Brave(you know, the kylie jen craze!!!), so I got this, a dupe. This is one tone lighter than Brave but the finish is the same. Its an opaque /sheer nude brown.

You cant get an exact dupe but close enough. Works for me. On its own its simple looking. Paired with Mac`s Whirl, it`s sophisticated. This is great for everyday /office wear .Its polish looking. I like this.

on 7/21/2015 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I feel like this lipstick is too pink to be in the brown packaging of the Maybelline lipsticks. It should be included in the pinks. It's a pretty color, but not something I reach for often. It's a warm pink that applies slightly sheer but its buildable.

on 7/5/2015 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this after I read the MUA reviews, and I am so glad I did! I have a hard time with nude lipsticks. I generally look like I am dead. I tried MAC Blankety, Myth, and Velvet Teddy and looked like a zombie! Saw the reviews and decided to try this....perfect HG nude for me! Just enough beige and pink to look natural...and inexpensive too! I actually picked up a back up tube, just in case. I am what is considered "cool to neutral" complexion wise, just for reference. Not in love with the smell of the lipstick, but that is a small price to pay for a great color and a lipstick that leaves lips feeling smooth, not dry!