Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

3.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this based on the reviews but it is mauve on me. Not a neutral as i expected but a purplish pinkish color at least on my lips. Very disappointed. Was expecting a go-to color that would go with everything. This is not it.

on 5/13/2018 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Maybelline lipsticks are grouped in shade by the color of the outside case. So with a name like Warm me Up in a brown case one would expect a warm pink, however, not so. Upon reading the reviews here I thought this just might be the perfect pink I have spent a lifetime searching for. And it is <3.

Creamy formula, a slight gloss. Cool leaning, not too light nor too dark, not a Barbie pink, nor too mauve. No brown registers on me which is a guarantee to wash me out when paired with pink. Just a face wakening yet unobtrusive pink. Bonus, makes teeth appear whiter too. Love it.

on 4/27/2018 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I love this lip colour. I was on the fence when I bought it thinking it might be too pale for me, but I'm surprised how often I reach for it. It's a lovely MLBB shade for me (soft, brownish pink) that works with all kinds of makeup looks. On my lips, this is a pretty close dupe for Bobbi Brown's Sandwash Pink. It's the lipstick I grab when I want to brighten up my face on a light makeup day. The texture is creamy and covers well. I start with Bobbi Brown lip balm and then a few coats of this, and I still have a stain hours later - for some reason, this formula really lasts on my lips. I have two tubes in reserve in case Maybelline discontinues this shade.

on 7/5/2015 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this after I read the MUA reviews, and I am so glad I did! I have a hard time with nude lipsticks. I generally look like I am dead. I tried MAC Blankety, Myth, and Velvet Teddy and looked like a zombie! Saw the reviews and decided to try this....perfect HG nude for me! Just enough beige and pink to look natural...and inexpensive too! I actually picked up a back up tube, just in case. I am what is considered "cool to neutral" complexion wise, just for reference. Not in love with the smell of the lipstick, but that is a small price to pay for a great color and a lipstick that leaves lips feeling smooth, not dry!

on 11/24/2009 1:32:00 AM

This is the lipstick for women who can't wear light pink lipsticks--it's not too pale and is a warm pink, so it doesn't look too white. I hate the cap on these though--makes it easy to nick the lipstick since the caps are so long, and they are not sealed, so people try them on in the store--ugh! No shimmer on these, which actually would have been pretty. These lippies have a thick feel, which I don't mind in a lipstick, though they don't last long or leave a nice stain.They do feel a bit too waxy and drying though. So 4 stars for the color only. EDIT: WORST lipstick ever! After a few months, this dried out, color faded and changed and developed a smell. I'm throwing it out. See my general comments for this line under CS.