Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

Filtered by eye Color : Green age: 44-55
Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

on 1/12/2016 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was just about to give up trying drugstore lipsticks, tired of the trial-and-error of buying lipsticks that never seemed to work. Then I came across Warm Me Up, which is grouped with the 'Natural' colors. However, I don't find it to be warm toned or nude at all, but more of a neutral pink, leaning more cool than warm. (It is similar to MAC Brave but is slightly lighter and has more of a sheen. Brave is more opaque and can look a bit flat and dry on the lips.)

The only reason I'm not giving it 5 lippies is because it's just slightly too light in color for me, I need to use a darker lip pencil to give it some depth and keep it from looking too washed out.

on 11/22/2014 11:08:00 AM

I have almost no natural pigment in my lips, so I have to be careful with my lipstick selections. For me, there is no such thing as MLBB. This lipstick really doesn't look great on me. It's too pink, and too light, and without blending it with a dark lipliner, washes me out.

on 6/21/2014 10:58:00 PM

This is my favorite color lipstick. I'm NW20. It feels great going on and had just enough sheen to it. My only problem is that it doesn't wear very long. I usually don't bother with liner, but that might help. It's definitely MLBB, pinkish brown. It doesn't wash me out at all.

on 12/20/2010 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this for my Snow White coloring! Hmm not exactly, but I have light skin, dark hair and olive green eyes. I tend to suck the color out of anything and true red looks amazing on me. But, this is a pretty every day color that doesn't scream "pink!" or "red!" or yucky "brown!" It's a mixture of all of the above and I'm loving the neutrality of this pretty color. I'm still missing MAC's House Wine which is a bit more versatile than this, but I can deal. It's a MLBB and I'm liking it.

on 11/25/2009 6:35:00 AM

I have bought about 10 of the Color Sensational Lipsticks and Warm Me Up is my favorite. I love the fact that most of the Color Sensational lipsticks are not frosty. If I want frost or glitter, I'll add lipgloss. Warm Me Up is a perfect color for me. Not too pale, but not bright either. I can put it on without a mirror and know that it's just right. I never need to worry about putting too much on. It works with both cool and warm colors--a true neutral. I find it better than MAC, Lancome, and NARS lipsticks.