Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

4.1

on 12/10/2017 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm sorry to say that i would not purchase this color again. I was hopeful when I saw the name but,alas, it comes out a mauve on me and mauve is not all that flattering on my warm yellow toned skin. I'll probably give it to my mom she is a cool toned fair skinned lady.

I like this color. Nice warmish pink with a bit of brown. It does brighten me up and good for work or going out with a darker eye.
Its last about the usual for a lipstick.

This color is a perfect MLBB, nice texture, and it's cheap and readily available in the drugstore. Score!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

"Warm Me Up"..ohh, the irony for me! ..This makes me look DEAD.

I have tried this in the dead of Winter, pale as almost a ghost, about NC15; I have tried this tanned, in the Summer, almost NC35, and then even when I am roughly NC20 in the Spring. Every level, this makes me look 'dead'..:(

The formula is not drying, so there is that. And it is easy to apply. This has typical Maybelline scent.

And I know shades are so personal, but to me, I think it helps to hear/see/read about the ones who this does not work for, as well.

I could see how this could be very versatile, going with many 'looks;' but for me, I just feel like it makes me look 'dead'. Not a good color for me, pale, tanned and in-between.

on 3/24/2016 1:56:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I've been shopping my makeup stash and pulled out a few Maybelline lippies. This shade is one of the nicer ones. It reminds me of Mac's modesty and especially the cremesheen formula. Very nice. I tried the matte Daringly Nude yesterday and that one is not soo good. Too pale kinda patchy.

on 3/23/2016 7:15:00 PM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this lipstick. I have repurchased this particular shade many times, and have bought other shades as well. The price is cheap, the coverage is smooth, the staying power is great, and there is a bit of shine as well. This particular color is great to use with various color lip pencils so you can multiply your lipstick looks.

If you are looking for a nice lipstick that has a rich color, is not drying (but will stay put) and actually feels good on your lips, this is the lipstick for you!

on 1/12/2016 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was just about to give up trying drugstore lipsticks, tired of the trial-and-error of buying lipsticks that never seemed to work. Then I came across Warm Me Up, which is grouped with the 'Natural' colors. However, I don't find it to be warm toned or nude at all, but more of a neutral pink, leaning more cool than warm. (It is similar to MAC Brave but is slightly lighter and has more of a sheen. Brave is more opaque and can look a bit flat and dry on the lips.)

The only reason I'm not giving it 5 lippies is because it's just slightly too light in color for me, I need to use a darker lip pencil to give it some depth and keep it from looking too washed out.

on 11/22/2014 11:08:00 AM

I have almost no natural pigment in my lips, so I have to be careful with my lipstick selections. For me, there is no such thing as MLBB. This lipstick really doesn't look great on me. It's too pink, and too light, and without blending it with a dark lipliner, washes me out.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The formula of this line of lipsticks is thick and creamy, somewhat dry, and lasts on me for about three hours, but I like to reapply my l/s often, so if it feels like it is fading I do. It smells like plastic or play-doh. The packaging is sturdy. The color Warm Me Up is a pink/brown, and is the exact same color as my lips. It adds a nice depth to them, and is perfect for subtle makeup looks or when you want a dramatic eye. I like the way this feels on my lips because it has almost no slippage. It feels firm, if that makes sense. I will repurchase this.

on 6/21/2014 10:58:00 PM

This is my favorite color lipstick. I'm NW20. It feels great going on and had just enough sheen to it. My only problem is that it doesn't wear very long. I usually don't bother with liner, but that might help. It's definitely MLBB, pinkish brown. It doesn't wash me out at all.