Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

Filtered by age: 30-35
Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

on 11/23/2017 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Warm Me Up has blue undertones that, against my light-medium, yellow NC20-NC25 coloring, kind of looks late 80s, early 90s pink. I would be open to trying other shades in this line, though! The intensity of the pigment is solid even with just one application, and the texture is creamy. It does have a fragrance, which doesn’t bother me, but the red plastic tube does feel flimsy and cheap.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

My nudes are always very pink (or peach) and very little brown. Brown tones look muddy on me at the slightest provocation. So, I was surprised that Warm Me Up is really just a straight up mauve, and not brown enough (?) to register as a nude on me. I think it's also too cool toned, as I'm warm to neutral.

The formula is great - creamy and not drying. The scent is a super artificial perfume-y candy cherry that I don't love. The packaging looks and feels cheap. But it is pretty cheap for being such a nice formula.

on 12/25/2016 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

235 warm me up is a light muted neutral pink brown. They say its a dupe for mac lipstick in brave. Shade is very natural, good for daytime wear. Very creamy. Lightweight. Very comfortable. Satin finish. Pigmented. Lasts a while. Not drying. Fragrance free.

on 10/24/2016 6:58:00 PM

Love the color of this lipstick & the slight glossiness. The only thing I don't like about maybelline lipstick is you can feel the pieces of glitter on your lips, very annoying, so I have to put lip balm on under it. It's a great price, less than $5 if you can get a coupon/sale

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

HG! This is my perfect, go-to color for any occasion. I have tons of colors and brands ranging from $ to $$$$$$$$$ and this is one of my absolute, all time favorites. This lippie is the jack of all trades, because it goes with a multitude of colors and different looks. It's definitely sophisticated enough to wear to a high priority meeting, and it can also be casual enough to wear while running errands around town. It's a beautiful pink nude and thankfully, pulls no brown whatsoever. If you're medium toned like me (nc35) give this a try and see if it becomes your hg nude lippie. Us girls with warm tans know how hard it is to find that perfect nude lip color. Hopefully you'll love it as much as I do. :)

on 11/27/2014 9:43:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Beautiful soft pink with a bit of brown mixed in there, darker than my natural lip colour (I'm quite pale and my lips have little colour). This applies evenly, no pilling, doesn't dry my lips out and last about average on me (which is pretty good). I bought it because I read it was a dupe of Mac Brave and I didn't want to spend the $18 on a mac lipstick. Would repurchase.

on 11/10/2013 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I feel like good nude lipsticks are impossible to find for NC30-35 skin. I'm pretty pleased with this one, though i don't love it. I feel like the formula is a bit drying, though it does look nice. I don't reach for this often enough to imagine running out of it, but if i did i'm not sure if i'd repurchase or keep searching.
Update 09/14: This has really grown on me. It's still not the perfect nudel, but i will definitely repurchase and have almost used it up. Yay!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I went to Target the other day, and picked up Maybelline Colorsensational in Warm me Up. I have trouble finding a good "nude" shade since I am very pale. I have to say that I like it quite a bit! It's not too light, not too pink or brown. It's a good combination of the two, and I feel it makes my lips look fuller! It isn't full on color, I can reapply it often and never feel like it's too strong. It is a more dry formula, but it did not dry out my actual lips. I also really like the smell, it has kind of a cocoa butter smell. I really like the packaging, it is a square tube that is a pinkish/brown on the outside, and silver mirror on the inside. This will definitely be an everyday lip color for me, and a great starting point for delving into the world of nudes!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I like the formula. It's creamy and lasts. I didn't detect a smell either But this color looked like a nice pinkish brown neutral on my hand at the store. But on my lips, it was odd and unflattering. It was a slightly brownish pinkish color with a whitish and purple undertone. It was just an odd, kind of this color and that color shade. It did not look right on me but I imagine it would look good on the right skin tone.

Shade is very pretty but this lipstick has an odd smell, sort of like the smell of clay, although it doesn't really stay around after you apply it and is taste-free thankfully. However it did irritate my lips a little, so if you are sensitive, this may not be for you. It is very long wearing, but has a fairly dry texture and is not the smoothest or easiest to apply. Overall, I was not a fan.