Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

Filtered by eye Color : Green age: 25-29
Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

3.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Yes I fell for the hype and had to try this product. My skin is NW 5, and this was really orangy on me. The smell seemed like a mix of perfume and chemicals and was very unpleasant. The other reviewer was right, after a few months the smell got even worse like it had turned already. I tried several times to wear this; with different clothing, different blush and eye-shadow, over different color lip liners, and I just couldn't get it to work for me.
Perhaps if you have a warmer skin tone it would look better, but I think for the price you can get a better quality product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Yaaaaaaaaay!!!! I finally found a lip color I can wear everyday.

*sigh* Ladies, this lip product has restored my faith in makeup. Lipsticks are one of the most difficult products for me to shop for because you never know how something works until you put it on, and I don't have the patience to go through thousands of shades in the store or at the counter to find my perfect fit. So I've always just settled for a so-so lip color.

Thank goodness for this forum, because I stumbled upon the reviews of this product and was moved to buy it.....and I am SO glad I did. I'd told myself that I was never going to purchase another lipstick on a whim again without having read the reviews here first, so I spent a lot of time combing through the testimonials and pictures of TONS of different shades and finally decided I wanted this one to be my next experiment.

I am thrilled. Lipsticks can't be reviewed too heavily on color, because the color delivery depends too much on each individual's skin tone, lip pigmentation, makeup colors, etc. I will say as far as the color is concerned that this is EXACTLY what I've been looking for. I wanted something pink and feminine, but not too bright, not too brown, not too berry, not nude, and I didn't want it to disappear on my lips or stand out too much. I know, I was asking a lot. But this product delivers. I can pair it with a smokey eye and it is SO much prettier than a plain gloss or a nude shade. Actually, some might venture to call this a nude, because it may match someone's natural lip pigment perfectly. For me it appears as the perfect feminine pinkish-purple. I suck at describing colors. JUST GO TRY IT.

Now, onto the formulation....color means nothing if the product won't stay on your lips, am I right? This stuff is DREAMY. It has a ton of color so it will cover your lips fully (I have one or two small, very light lip freckles, and this completely masks them). It is soft, glides on smoothly, is very hydrating, and stays on for a long time. It's nice and thick, but not goopy. It's not at all drying. It doesn't lose any quality as you continue to reapply, as I've found with other lip products. It's perfect each and every time.

Here are some tips, and how I use it - take from it what you will: I pair it with Rimmel's Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Liner in #018 "Addiction".... WOW. Perfect color match. Bingo!! Then, for the most amazing "oomph" I've ever experienced in lip dressings, I apply a coat of NYX's Mega Shine Lip Gloss in #127 "Pink Frost" on top. Ladies, I'm not exaggerating when I say that this combination is amazing. I feel like a mesmerizing forest fairy when I have these products on my lips. It's the perfect balance and the exact color combination I've been wanting for my lips for years.

I highly recommend this lip color & formula. It's the only color I've tried from the Color Sensational line, but I love it so much I'll definitely be trying out others. Give it a shot!!

I'm still trying to decide if I love this l/s or just like it.
I bought it after seeing the reviews here, and was really excited, since I'm really more of a gloss girl, but hve been looking for a l/s to enhance my own lip colour and not come off in 5 seconds or be too glossy for when I would prefer something matte. I am not a bold lip colour girl (smallish lips, and ridiculously pale, it just doesn't suit me) so anything on my lips must be fairly neutral -- I suppose it is, but I think its just slightly pinker then i was anticipating. Not necessarily in a bad way, it might be that i'm just not used to seeing myself in l/s.

Buy again? Certainly the line is amazing. Another reason I always hated l/s was how dry/stinky some of them were, this one is unoffensive, and feels good, but i might try another neutral/nudish colour...this one is running just a bit too cool for me on my 'warm' makeup days.