Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

Filtered by age: 19-24
Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

3.9

on 10/6/2016 8:17:00 AM

I like this lipstick a lot, mostly because of the color retention. It isn't perfect, but I would buy it again.

on 11/11/2015 11:25:00 PM

This lipstick was everything I wanted all of the other mauvey brown lipsticks to be. I got this because I read the color was similar to Nyx Butter Lipstick in the shade Pops which i also love but leans slightly more brown on me, however the formula for Nyxs version is so slippery and smudgy that I felt it wasn't really worth trying to find another one (Nyx is hard to find in Canada) after mine broke. This formula is fantastic. It goes on very buttery but has a great staying power on the lips for such a moisturizing formula. It will however transfer easily to a straw or glass but that is quite common with lipsticks to me. I can set it by placing a thin bit of tissue over it and pressing some translucent powder on it which helps but also mattifies.

The color is a little bit darker than my own lips and more mauve than brown. Its a great color which doesn't really seem particularly warm or cool on my ghost white skin. It reads very neutral but very polished. I like it best with a cool taupe eye look.

My biggest regret however is that this formula has a scent that is, to me, the definition of "old lady lipstick smell". Its like sweetened playdough and takes a while to go away. Not a fan at all. But this color is a great every day shade for fall and winter and it fades gracefully after about three hours so all in all this is a drugstore keeper.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I really like the color of this lipstick. It's almost the exact color of my lips, so perfect for a no-makeup makeup look. I wonder if perhaps I got a tube from a bad batch or something, because this stuff dries my lips out like crazy. Even when I apply lip balm AND Revlon lip butter underneath, and only apply over the top with a very light hand, my lips are dry as a desert within an hour. You know when your lips are so chapped that when you rub them together you can feel a bunch of prickly dry patches sticking up and catching on each other? Yeah, it's like that. This one's doomed to the trash can.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I think I had basically despaired at finding a nude lipstick which works for me. My lips are fairly pigmented and this is my MLBB! This lipstick would be amazing on medium to deep skintones, but it has enough warmth to it that it would work for fair complexions as well. I am impressed with Maybelline at how creamy these lipsticks are, and she shade range is great. Downsides are wear time: 3-4 hours and the packaging is ugly but at least not loud. Warm Me Up is nearly identical to Kate Moss for Rimmel 105 on the lips.

I cannot say enough good things about this lippie! It's hands down my favorite nude pink in my collection. It looks great with any eye makeup, it's natural looking, impossible to over do, moisturizing, and it smells yummy! I bought mine in September and I use it all the time. Even if I'm wearing another lipstick out somewhere, I carry this one in my purse just in case. I would repurchase again and again!

This lipstick line is the best!! I love all the colors I have tried. Warm Me Up is with the brown shades, but I'm not sure why. It's a beautiful soft pink. It really does warm up your whole face! The shade is basically a my lips but better color. It's one of my favorite colors to pair with dark eye makeup, or even if I just want to look naturally pretty. I recommend this to pale girls!
Although I think this would look fabulous on tan skin as well.

I bought this because of the recommendation from a Youtube guru that I liked. I regretted it. It's been almost a year since I've had this lipstick and I still think it's probably one of the worst lipstick shades that I owe. It comes off as a weird brownish mauve color with almost a bit of toned down fuschia/purple in it. I gave it three stars for the formula, and packaging, which are both quite nice for the price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

When I saw Temptalia's swatch of this I ran out on bought it because on her it looked like a gorgeous pink MLBB that would be perfect for everyday or for an evening out. Unfortunately on me, Warm Me Up hardly looks pink - more like a mauve that pulls way too brown for my liking. It has a slight caramelly sort of scent but it fades quickly and there's no taste I can detect. The formula is alright - it's slightly moisturizing and gives a slight sheen however it settles into lip lines after a little while. Won't be repurchasing.

on 5/20/2013 10:05:00 PM

I've bought this lipstick twice. It's such a great medium pink that you can wear every day. It's HG status for my NC30 skin, and I hope Maybelline never stops making it.

on 1/10/2013 7:33:00 PM

I love this lipstick shade because its a gorgeous color that gives my face the "Warmth" it needs! Very natural and definitely a MLBB lipstick. However I did find it to be very dry so I try to apply some lip balm underneath to moisturize my lips. Staying power is not amazing, have to reapply a few times.